Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure why you think he can't solve it unless you are a psychic . Signing a young player is a gamble with a mid-long term payoff. Did you think Lo Celso would solve for our lack of midfield creativity back when he was signed?

Rather spurs sign players like Rodon instead of washed up old and experienced defenders like thiago Silva
Depends on situation and player attribute.

Lo Celso example is a bad one. He was tried at Spanish top flight. 20+ goal involvement is testament itself for worthy gamble. And yet we loan him before making it permanent.

We have other young CB we need to develop and giving game time, too. There is the middle ground between young CB and washed up CB. 25/26 years old CB would still have 6-8 years in them, and not exactly old.

Every signing is a gamble. The lower the risk the better. It's premature to downplay our own players, and hype up target especially those that old enough but yet proven enough.

I really wish we could get this deal done. Offer £15m with add ons for appearances to make it up to £18m. Don't see the point in loaning him back for a season. If that was the case, we may aswell hold out till January or the Summer to get Skrinier or another established centre back.

It's good if we score one more than we let in :)
Mrs P, I usually agree with you but I really want to win the league this year.
I started supporting Spurs in 1961 and I am still waiting for a repeat performance.
So I think that we have to have high standards, and that must be 4 good CBs.
I'm sure we thought that Sanchez would hold down one spot, but he has disappointed recently. Sometimes 1-0 Is a good result on the way to be champions.
Under Jol, Harry and Poch it has been much more enjoyable, but to fix a regular in the top 4 must be the target.
Under Maurinho a new sense of professionalism seems to have appeared.
Poch would never have confronted Deli!
Sorry to rant on but I want to live long enough to see it.

Mrs P, I usually agree with you but I really want to win the league this year.
I started supporting Spurs in 1961 and I am still waiting for a repeat performance.
So I think that we have to have high standards, and that must be 4 good CBs.
I'm sure we thought that Sanchez would hold down one spot, but he has disappointed recently. Sometimes 1-0 Is a good result on the way to be champions.
Under Jol, Harry and Poch it has been much more enjoyable, but to fix a regular in the top 4 must be the target.
Under Maurinho a new sense of professionalism seems to have appeared.
Poch would never have confronted Deli!
Sorry to rant on but I want to live long enough to see it.
I was being a little facetious, but when it comes down to it, all we have to do to win is to score one more goal than the opposition. It won't be good for my blood pressure to win games 4-3, 5-4, etc. I'm just not that bothered about keeping clean sheets, as long as we win.
You are very lucky to have experienced The Double season, and I would give my eye teeth to see that in my lifetime. Don't know if I want it to happen this season though, if we can't be part of it.

I was being a little facetious, but when it comes down to it, all we have to do to win is to score one more goal than the opposition. It won't be good for my blood pressure to win games 4-3, 5-4, etc. I'm just not that bothered about keeping clean sheets, as long as we win.
You are very lucky to have experienced The Double season, and I would give my eye teeth to see that in my lifetime. Don't know if I want it to happen this season though, if we can't be part of it.
I was only 8 and not much TV but my first match was on the shelf, with Percy Dalton peanuts! I really want it to happen again asap and keep the Woolwich playing on Sundays !

I have a feeling that its like 60-40.
NB! Not pretending to be ITK (!!) just gut feeling from far away.

What talks in our favor -
- player wants to join
- Welsh impact on him through mainly Davies who he has been playing with in NT
- we seem to rate him high
- he is tall and has played in physical league
- if he'd be as consistent and impressive throughout the season / even until January he'd cost fair share more
- even if valuation view is different, say 10 vs 18 mil - on our scale it is actually still peanuts
- could use CCV as bargaining chip (has been to Swansea, played really well in Champo last season)

What is against us -
- Swans have very limited time to use the money received
- Swans have started quite well in Champo and they could see him as important part of potentially gaining promotion
- Mou might prefer someone like Skriniar who is more experienced and hit the ground running in EPL in January window
- to some extent his value for us in short term is smaller - we cannot use coming EL fixtures, specially in latter group stage games where there might be less pressure

We'll see. I'd like if we signed him. But not the end of the world if we dont!

Back
Top Bottom