Fan Activism for charity thread. Tottenham Versus Brighton Nov 1st pay per view.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

will you pay the PPV charge

• yes

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • no (inc streamers)

Votes: 91 82.7%

• Total voters
Well done Spurs fans, just over £71,000 donated so far.
I normally keep my charity donations to ones that are local to me, but I think this is a good cause and the boycott bit is the icing on the cake. I'm just doing my donation now.

Well done Spurs fans, just over £71,000 donated so far.
I normally keep my charity donations to ones that are local to me, but I think this is a good cause and the boycott bit is the icing on the cake. I'm just doing my donation now.

Really £71k? That's nearly a third of Harry's weekly wage.

Really £71k? That's nearly a third of Harry's weekly wage.

I don't care about anyone's wages, I was applauding how well Spurs fans were doing on it. When I looked earlier the next highest total was around £24k I think which was the Man City fans donations.

It’s slightly laughable that this is what has taken people to wake up. I would have thought £60+ tickets with very little atmosphere and controlled fandom would have hit home first?

ive said it before in another thread, but there are far too many comments with the content being ‘ I can afford it’. This is why our average age is about 55 for our matches.

Seriously, to those who have been watching 30/40 years, and I’m talking about the Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman etc, you talk about how much you loved going when younger; could you possibly have afforded to go if comparable prices were charged then compared to now?

we have lost what football is about. We have some time honoured tradition at spurs that it’s OK to pay the prices, as others ‘can afford it too’ Have a look at TBWAH etc, many lads over the age, of what, 25? Nah.

There are some golden oldies that hark back to the days, but do little to assist the younger gen getting involved now.

we’ve sold our soul to the global market (thanks to English passionate fans/hoolie presence), and yet we still pay obscene prices even just to watch a game on the box , even before the PPV.
One way to stop this ludicrous money was for fans to stop going to games, as that is what makes a game exciting And therefore interesting to see what happens without the fans.

Covid now gives us a chance of setting parameters of what we really want. And just because you can pay for it , does not mean you should.

have a think before you press that affirmative button
I haven't got Sky and have no intention of paying for any PPV games, even if I can afford it. I vehemently disagree with the principle of having to pay in addition to the exorbitant monthly charge for individual events. When I was married and had Sky sports, I remember the first time they put forward a PPV event, think it was a boxing match. I thought at the time that if people just refused to pay, then they wouldn't do it again, just common sense. But obviously, enough people took it up, because they continued to put stuff on PPV. I agree that Premier League prices are ridiculously high for younger people, when I first started going, standing for juniors was the equivalent of about 17.5p. We're never going to go back to that, even if they introduce safe standing.

Now I've read the whole thread, I'll definitely support the donation to charity, and I urge everyone to do the same. We can make a real statement of intent here. Even if you can only afford a pound, the number of donors will be just as important as the amount raised.

Don't give money to charities: charities are corrupt and incompetent.

Instead, buy good quality food (not tinned food that you wouldn't give to your dog) and give it direct to the homeless.

Don't give money to charities: charities are corrupt and incompetent.

Instead, buy good quality food (not tinned food that you wouldn't give to your dog) and give it direct to the homeless.

Last time I offered to buy a homeless guy some lunch they said "no thanks.... can I have the cash for the booze instead?" :mourloopy:

Back
Top Bottom