Fan Activism for charity thread. Tottenham Versus Brighton Nov 1st pay per view.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

will you pay the PPV charge

• yes

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • no (inc streamers)

Votes: 91 82.7%

• Total voters
I am not effected by this so I won't vote in the poll to skew the results from those that actually are involved in this but I would say no and I am not sure why anyone would.

Why not donate to charity and watch the game? How does denying yourself the enjoyment, assuming you enjoy watching the games, help the charity?

If you can't afford to pay £15 to watch and £15 to charity then I think you are probably ok to not donate this time and wait until you are in a better spot financially to donate then.

It's about protesting the cost to stream such games.... £15 each is a rip off once factored on top of the rest of the montly subscription fees.

I wont pay them a penny for PPV. I already subscribe.

If we all pay £15, they will then start reducing the amount of games covered under subscription and then charge £20 ppv, then £25.......... They are testing the water and seeing what people will fall for.

No way I’m spending £15 to watch football on the TV.
Well not a match against Brighton played in front of a few journalists anyway.

Off to buy myself some avocado smash on sourdough bread with a pint of craft ale followed by a gluten free muffin made with homemade chocolate. £15 well spent. Well might cost £18 but who’s counting.

People really need to get their priorities straight.

I've donated 50 pounds to that Tottenham foodbank .

To be fair I don't have to pay for this game because we'll get it for free in Ireland. Much respect to anyone who wont pay.

If you pay for this you are part of the problem.

Hundreds of cheeky rivers out there, don't give the cunts your money I implore you.

If enough people don't subscribe to this PPV bollox they will have to re-think it.

EDIT : Sorry just woken up this morning, absolutely give £15 a charity, just don't give it to the fuckers at Sky/BT they are taking the piss

If you pay for this you are part of the problem.

Hundreds of cheeky rivers out there, don't give the cunts your money I implore you.

If enough people don't subscribe to this PPV bollox they will have to re-think it.
Yeah i agree, its not about being able to afford this or not, it's about making a point , if this PPV bollox is successful it will become the norm! Its time to make a stand against the greed of Football in general

Giving to charity is a wonderful thing in any circumstance, but stealing money from the club you support and justifying that through 'charity' is both illegal and totally thinking about yourself lol!
How is it thinking about yourself? If that was the case you would just pay the £15 for the game rather than give to charity, this is about collectively making a stand against the greed that is sky sports, and if you can’t see that then there is not much left to say.

To the nearest £1k the totals raised by each club's drive so far are as follows:

Spurs - £9k
Leeds - £22k
Man Utd & Man City - £25k
Burnley - £24k
Newcastle - £22k
Wolves - £2k
West Ham - £2k
Everton & Liverpool - £8k
Southampton - £1k
Sheffield United - £2k
Fulham - £2k

The follow clubs supporters are donating direct to their chosen charities so there is no running total of donation amount, but they do all have their own campaigns running:

Chelsea
Aston Villa
West Brom
Crystal Palace
Leicester City
Woolwich
Brighton

So as it stands at the moment over £125k has been raised for charities plus however much has been donated directly. Most clubs are donating to their local food banks except Sheffield who are donating to a hospice charity, Leicester to The Vichai Srivadfhanaprabha Foundation and Fulham who are donating to CALM.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom