Fan Activism for charity thread. Tottenham Versus Brighton Nov 1st pay per view.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

will you pay the PPV charge

• yes

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • no (inc streamers)

Votes: 91 82.7%

• Total voters
How is it thinking about yourself? If that was the case you would just pay the £15 for the game rather than give to charity, this is about collectively making a stand against the greed that is sky sports, and if you can’t see that then there is not much left to say.
The Premier League voted to allow PPV in light of the current Covid-19 virus

- in order to generate a contribution towards the financial impact of each club's losses through gate receipts
- to give match going fans the option of still being able to view their team's games live

The only games that are available via PPV are games that were not scheduled to be televised by football broadcasters in the United Kingdom

Said games, under normal circumstances, are only viewable live via a match day ticket in the United Kingdom

The 20 clubs came to the interim decision after a recent meeting in order to "enable all fans to continue to watch their teams live"

At League One club, Blackpool, all matches are shown on IFollow at a cost of £10 per game. Season Ticket holders get free access.

True, but their ST holders have to pay in full for the season with no refunds for BCD matches, just a “free” ifollow pass instead.

I’m sure Daniel would consider doing the same if we all started a petition... :levyeyes:

Last edited:
The Premier League voted to allow PPV in light of the current Covid-19 virus

- in order to generate a contribution towards the financial impact of each club's losses through gate receipts
- to give match going fans the option of still being able to view their team's games live

The only games that are available via PPV are games that were not scheduled to be televised by football broadcasters in the United Kingdom

Said games, under normal circumstances, are only viewable live via a match day ticket in the United Kingdom

The 20 clubs came to the interim decision after a recent meeting in order to "enable all fans to continue to watch their teams live"
you make it sound like the PL clubs are doing the fans a favour? They just sat together and come up with a way to milk more cash out of fans, and be under no illusion if this turns out to be successful it will be the new normal in a few years time, and any CAT A games, IE spurs vs woolwich will only be available on PPV. I agree clubs might be struggling with gate receipts, maybe now they will realise that without fans football is nothing.

No way I’m spending £15 to watch football on the TV.
Well not a match against Brighton played in front of a few journalists anyway.

Off to buy myself some avocado smash on sourdough bread with a pint of craft ale followed by a gluten free muffin made with homemade chocolate. £15 well spent. Well might cost £18 but who’s counting.

People really need to get their priorities straight.

I haven't got Sky and have no intention of paying for any PPV games, even if I can afford it. I vehemently disagree with the principle of having to pay in addition to the exorbitant monthly charge for individual events. When I was married and had Sky sports, I remember the first time they put forward a PPV event, think it was a boxing match. I thought at the time that if people just refused to pay, then they wouldn't do it again, just common sense. But obviously, enough people took it up, because they continued to put stuff on PPV. I agree that Premier League prices are ridiculously high for younger people, when I first started going, standing for juniors was the equivalent of about 17.5p. We're never going to go back to that, even if they introduce safe standing.
What wait you were married.....?😳

Thinke we should choose a suitable charity to bung our £15 at instead

One of tottenhams charity patners who do a fantastic job

Cool idea. It's a fuck you to outrageous greed with an additional layer of altruism and whatever the opposite of hypocrisy is.

Anyway, I won't ever be paying that bullshit. The business of football has been bleeding fans dry for too damn long now. It must be nice to have job security with your multimillion pound salary..

Back
Top Bottom