Europa League - Tottenham Vs LASK, Thursday 22nd Oct, 8pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You think eventually we need them playing with each other in games because we will want them together in important matches like a cup final or something similar.
Agreed. I see no reason they can't play together if the defence is sorted out (it needs to be because they're both very progressive players). And there are times when that sort of creativity and forward pressure is useful as fuck.

Hell. I wish Southgate would've done something that bold and attacking in the last international break. We probably wouldn't have lost to Denmark.

very impressed with Vinicius, exactly what weve been missing when Kane has been out. Intelligent, strong, works hard - great signing for zero quid at the moment.

I'd not paid any attention to Vinicius on the odd occasion I'd watched Benfica last season, so had no pre-conceived opinion of him. I liked some of the bits I saw tonight, and clearly there's more to him than just being a one dimensional box 9. Seemed to show a reasonable combo of physicality, some technical and composure - I've never minded a CF who isn't a prolific scorer if he can facilitate the team scoring, and I saw some signs of that tonight, Vinicius didn't sulk when he missed his sitter, worked hard for others and set up two of the three goals with very deft touches.

Doherty continues to underwhelm me massively, especially defensively.

And if our bunch of fucking attacking bumblers could actually get their fucking heads out of their arses and look up and then have the fucking wherewithal to play, what are sometimes pretty simple through balls or key passes, we would make life so much more comfortable for ourselves sometimes. So many times we got into great attacking positions only to fuckbumble the key pass.

Moura, Alli, Lamela frequently, Son does this also (but is on such rich finishing form he gets some leeway). And going back to the weekend, for all Kane's uberness in creating lately, there were a couple of times at 3-0 in that West Ham game where he was selfish and spunked chances to kill the game with a pass instead choosing selfishly to chase his own glory hatrick.

I quite liked that about Vinicius tonight, he could have been so desperate to score that he made stupid selfish decisions, but generally he didn't. Long may that continue.

Excellent game from Vini tonight
You, and every one else can fuck off with this "Vini/Vinny" bollocks.

He's Sid to me and that's the end of it.

c094-f94c-4839-9ee5-d15d3d9245db.jpg

6 new players starting, so every chance of a dodgy performance as the players wouldn't be used to each other. But whilst it wasn't the highest quality opposition, the players played pretty well together - really good sign for the rest of the season.

Positives from this game :

Hart - Clean sheet, first one for Spurs this season. Had a number of saves to make, although generally not under huge pressure. Did far better than I feared when he signed, looks a decent back up keeper so far

Davies - Looks a very comfortable LCB. Maybe he moves there permanently if Cirkin and/or Sessegnon step up this season.

Reguilon - Quality attacking LB, his speed upsets the opposition and decent end product. Really good acquisition

Hojbjerg - Rapidly looking like one of our best acquisitions of the summer. What more can be said

Vinicius - Very good debut - 2 assists and created 2 or 3 other chances that could/should have been taken. Missed his one attempt on goal, Really like him playing like Kane's no 10 performances by creating chances for the other players.

Might have mentioned a couple of others such as Moura, but haven't. Importantly no really bad performances.

Good that 4 of the 5 players named above are from our new signings - really illustrates the extra strength in depth brought in this summer.

Love the fact that we were able to rest a number of players such as Kane, Ndombele, and Alderweireld, Lloris whilst Son, Lo Celso and Dele only played a few minutes - so should be a side looking very fresh and not tired v Burnley on Monday where if we are lucky Dier and Tanganga could be available as will the ineligible Rodon. Really its only Reguilon and Hojbjerg who are likely to start v Burnley who played the majority of the match tonight.

A lot of positives tonight.

Back
Top Bottom