Europa League - Tottenham Vs LASK, Thursday 22nd Oct, 8pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nothing but reasons to be cheerful this evening. Vinicius looks the real deal and paired up with both Moura and Son beautifully for the two goals. Hojbjerg just gets better and better, totally solid and dependable. I also have to admit that Hart did everything required of him tonight and looked completely in control. Davies played well and Bale is now starting to look the part with another 60 minutes under his belt.

Brilliant to see such an array of quality on the subs bench with Alli, Lo Celso and Sissoko all eager and keen to compete for the ball and create chances. Nice for Jack Clarke to come on and he was so close to scoring too.
A most satisfactory night for all concerned but for me the highlight was looking at that team and how cohesively they played then realising just who was sitting on the subs bench biting at the bit to get some playing time.

I am not getting carried away and fully appreciate how poorly the opposition were but they were despatched with what I can only describe as consumate ease.The depth of this squad and the quality within it gives me, as a supporter, a genuine confidence and belief that something very special lies ahead for this wonderful club in the near future.

He also seemed to find himself in a lot of trouble chasing an 'easy' cup tie and Kane had to be brought on to bail us out...
:pochsulk:
I think I remember like 3 or 4 separate cup ties against lower league opposition where Kane was specifically brought on to score a winner and successfully did so. That's a strong record for Kane off the bench, less so for Spurs' striker rotation :p

Serious question, How do we get Gio and Ndombele on the pitch at the same time?

They are both turning into incredible players

I'm not convinced that JM sees them as a starting pair. Guess he figures it leaves the midfield too light and would tie PEH too deep. I think we will see them together with one coming on as a sub. Hopefully this will convince him that this works and it becomes impossible to resist.

RB——-CB———CB——-LB

PEH
NDombele—————-Lo Celso

Bale————Kane———-Son​

But with the squad we have and frequency of games we need to rotate - and we don't have any creative rotations options for Ndombele and Lo Celso (unless you like Sissoko) and are reliant upon Winks to replace PEH.

More choice for 3 up front, although some issues on quality.

I think we could only play those front 6 against about a quarter of our opposition - against most of the rest we rotate so only 2 of those CM's play together, and likewise 2 of those attackers play together, by using others in the squad

I think I remember like 3 or 4 separate cup ties against lower league opposition where Kane was specifically brought on to score a winner and successfully did so. That's a strong record for Kane off the bench, less so for Spurs' striker rotation :p
He really spared our blushes a few times over the years. Especially in the FA cup.

We had a couple of dicey moments in our EL qualifiers but fingers crossed José is gonna stamp that shit out.

He really spared our blushes a few times over the years. Especially in the FA cup.

We had a couple of dicey moments in our EL qualifiers but fingers crossed José is gonna stamp that shit out.
For sure, mate. That's why anyone who says that weird shit about Kane not helping the team until recently is deranged. (There's literally a guy in the Kane thread doing that ATM. I wouldn't have thought it could happen either.)

They
I don't think Antwerp have ever played in Europe so they have no coefficient points, but they qualified out of a tougher league than either of the other 2.
I don't think Antwerp have ever played in Europe so they have no coefficient points, but they qualified out of a tougher league than either of the other 2.
They were in the Cup Winners Cup final in 1993, for what it’s worth!

Back
Top Bottom