Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Team gets clean sheet, defender gets slaughtered by fans. It's ridiculous.

Totally fcuking right.

He did waste opportunities but was there to waste them.

He also made one fantastic, no fear for self block.

It's a team game.

We drew the last Prem game. I don't remember seeing Davies on the sheet for that one. Was he to blame for that as well???

He had a decent enough performance by his standards, but we just looked too one dimensional without Reggie. That's not Davies' fault, he's not that kind of fullback, and Mourinho knows that.

Just throw some blackcurrant in the Guinness and you'll be fine.

You big girl
Sacrilege!!

Ive never been so insulted

I’ll bet you’re one of those people who add Dry Ginger to 30 yr old Scotch

Le Clique has now been made aware of your cuntish behaviour!

Sacrilege!!

Ive never been so insulted

I’ll bet you’re one of those people who add Dry Ginger to 30 yr old Scotch

Le Clique has now been made aware of your cuntish behaviour!
Not me mate, Guinness only, nothing added.
Murphy's is for little girls with a sweet tooth. Guinness is a mans drink.

Not me mate, Guinness only, nothing added.
Murphy's is for little girls with a sweet tooth. Guinness is a mans drink.
If you can get it Belhaven draught Scottish stout is excellent

Brewed in Dunbar

By the sound of your taste you would like the ordinary bottled variety

As I’m a woman I prefer the draught!

:wansum:

I can’t see him keeping his place against a top six club though
Agree. This is where Ben gets found out. Top players are just a bit too cute for him. This was particularly evident when we played CL. He’s also prone to a brutal pen. Not brilliant going forward

but as many point out. Stick him in where he has to roll his sleeves up against the less refined opponents and he’ll do a job for the team

he was always the right choice for last night

horses for courses

Disgraceful abuse received last night, don't know why some people can't watch a game without having to pick on a certain individual. We have got a balanced side for the first time in ages, and not every player needs to be a Messi to be effective.
It wasn't the most entertaining game, granted, but we won and kept a clean sheet against a team which we have come unstuck against, in the recent past - what's not to like!

Ben did his job solidly. Tough and physical opponent. The fact that we kept a clean sheet shows that our boys did their jobs. If we didn’t play well, Jose usually say we didn’t play well but he didn’t say that post match yesterday.

Some of our fans need to understand that to win stuff, we are going to be playing certain players, a certain way, set up differently, and that is how Jose is. You won’t see him send out the same players and play to a certain attacking style game after game. It’s results that he cares about. Just enjoy the journey and come along for the ride.

The excuses for players and the team as a whole because we won 1-0 are so weak.

The reason the game was tough yesterday was due in large part to how we set up and played. Burnley are a crap team at the bottom of the table. Their lack of quality was the biggest reason that we kept a clean sheet.

There was zero need to play such a negative style or make things so difficult by not playing our best players.

I mean somehow Newcastle survived playing Jamal Lewis who is all of 120 lbs soaking wet at LB but we feel Reguilon would have issues? Southampton managed to bully Burnley with the massive FB pairing of KWP and Bertrand, but for us we need to shelter Reguilon and make sure we have Ben Davies in there.

Its great that we got the result, and thank god Kane was there to save us again, but there is zero reason we should be relying on Kane to save us against Burnley or need to adjust our line-up to set up negatively when playing a team like Burnley, If they played the same style and had City like results, maybe you make changes but being scared about a team that has 3 goals in 5 games is ridiculous. Trying to pass off individual performances as good because we held a team that can't score for the life of them to zero goals is ridiculous as well.

The excuses for players and the team as a whole because we won 1-0 are so weak.

The reason the game was tough yesterday was due in large part to how we set up and played. Burnley are a crap team at the bottom of the table. Their lack of quality was the biggest reason that we kept a clean sheet.

There was zero need to play such a negative style or make things so difficult by not playing our best players.

I mean somehow Newcastle survived playing Jamal Lewis who is all of 120 lbs soaking wet at LB but we feel Reguilon would have issues? Southampton managed to bully Burnley with the massive FB pairing of KWP and Bertrand, but for us we need to shelter Reguilon and make sure we have Ben Davies in there.

Its great that we got the result, and thank god Kane was there to save us again, but there is zero reason we should be relying on Kane to save us against Burnley or need to adjust our line-up to set up negatively when playing a team like Burnley, If they played the same style and had City like results, maybe you make changes but being scared about a team that has 3 goals in 5 games is ridiculous. Trying to pass off individual performances as good because we held a team that can't score for the life of them to zero goals is ridiculous as well.
Our forwards created nothing bar the goal which came from a set piece.
But only our defending players, who did their jobs and kept a clean sheet, get the shit.

That is what annoys me.

Our forwards created nothing bar the goal which came from a set piece.
But only our defending players, who did their jobs and kept a clean sheet, get the shit.

That is what annoys me.

I think a lot of the problem with our attack was more to do with the line-up rather than the individual players.

We had nothing going through the midfield other than Ndombele and Moura is so useless that it made it tough to get the ball from the back 4 up to Son and Kane. Without Reguilon there to make runs and passes, it made the problem that much worse.

The make up of the team was all wrong and limited what we were able to do. Jose set up expecting a bland game and the line-up he put out there helped ensure that would happen.

I think a lot of the problem with our attack was more to do with the line-up rather than the individual players.

We had nothing going through the midfield other than Ndombele and Moura is so useless that it made it tough to get the ball from the back 4 up to Son and Kane. Without Reguilon there to make runs and passes, it made the problem that much worse.

The make up of the team was all wrong and limited what we were able to do. Jose set up expecting a bland game and the line-up he put out there helped ensure that would happen.
Actually, you could well be right there.
However, our defence did its job, i. e kept a clean sheet and still people are blaming Davies for our woeful attacking play.
He's a defender that did his job well.

Back
Top Bottom