Antwerp v Spurs (Thursday 29th October @ 17.55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In the world in which all 3 were giving zero effort. When the team looked flat as can be and just gave up a gift of a goal because of a total lack of effort.

I would say the lack of effort was easily as damaging as anything Dier did when he got pulled.

There was plenty he could have done with the subs. Alli off, Winks off, Lamela and Son on.

Son-Vinicius
Lamela-Lo Celso-Bale-Bergwijn
Same back 4
Lloris
They didn't threaten us at all other than our mistakes so go with an attacking line-up. Out Bale up front and go with a 4-3-3 if you prefer. The team was so flat and Bale and Alli especially were showing so little effort.

When we are down a goal and take off the only creative MF we have that makes little sense. I will reserve judgement because there must be an injury issue to have taken him off.

Vinicius off makes zero sense. We could easily have left him and played two up top. Putitng Moura there instead of him just reduced our chances to score and added another player that can't pass to the mix. We had plenty of them already.

I think it would have been fine to get Alli and Bergjwin off and bring PEH and Son on.

That way you get some control in the middle with PEH and you push Gio forward. Son on for that extra quality and Bergjwin's terrible performance.

Lloris
Aurier Sanchez Davies Reg
Winks PEH
Lo Celso
Bale Vini Son

We were flat on a Thursday night after a Monday match with 2 completely different squads per half. I don't think this game will cost us the group. It absolutely sucks, but I'm not going to write off this squad based on a result away to a fired up and half-decent side.

Disgrace.

Winner mentality? You can't have that with the likes of Aurier, Winks, Sanchez, Davies etc.. I'm sorry keeping it real.

Lamela fucked up every fucking ball. Got on my nerves.

But all in all, I din't believe in anything with this team. Losing this game just proves how fragile we are.

Thing is even with the changes we looked poor. There was an element about this game where no one really could get themselves up for this or risk injury. José showed he wants this cup by his changes. Maybe it's best he saw what he did tonight. Whilst I wouldn't have cared it we won necessarily (because I expected it) losing had really fucked me off. It was poor all round from every player not just the ones you mentioned

He’s a good to average player. That’s it. Anything else isn’t evidenced.
Absolutely no doubt in my mind that if they could sell him they would. Complete mismatch and a disgusting waste of a squad place. Ability in spades, but clear to me that he’s no more than a significantly more expensive N’jie or that other bloke we got from France. Just a punt signing. Can anyone honestly say he is any better than a Adel Tarrabat? He just cost more (allegedly)
Please tell me more oh wise one.

Everyone shitting on Lo Celso are the same as the morons that shit on Ndombele.

Maybe but the good matches lasted how long? Since half time against West Ham it just seems like last January/February again. It may be a blip, lets hope so.
Can’t really judge for Burnley , tonight was a chance for the fringe players to stake a claim however I thought Jose got it wrong with the 4 Subs on half time and I’m still baffled why we took GLC off ? Still it’s only the group games we carry on next Thursday but I doubt the likes of Dele will start after tonight

At this time it seems clear we should change our tactics, the 4-2-3-1 absolutely doesn't suits our players and we should avoid as much as possible to use Lucas, Lamela, Bergwijn, and Dele.

For it is clear that for the PL we should be going with either a 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-3, for me it is basically the same thing with GLC and Ndombele having the freedom to move up or back as needed and PEH staying back to cover for them doing so. List it how you like but it should be:

Bale-Kane-Son
GLC-PEH-Ndomble

or

Bale-kane-Son
GLC-Ndombele
PEH

For Europa, it seems crazy to say, but I think we need Lamela in there somewhere to provide the energy to the squad. I don't love what he does on the ball but he never lacks energy, he never would have allowed the play to be so lethargic out there. At least when GLC and Vinicius were trying to create he would have been there to help them. He may have flubbed it but at least he would be there unlike Bale and Alli who just stood around.

Back
Top Bottom