Antwerp v Spurs (Thursday 29th October @ 17.55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Goodmorning everyone,

What a match it was last night for us, the players gave it all they had, our coach had b@lls putting up 1v1 marking defence, because we arent nearly as half skilled as the Spurs players. They really worked as a team, fighting for eachother and the coach, thats what we as fans want. Im not gonna come And gloat here because we took our 10 to 1 shot and won. Its just the beauty of football, everyone can beat anyone. Im pretty sure u guys will win the return, just a small hick up for the Spurs, not a big deal for you. For us it was like I said before one of THE games of the season, and our players acted like it. Still feels like somewhat like a hollow victory because if it wasnt for covid I woulda been in the stadium and probably still be in the café right now and not prepping for work. So as a fan its a weird feeling, we couldnt celebrate our cup win and now we cant celebrate our most famous win in recent history. It blows.

And also i seen comments here about Haroun (the 35yr old lol) in the beginning of the season he was tested as one of the top3 players of the league with the best endurance and he still is pretty fast to, hes bad at the last pass and finishing but he sprints from goal line to goal line like Husain Bolt lol and back. And our nr 4 Seck, believe it our not we bought him from a Saudi or Qatar team for 25.000€, and hes been a monster in defence, he had matches hes a one man army, not the finest of players but a No nonsense type a player.

Thank you all for the kind words for my team and the friendly hello I got here.

No man overboard for u guys, u will still easily qualify for the knock out stages and I hope u kill in the Prem! Dont let man shitty win the league pls. Have a great friday all! Belgian beers for all the lads and chocolates for your ladies!

Think Toby will want to play in this one in his home town in front of fans, I don't think Jose will play him though as he is clearly our best CH and will want him for Sunday
There are no fans allowed at football matches in Belgium. To bad because we all looked forward to this match.

Toby Alderweireld is a well known face in Antwerp, he even has a tattoo of our cathedral on his arm. He’s really a Antwerp city minded guy, its his home. To bad he started his career with our rival and not Royal Antwerp, before going to Ajax. I would say he will ask to start if I can take a guess.

About the match itself, you guys are huge favourites, for us its just insane to comprehend whats going on now, top of the league, belgian cup winner and playing in europe again after being away for 25 years! 4 seasons ago we where still in the second division. Now we are back where we belong, on our way to become the top of belgian football. I hope we will make it a fair match and we dont get slaughterd. But I think our coach Leko will avoid that. We are NOT a team that builds walls, normally we play attacking, passing style of football. We do have a few players that score easy and work well together. But we havent been tested by an european top club like the Spurs.

I just hope we can leave the field after the match with our heads held high.
Cant wait till thursday!

Greetings from a proud Royal Antwerp Football Club supporter.

Matchday, cant wait for it to be evening!
It’s clear for me that our players (RAFC) want to play very well in this match, its one of our “games of the season”. At home vs. The Spurs, who coulda thought 2 years back?! Im so gutted there is no crowd allowed. (F*ck Covid) because our crowd is really our 12th player on the field. Wouldnt be the first time we shout them to victory.
Im kinda hoping that Mourinho and youre players underestimate us a bit, which I doubt because Mourinho is one of the best ever and youre players are world class. And the way around, that our lesser experienced players arent starstruck. I hope we see nice football tonight! We been playing attacking and passing style of football the whole season so far so cant imagine that we would play defensive this game. Aslong as we arent a walk-over and play with everything we got and all our heart I will be pleased with my team. Im thinking logical a 1-3 victory for you guys, but Im hoping for a shock win, otherwise whats the point in playing? If not for the win. Sorry im rambling on, Im just very excited! Have a good day all and see you all tonight sort a speak!

5.55pm kick off? What kind of ridiculous time is that?
Better than 7:15 on Sunday antique roadshow is on......
89-FE256-E-2-C69-4-A62-9-E09-CA097-F9227-F1.gif

First off, well played Antwerp, totally deserved, they should have won by more!! But if you want to see some great defending then rewatch this game, they pressed us virtually the whole match & at the back they were tight and blocked and timed their tackles so well.

Second, we were shite.

Bale played like this, a woeful performance from him........

Last edited:

I know I'm going to come across as a right old fuddy-duddy, but I would ban all headphone/phones when the team are together. Joe Hart is walking along with a flipping tablet, for crying out loud, not looking where he's going - the type of person you want to trip up walking along the street or hoping they bump into a lamp post.

(maybe I should have posted this in the 'things that annoy you' thread!)

Not seen much of you recently, Stanley.... You doing ok, fella? :mourthumb:
Thanks for asking, I'm doing really good!

Business school is heavy but everything I dreamed it would be.
It has taken pretty much all of my time, but don't think for a second that it can make me miss a game though

Spurs. School. The rest
In that order
:balescream:

Back
Top Bottom