Antwerp v Spurs (Thursday 29th October @ 17.55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here's the team I'd like to see :

I'd like to see rotation from yesterday because our squad is that good (well unless Mourinho intends to play something different on Sunday)
Hart
Aurier Sanchez Dier Davies
Winks Lo Celso
Bale Lamela Bergwijn
Vinicius

Bench : Kane , Son , Moura , Dele , Sissoko , Ndombele , Clarke , Toby , Reguilon , Doherty , Lloris

He might go a bit less attacking in the midfield , given this is an away game.

Think Toby will want to play in this one in his home town in front of fans, I don't think Jose will play him though as he is clearly our best CH and will want him for Sunday

What is brilliant about this game is that we could change 10 and still put out a strong team.

Only task is to form them into a team before Thursday.

Hart
Aurier Sanchez Davies Regulon
Bergy GLC Winks Clarke
Lamela Vinnie

Think Toby will want to play in this one in his home town in front of fans, I don't think Jose will play him though as he is clearly our best CH and will want him for Sunday
There are no fans allowed at football matches in Belgium. To bad because we all looked forward to this match.

Toby Alderweireld is a well known face in Antwerp, he even has a tattoo of our cathedral on his arm. He’s really a Antwerp city minded guy, its his home. To bad he started his career with our rival and not Royal Antwerp, before going to Ajax. I would say he will ask to start if I can take a guess.

About the match itself, you guys are huge favourites, for us its just insane to comprehend whats going on now, top of the league, belgian cup winner and playing in europe again after being away for 25 years! 4 seasons ago we where still in the second division. Now we are back where we belong, on our way to become the top of belgian football. I hope we will make it a fair match and we dont get slaughterd. But I think our coach Leko will avoid that. We are NOT a team that builds walls, normally we play attacking, passing style of football. We do have a few players that score easy and work well together. But we havent been tested by an european top club like the Spurs.

I just hope we can leave the field after the match with our heads held high.
Cant wait till thursday!

Greetings from a proud Royal Antwerp Football Club supporter.

Some insight into Antwerp:

- They are the oldest club in Belgium
- "The great old" has seen somewhat of a resurrection, they went from a second division team to a top six team in the span of a couple of years
- They have a rich chairman (nicknamed Plastic Paul due to the botched surgeries), he is a construction/real estate tycoon
- They have a certain type of scouting: they are a collection of players who excelled in the league, went to play abroad, and now are back and somewhat past their prime
- They are kind of in the best form since coming back to the first division, they are currently on top of the table
- However: they have a small squad (low amount of quality players, certain amount of injuries), so they might not be that fit
- Player comparison: Refaelov is their Eriksen, Mbokani is their Suarez, Lamkel Zé is their Balotelli (antics wise)
- They play attacking football, which leaves them exposed on the counter
- They can rise above themselves if they have momentum on their side, so we should really try to dictate play
- Looks like it will be the first game with a crowd for Tottenham

edit: Koji is their pacy winger with a decent dribble who likes to get the ball even if he's surrounded by 4 players and is good at link up play in the final third, plays RW

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom