Antwerp v Spurs (Thursday 29th October @ 17.55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hart isn't that young mate.

Well he’s younger than me the dandruff laden whippersnapper.

Would be confusing to have two Joe’s on the pitch at the same time though. Wonder if José will rest Joe R to avoid the confusion???

“Pass it to Joe”. “Joe’s ball!!!”. Consequences don’t bear thinking about it do they.

So I reckon Joe R won’t be in the squad. Jose will be thinking of all these things I’m sure!

You heard it here first. Joe R won’t be in the squad on Thursday. Thank me later.

I think we should rest Rondon for this game. Poor guy looked knackered in training.

giphy.gif

Well he’s younger than me the dandruff laden whippersnapper.

Would be confusing to have two Joe’s on the pitch at the same time though. Wonder if José will rest Joe R to avoid the confusion???

“Pass it to Joe”. “Joe’s ball!!!”. Consequences don’t bear thinking about it do they.

So I reckon Joe R won’t be in the squad. Jose will be thinking of all these things I’m sure!

You heard it here first. Joe R won’t be in the squad on Thursday. Thank me later.
Joao can't be in the lineup either, he's registered only as coaching staff. But it's been a while since we last saw a player-coach in this league.

Squad is so deep we can literally almost change every player, give minutes to squad players and come with a strong enough team to beat Royal Antwerp.
The only area we are a bit restricted is CB as Tanganga is injured and Rodon isn't registered.

Squad is so deep we can literally almost change every player, give minutes to squad players and come with a strong enough team to beat Royal Antwerp.
The only area we are a bit restricted is CB as Tanganga is injured and Rodon isn't registered.

FYI Tanganga was seen in a training video a few days ago so definitely on the road to recovery - just don't know if he will be fit enough for this match though.

Some insight into Antwerp:

- They are the oldest club in Belgium
- "The great old" has seen somewhat of a resurrection, they went from a second division team to a top six team in the span of a couple of years
- They have a rich chairman (nicknamed Plastic Paul due to the botched surgeries), he is a construction/real estate tycoon
- They have a certain type of scouting: they are a collection of players who excelled in the league, went to play abroad, and now are back and somewhat past their prime
- They are kind of in the best form since coming back to the first division, they are currently on top of the table
- However: they have a small squad (low amount of quality players, certain amount of injuries), so they might not be that fit
- Player comparison: Refaelov is their Eriksen, Mbokani is their Suarez, Lamkel Zé is their Balotelli (antics wise)
- They play attacking football, which leaves them exposed on the counter
- They can rise above themselves if they have momentum on their side, so we should really try to dictate play
- Looks like it will be the first game with a crowd for Tottenham

edit: Koji is their pacy winger with a decent dribble who likes to get the ball even if he's surrounded by 4 players and is good at link up play in the final third, plays RW

Not seen much of you recently, Stanley.... You doing ok, fella? :mourthumb:

Not seen much of you recently, Stanley.... You doing ok, fella? :mourthumb:
Thanks for asking, I'm doing really good!

Business school is heavy but everything I dreamed it would be.
It has taken pretty much all of my time, but don't think for a second that it can make me miss a game though

Spurs. School. The rest
In that order
:balescream:

Thanks for asking, I'm doing really good!

Business school is heavy but everything I dreamed it would be.
It has taken pretty much all of my time, but don't think for a second that it can make me miss a game though

Spurs. School. The rest
In that order
:balescream:

Sounds good... Glad it's panning out well for ya!!!

Enjoy the game on Thursday, yiddo! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom