Tottenham Vs Brighton, Sunday 1st Nov - 7:15pm (Live on PPV).

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I´m glad we can talk about it after winning the game.

No excuses at all. He should have seen it was a foul in live action - he was in front of it -, never mind VAR. My feeling is that Hojbjerg could have gone directly to a hospital and he still wouldn´t give it.

Referees need to answer for their mistakes and I hope Jose talks about it (again) in his press conference.
Thanks, Jose:

"There are decisions I think they should explain and not leave us in front of you explaining things we don't find any explanations to. I see Scott as a good referee. He went to the screen. He saw what we saw on the bench."

Ten-Amazing-Garden-Sheds-Made-From-Recycled-Things-10.jpg

I shudder to think what else your search turned up...

Can someone explain to me the logic of why the VAR official gets to overturn Moss’ (incorrect) decision on the Kane no-penalty without asking Moss’ opinion but doesn’t get to do the same for Moss’ (incorrect) decision on the foul on Hojbjerg?

edit: oh jeez was it Graham not Moss? Sorry if I impugned the wrong guy.

Last edited:
Win our next game and we are top in our own right!!!!!!

For at least 2 hours......

But if Liverpool and Man City draw then we'll be top going into the international break!!!!

:freundgoal:

No Dele, no Berj, no Winks, no Sanchez = WIN...Do you guys see the common denominator? Could have been better and we should step through the gears more. But yeah, typical Mourinho's game...saw lots of this under Chelsea.

With respect, that's SO disrespectful!

Man City got a narrow 1-0 win against 'only' Sheff Utd' ... numerous teams have won narrowly (and let's not forget, lost heavily) to "...it's only" teams....
I'm sure Liverpool thought it was 'only Villa'... maybe Utd even dared think it was 'only Spurs'... Man City certainly thought it was 'only Leicester'... there have been so many crazy results this season... I don't think anyone can have the audacity or cockiness to assume it's "only" anyone they're facing...

We ground out a hard fought win against another PL team... Brighton are in the PL through merit... they didn't cheat or bribe their way there... they're not the best PL team, but they're certainly not the worst... and are no mugs... we won ugly, and as I said before, any other club does that, it's a sign of winners...
WE do it, and it's undeserved!

I'm as happy (OK, not as happy!) as I was after we won at OT... but only 'cos I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing...
Tonight proved we CAN grind out a result... and a win at home is LONG overdue this season, eh?
... be fair! Every other fucker with aspirations to win the League has done it! Our away form has carried us to 2nd... let's add some decent home form to the mix, and we're flying!
Spot on.
:adesalute:

This is something I don't understand. What determines whether VAR makes the ruling directly and when the referee has to be called over to the monitors?
The VAR makes the ruling on offsides, and when something is pretty obvious. On the other hand, the VAR calls the referee on OFR (on field review) when they consider that there was an obvious missplay from the referee. Then its up to the referee to review the decision and make a call. Brittish referees are horrible. They have really low understanding of the rules of the game and they are poor when they should have personal judgement.
Clattenberg was good enough, Attkinson average, and from the younger generation, Oliver is quite good.

Abject performances (Burnley and Brighton): six points.

Superb for 170 minutes (Newcastle and West Ham): two points.

Bloody football innit.

Worst performance of the season for me today, but you take three points anyway you can get them in this clusterfuck of a season.
Points is where it's at come the end of the season.

We know Ali Gold is always overly generous with his player ratings, so here's the real deal for the crap we've just watched.

Hugo - 5
Didn't have much to do despite all the Brighton possession, but nearly gifted Welbeck the equalizer when he dropped Gross' cross at the end.

Doherty - 2
Poor defensively, inexistant offensively. Lucky the ref didn't blow for a pen in the first half when he stupidly pulled Trossard. Makes you want Serge back, that says it all.

Toby - 6
Gets an extra point for that great diagonal to Reg on Bale's goal. Not really troubled defensively but must be far more vocal when the team is struggling.

Dier - 6
Couple passes went awol but other than that he did well. Same as with Toby, though - must hear him more when the rest of the team isnt working hard enough.

*CBs helped by Brighton not playing with a real CF for 75+ mins

Reguilon - 5
Extra point for that dribble & right-footed cross for Bale's winner. Didn't produce much quality otherwise and too troubled defensively by Lallana but mainly Lampey.

Hojberg - 7
Very unlucky that the ref was a moronic cheating cunt. Solid first half, but faded in the second. Still one of the best players out there. Hardest worker for sure.

Sissoko - 6

If only he had a football IQ, at least when it comes to knowing what to do when in possession. But defensively strong. Some timely interceptions, some strong tackles.

Tanguy - 5
Didn't see the ball in the first half but that wasn't his doing. So did what he could and helped the team with his pressing and tackling. Maybe a No 8 more than a No 10?

Son - 2
Not his night. At all. Enough said. At least, unlike Doherty, this isn't a habit for him.

Lamela - 5
Typical Coco. Can produce the great like his shot that hits the post, but can also bring the stupid like that free kick at the end of the first half. Fought hard, as ever.

Kane - 6
Scored a brilliant pen, but really should've scored that tap-in as opposed to hitting the post. Dropped too deep too often, but had no choice. Good defensive headers.

//Subs//

Bale - 6
That winning goal. Period.

No Dele, no Berj, no Winks, no Sanchez = WIN...Do you guys see the common denominator? Could have been better and we should step through the gears more. But yeah, typical Mourinho's game...saw lots of this under Chelsea.
Wouldn't give up on Berg just yet, he showed promise in early days. But the other 3, yeah, doubt they'll improve from here on in.

Back
Top Bottom