Tottenham Vs Brighton, Sunday 1st Nov - 7:15pm (Live on PPV).

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Must be said, Reguillon was awful today. Really, really terrible.

I jolly well hope Madrid were watching and in no way shape or form consider taking him back. Would be a huge mistake on their part.

Think somebody has been at his 'wiki'...
scott.jpg

Spurs boss Jose Mourinho on Sky Sports: "First of all it's three points. When teams with more power and history, one of the top six let's say, has a difficult match against the others it is always analysed as the top team not playing well.

"It is time to give credit to these guys. Not just to Brighton, the majority of the teams. They are getting better, they are very well coached, the difference in quality of players between the teams is not huge. The game is very difficult for us, we beat a good team and it was very difficult.

"They had periods when thery were better than us. The good thing for me is that when they equalised we had the reaction.

"Gareth Bale is very stable, very mature, he knows his body better than anyone, we know where we want to go and he's with us on that journey. He doesn't have 90 minutes of Premier League in his legs, the Europa League is helpimg him to get there. Today he came and scored, he is more dynamic than he was against West Ham, more agile.

"I prefer to stay away [from VAR]. Probably the referee should go to the press conference and explain. He had time to go to the screen so only he can explain why it is a goal. He is a good ref and a good guy, only he can explain that decision. My view doesn't matter.

"In 2004 when I came to England there were certain matches that the top teams knew was three points - not any more. Now this is the best league in the world, not just because of the top six, for every team. The Premier League, every one is close. If we drop two points we can be seventh, eighth ninth. The Premier League is beautiful."

EDIT: More

Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho speaking to BBC MOTD: "I was not surprised because I knew they were a very good team, with a good coach capable of doing what they did. Graham Potter is a very good coach.

"They have lots of good players and they caused us some difficulties. I believe it is more fair to say the teams with less history and stature if you want to say, they are getting better and better.

"It was a great reaction after they equalised, we hit the post twice, score and after that it was a question of managing the game well, like we didn’t against West Ham."

On Brighton’s goal: “I have to try and stay away from this. I don’t know what to say at the moment. My opinion is that I miss my old football, but with goal-line technology because it is obvious that it helps the game."

On Gareth Bale and an inspired substitution: "The players are the ones not me. I know for a couple of weeks that I am telling you that Gary [Bale] is improving.

"I know he doesn't have 90 minutes in his legs and the good thing with him is he is very intelligent, experienced and he understands and we have dialogue to choose what is best for the team.

"In the Premier League today he came and scored a winning goal which is great feeling for the team, him and the fans. We keep fighting and we are in a good position in the table."

But it’s Brighton! We can’t be grinding out results against Brighton at home. We play like we are the underdog. What happens when we play city chavs scum and dippers? This style of play is not sustainable. Brighton still passed the around better than us. All we had was long balls out.
With respect, that's SO disrespectful!

Man City got a narrow 1-0 win against 'only' Sheff Utd' ... numerous teams have won narrowly (and let's not forget, lost heavily) to "...it's only" teams....
I'm sure Liverpool thought it was 'only Villa'... maybe Utd even dared think it was 'only Spurs'... Man City certainly thought it was 'only Leicester'... there have been so many crazy results this season... I don't think anyone can have the audacity or cockiness to assume it's "only" anyone they're facing...

We ground out a hard fought win against another PL team... Brighton are in the PL through merit... they didn't cheat or bribe their way there... they're not the best PL team, but they're certainly not the worst... and are no mugs... we won ugly, and as I said before, any other club does that, it's a sign of winners...
WE do it, and it's undeserved!

I'm as happy (OK, not as happy!) as I was after we won at OT... but only 'cos I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing...
Tonight proved we CAN grind out a result... and a win at home is LONG overdue this season, eh?
... be fair! Every other fucker with aspirations to win the League has done it! Our away form has carried us to 2nd... let's add some decent home form to the mix, and we're flying!

Abject performances (Burnley and Brighton): six points.

Superb for 170 minutes (Newcastle and West Ham): two points.

Bloody football innit.

Worst performance of the season for me today, but you take three points anyway you can get them in this clusterfuck of a season.

Back
Top Bottom