Tottenham Vs Brighton, Sunday 1st Nov - 7:15pm (Live on PPV).

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll give the lads a bit of credit for bouncing back after another atrocious bit of VAR goes against us at home yet again.
But it should never have come to that, we need to learn how to kill games off rather than hanging on for dear life as our luck will run out at some point if this continues.

agreed although the result is reminiscent of Jose’s Utd when they finished second. Often played badly but kept winning anyway. So maybe we can keep it up?

Another ugly win. Brighton had some good spells in the game, but
COYS. Basically shat myself when Bale scored. Both horrible and glorious. The story of my sordid existence.

Odd game. Think the yellow really knocked Tanguy and he struggled to dominate the midfield afterwards. With Toby and Dier we're always going to sit back, as they're both shipping liners, so it's no surprise that we invited pressure.

To be honest, the only real negative was Doherty's performance. Obviously give him much more time, but he doesn't look like a seasoned RB out there. Erratic and likely to leave acres of space behind him. We already have Aurier filling that role.
Hopefully Doherty is one that will settle and we'll see the best of him soon. He's not had a great start to his Spurs career, I'll agree!

ElxB8AGWkAAcUrZ

I'm gonna tune out of BBC Five Live right now... can't stand Chris Sutton deliberately doing his best anti-Spurs Adrian Durham impression... I don't know what other team can win a game, and get SO much immediate vitriol!

Liverpool fucking robbed their way to a win yesterday, and yet that's the HALLMARK OF CHAMPIONSTM We win a game, albeit fortuitously, and are 2nd, a point ebehind Liverpool, and yet we're somehow imposters who should be in a relegation scrap!

Winning ugly is apparently only a good thing when other teams do it.... when we dare have the temerity to win ugly, we're undeserving, and should be docked points!!

The media fucking HATE it when we win HATE IT... and that makes me LOVE it all the more!!!!

COYS

#WINUGLY

Im sorry but you’ve only got yourself to blame if you’re listening to a programme with Chris sutton and Robbie savage on it. I just tried and it’s an impossible mess of shouting and nonsense.

That was the worst commentary I have ever had to endure that wasn't ManUTV!! They made out that Brighton completely bossed this game and should have won! We were poor (bar the first 20mins and we managed the last 6mins of injury time brilliantly). But Brighton didn't threaten, Lloris was a spectator and their goal was from the most ridicules decision I think I've ever seen (because he watched it repeatedly and still gave it!!). We hit the post twice and had LoCeso go inches wide. We were lucky not to concede a pen from Doherty.

First game this season where Ndombele didn't make an impact.
Lamela & PEH really were the only players that I thought were properly on their toes outside of the first 20mins.
Very well taken goal by Bale, lovely cross by Reggie.

Brighton are a good side and have made teams work hard in almost all of their games apart from last week but what it does show is that our Midfield is still struggling. We are still not a good side to watch if Ndombele, Kand and Son are not clicking.

Anyway, job is done and Up The Spurs!
To your point, Brighton's xG was 0.3

But it’s Brighton! We can’t be grinding out results against Brighton at home. We play like we are the underdog. What happens when we play city chavs scum and dippers? This style of play is not sustainable. Brighton still passed the around better than us. All we had was long balls out.
With respect, that's SO disrespectful!

Man City got a narrow 1-0 win against 'only' Sheff Utd' ... numerous teams have won narrowly (and let's not forget, lost heavily) to "...it's only" teams....
I'm sure Liverpool thought it was 'only Villa'... maybe Utd even dared think it was 'only Spurs'... Man City certainly thought it was 'only Leicester'... there have been so many crazy results this season... I don't think anyone can have the audacity or cockiness to assume it's "only" anyone they're facing...

We ground out a hard fought win against another PL team... Brighton are in the PL through merit... they didn't cheat or bribe their way there... they're not the best PL team, but they're certainly not the worst... and are no mugs... we won ugly, and as I said before, any other club does that, it's a sign of winners...
WE do it, and it's undeserved!

I'm as happy (OK, not as happy!) as I was after we won at OT... but only 'cos I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing...
Tonight proved we CAN grind out a result... and a win at home is LONG overdue this season, eh?
... be fair! Every other fucker with aspirations to win the League has done it! Our away form has carried us to 2nd... let's add some decent home form to the mix, and we're flying!

Sissoko probably MotM
I thought he was very decent, especially in the second half. Better than Tanguy certainly.

I'd give MotM to Hoj with Toby and Reg mentioned in despatches.

Someone who impressed me a lot was Bale in his relatively short time on the pitch. Winning goal, obviously, but I liked his work rate, got involved in defence a few times only to get up the pitch sharpish as the attack developed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom