Tottenham Vs Brighton, Sunday 1st Nov - 7:15pm (Live on PPV).

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Since the West Ham game we haven’t been playing such free flowing attacking football, but in the PL we have 2 wins which is all that matters at the moment

True. Watching spurs has always been stressful and rarely enjoyable but we are winning and second (Should be first had we not cocked up the West Ham game). I still don’t know what we are meant to be doing in games though. We sit too deep, don’t press at all effectively and can’t string more than two passes together.

Grinding out result against anyone isn't bad thing , we are second in the league and could easily very well be top if some other teams didn't grind out against us
True. With Potch we lead the charge but ran out of steam. I look at the Uefa Champions League final, and can't help but think, 'With Mo we might have stood a chance.'

Get that ref down to the conference. Was an awful display from him, got decisions utterly wrong for both teams
I´m glad we can talk about it after winning the game.

No excuses at all. He should have seen it was a foul in live action - he was in front of it -, never mind VAR. My feeling is that Hojbjerg could have gone directly to a hospital and he still wouldn´t give it.

Referees need to answer for their mistakes and I hope Jose talks about it (again) in his press conference.

But it’s Brighton! We can’t be grinding out results against Brighton at home. We play like we are the underdog. What happens when we play city chavs scum and dippers? This style of play is not sustainable. Brighton still passed the around better than us. All we had was long balls out.

I'm gonna tune out of BBC Five Live right now... can't stand Chris Sutton deliberately doing his best anti-Spurs Adrian Durham impression... I don't know what other team can win a game, and get SO much immediate vitriol!

Liverpool fucking robbed their way to a win yesterday, and yet that's the HALLMARK OF CHAMPIONSTM We win a game, albeit fortuitously, and are 2nd, a point ebehind Liverpool, and yet we're somehow imposters who should be in a relegation scrap!

Winning ugly is apparently only a good thing when other teams do it.... when we dare have the temerity to win ugly, we're undeserving, and should be docked points!!

The media fucking HATE it when we win HATE IT... and that makes me LOVE it all the more!!!!

COYS

#WINUGLY

Really ugly win but we showed some class when we needed to. I did like how we closed it out and the forwards pressed well to keep Brighton far away from our goal. Brighton are a tricky side so I guess it’s a good three points. Just not very enjoyable from a pure entertainment perspective.

Up The Spurs.

I usually give the officials the benefit of the doubt but:

Ref = Specsavers

An absolute disgrace. His next 5 games should be Championship or League 1.

Makes West Ham and Newcastle ever harder to take!
It's not Specsavers mate. It's blatant corruption or pride. Didn't want to over-rule himself, so looked forensically at replay after replay to justify his initial decision. Absolute disgrace.

VAR a fucking disgrace too. Should never have had to go to the monitor. Whatever cunt ref was the VAR should have just said you have made a blatant ('clear and obvious'? what a fucking joke) error and disallow the goal.

Unbelievable levels of incompetence or corruption.

Just so happy it didn't cost us. COYS.

Dier got away with it today. I hate to throw any kind of wet blanket on 3 points but he was poor and we are fortunate he did not give away a goal against us.

I don’t think so. I felt a lot more comfortable and that they wouldn’t score with him and Toby there. Had Sanchez been playing I wouldn’t of been so confident.

But it’s Brighton! We can’t be grinding out results against Brighton at home. We play like we are the underdog. What happens when we play city chavs scum and dippers? This style of play is not sustainable. Brighton still passed the around better than us. All we had was long balls out.
Yes, we can.

Hilarious
martial arts the kid with a tattoo GIF by Shaw Brothers

Back
Top Bottom