Tottenham Vs Brighton, Sunday 1st Nov - 7:15pm (Live on PPV).

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking ref had a chance to correct his mistake, redeem himself, but the stubborn, motherfucking cheating lowlife looked for any possible way to uphold his original decision. Sack the bastard.

Will give credit to the lads for sticking at it, hitting the post twice and getting the winner.

Fuck me I've got a headache. Need to perform much better than that but well happy with the win. Looking forward to MotD. COYS!!

I thought he was very decent, especially in the second half. Better than Tanguy certainly.

I'd give MotM to Hoj with Toby and Reg mentioned in despatches.

Someone who impressed me a lot was Bale in his relatively short time on the pitch. Winning goal, obviously, but I liked he work rate, got involved in defence a few times only to get up the pitsh sharpish as the attack developed

Yep - he looked a lot, lot quicker today.

agreed although the result is reminiscent of Jose’s Utd when they finished second. Often played badly but kept winning anyway. So maybe we can keep it up?

I knew our football will become terrible after the West Ham game. If you check one of my posts then, I predicted it. Jose's teams have often been like that. Once their defence start conceding ridiculous goals while their attacks click, he changes their playing pattern to be more conservative/ less adventurous to stop their opponents. They grind wins but at the detriment of attractive football.

That ref decision for their goal was a fucking joke though, should have been a comfortable game otherwise.

This..... A lot of endevour from Brighton but they created fuck all and Hugo had not one save to make.

Last edited:
That was the worst commentary I have ever had to endure that wasn't ManUTV!! They made out that Brighton completely bossed this game and should have won! We were poor (bar the first 20mins and we managed the last 6mins of injury time brilliantly). But Brighton didn't threaten, Lloris was a spectator and their goal was from the most ridicules decision I think I've ever seen (because he watched it repeatedly and still gave it!!). We hit the post twice and had LoCeso go inches wide. We were lucky not to concede a pen from Doherty.

First game this season where Ndombele didn't make an impact.
Lamela & PEH really were the only players that I thought were properly on their toes outside of the first 20mins.
Very well taken goal by Bale, lovely cross by Reggie.

Brighton are a good side and have made teams work hard in almost all of their games apart from last week but what it does show is that our Midfield is still struggling. We are still not a good side to watch if Ndombele, Kand and Son are not clicking.

Anyway, job is done and Up The Spurs!
To your point, Brighton only managed 6 shots. Honestly, the defense played well, the issue is we have to stop acting like we can hold a one goal lead. Limit their shots, score more goals than them, keep trying to push forward.

Mourinho has a clean sheet fetish when all he needs to worry about is just scoring more goals than they do. 3-1 works just as well as 1-0, and this squad seems much better equipped for the former than the latter.

I'll give the lads a bit of credit for bouncing back after another atrocious bit of VAR goes against us at home yet again.
But it should never have come to that, we need to learn how to kill games off rather than hanging on for dear life as our luck will run out at some point if this continues.

I don't blame VAR for this one. Quite correctly, they flagged it up, but unfortunately they then handed the decision over to

A ****ing BLIND ****OF A **** ****.

Last edited:
ElxB8AGWkAAcUrZ
Laptop wallpaper right there ...( Not that I have used it .)....just saying ....

Back
Top Bottom