Tottenham Vs Brighton, Sunday 1st Nov - 7:15pm (Live on PPV).

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No Dele, no Berj, no Winks, no Sanchez = WIN...Do you guys see the common denominator? Could have been better and we should step through the gears more. But yeah, typical Mourinho's game...saw lots of this under Chelsea.

I can play that game too....

Sissoko, Dier, Davies, Lamela = WIN. :)

ElxTSwEWoAAzii7

If Dermot Gallagher in any way defends that referee's decision on Sky Sports tomorrow he wants fucking hanging. I sincerely hope he has the guts to call it what it is, a clear case of being in denial of the fact you could have made a mistake. Utter disgrace and notably the first time a decision has not been overturned after a pitchside monitor review I believe.

Why ? A bit of coaching along his philosophy wouldn’t hurt

he’s coached a side probably less the value of Harry’s left peg to play the kind of football that is the credo of THFC

watching our centre backs hoof it and watching it slide of Sons head or Harry desperately trying to hustle a free kick was dog awful

we’ve actually got some great ballers in our squad and this is what we’re serving up.
There’s plenty of reasons I agree why this potter shouldn’t manage spurs ..... but his style of play isn’t one

we won. I’m happy. But scraping through at WHL against Brighton with a team full of Kane Bale Son Ndombele LoCelso PEH did fuck all for me
Yeah maybe who knows, but we had the exciting football under poch and we didn’t win anything so I’m willing to give Jose a chance as he has proven time and time again he can win , I also think the reason we haven’t been as exciting is because of the West Ham game and conceding them 3 goals as before that we were playing some lovely football , hopefully once we are sorted defensively we will see some more exciting football but regardless of the performance today we got 3 points and it should have been a clean sheet

edit - also do you think potter would have the same clout as Jose, with Jose the players trust him as he has won everything there is and I think they would run through walls for him as so far he wins everywhere he goes , this talk of potter reminds me of Eddie Howell and how everyone thought he was the right guy for us.

Last edited:
Scraping through is what most teams are doing, it's not easy to win at home in an empty stadium. I don't see Liverpool fans complaining about scraping through against West Ham.

Tonight we focused on being compact and solid in defence and it worked, Brighton had one goal from their one chance that should have been ruled out for a foul. We hit the post twice and scored twice. Son and Ndombele were poor and we weren't able to get our counter-attack going but defensively we were solid even though Brighton saw a lot of the ball. I don't think Hugo had anything to do except catch one high ball and pick one out of the net. The players worked hard which is what we needed to do after Antwerp.

Until we find the right balance we are going to have to roll our sleeves up and win games like this, the last time we played fancy football we gave up a 3 goal lead to West Ham. The two games since we played more conservatively and took 6 points. We are still looking for the right blend in personnel and the right balance of attack/defence.

Scraping through is what most teams are doing, it's not easy to win at home in an empty stadium. I don't see Liverpool fans complaining about scraping through against West Ham.

Tonight we focused on being compact and solid in defence and it worked, Brighton had one goal from their one chance that should have been ruled out for a foul. We hit the post twice and scored twice. Son and Ndombele were poor and we weren't able to get our counter-attack going but defensively we were solid. I don't think Hugo had anything to do except catch one high ball and pick one out of the net. The players worked hard which is what we needed to do after Antwerp.
I’m happy to scrape though every game if it wins us the league

You'd have thought that particular call would have fallen under the "clear and obvious" rule. i.e. VAR is at liberty to override the ref if the ref has missed/made a Clear & Obv. error.....

That shit was obvious.

"Go to the monitor" was a tweak added this summer to appease all the criticism from last season regarding inconsistency..... How it addresses that in the slightest I am entirely at a loss.

Whether we are just witnessing incompetence or genuine corruption I'd still lean towards the former, but it's SO open to abuse regardless.
It's basically the good old boys network.

VAR knew it was a foul so faced with the dilemma of overturning one of their own and maybe causing him some embarrassment, they gave him the opportunity to save face and right a wrong by admitting his first decision was wrong.

What nobody could have predicted was that the stubborn wanker, when faced with clear evidence that his original decision was wrong, would double down and compound his first mistake with an even bigger howler.

But at the end of the day, no matter how clear it is that its a foul...... He can always stand by the "I thought March got a millimetre of the ball" mantra with absolutely zero comeback.

Jose interview:

Says ‘he misses his old football’ - VAR is shit

Says Bale is nowhere near ready to play 90 mins in the PL but slowly improving

Misses the fans at home to boost the team

A Bale winning goal, dreams do come true.
More VAR/refereeing bullshit.

3 points, that'll do.

No VAR and we don't win that game - the ref gave a free kick not a pen - VAR corrected it to a pen. VAR also tried to overturn the piss poor decision by the ref, but the ref (in a very unusual event when called to review the screen) chose to double down on his shit decision.

A bit nervier than what we wanted. But we usually have a tendency to collapse once any sort of run of form has ended so being able to grab a 2-1 win in the first game back is great. We seem to be a confidence team where the more positive results we have, the better we play. And once that run ends we more or less reboot. Jose still has to find some form of even flow for our performances but we'll get there.

Also. I want Graham Scott sent to a tribunal. Mic up all the referees.

No - but we will understand his reasoning which is what Jose wanted - clarification
We already understand his reasoning - he believes March got a touch on the ball.

His explanation of his reasoning doesn't make him any less wrong and all the reports in the world are utterly useless if there is no comeback or scrutiny of his decision or overall performance.

Yeah maybe who knows, but we had the exciting football under poch and we didn’t win anything so I’m willing to give Jose a chance as he has proven time and time again he can win , I also think the reason we haven’t been as exciting is because of the West Ham game and conceding them 3 goals as before that we were playing some lovely football , hopefully once we are sorted defensively we will see some more exciting football but regardless of the performance today we got 3 points and it should have been a clean sheet
We played shit before they scored the 3. It was this lack of confidence to play football that gave them the hope of a result

I’m just frustrated; when we play with confidence through Ndombele or Gio we look irresistible

equally the moment that stops we look dire

that potter bloke obviously gives his sides the confidence to play in that manner

I like Jose. But I like Jose more than I like his football

No VAR and we don't win that game - the ref gave a free kick not a pen - VAR corrected it to a pen. VAR also tried to overturn the piss poor decision by the ref, but the ref (in a very unusual event when called to review the screen) chose to double down on his shit decision.
I know, hence my extremely eloquent use of the term "VAR/refereeing bullshit", referring to the Brighton goal where the ref ignored the VAR.

Back
Top Bottom