Tottenham Vs Brighton, Sunday 1st Nov - 7:15pm (Live on PPV).

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dinosaur said some of the naysayers.

Yet this evening we sit second in the league having scored 18 goals in 7 games.

ConcernedCaringAdamsstaghornedbeetle-max-1mb.gif

Stoppage time exactly what we need to do to grind it out. Run into corners. Win throw ins. Keep it there. Take a foul or another throw in. Spot on.

Last edited:
People underestimate Brighton. They completely battered Manutd and dominated Chelsea in the first half and were equal in the second.

They are a good side, just with crap goalscorers.

Good news is 2nd. And best goal difference in PL

Bad news is all the teams chasing us just a few points behind - even 11th place is just 3 points behind.

Really need this to be the first of a string of wins to cement our position - which in turn must mean coaching players to win by wider margins against these level teams as well as winning against the sides we will be facing after international break almost until Christmas

Really ugly win but we showed some class when we needed to. I did like how we closed it out and the forwards pressed well to keep Brighton far away from our goal. Brighton are a tricky side so I guess it’s a good three points. Just not very enjoyable from a pure entertainment perspective.

Up The Spurs.
theyve not lost away last ten i think... also last year v us, they'd fancied that again maybe...

That was the worst commentary I have ever had to endure that wasn't ManUTV!! They made out that Brighton completely bossed this game and should have won! We were poor (bar the first 20mins and we managed the last 6mins of injury time brilliantly). But Brighton didn't threaten, Lloris was a spectator and their goal was from the most ridicules decision I think I've ever seen (because he watched it repeatedly and still gave it!!). We hit the post twice and had LoCeso go inches wide. We were lucky not to concede a pen from Doherty.

First game this season where Ndombele didn't make an impact.
Lamela & PEH really were the only players that I thought were properly on their toes outside of the first 20mins.
Very well taken goal by Bale, lovely cross by Reggie.

Brighton are a good side and have made teams work hard in almost all of their games apart from last week but what it does show is that our Midfield is still struggling. We are still not a good side to watch if Ndombele, Kand and Son are not clicking.

Anyway, job is done and Up The Spurs!

I'll give the lads a bit of credit for bouncing back after another atrocious bit of VAR goes against us at home yet again.
But it should never have come to that, we need to learn how to kill games off rather than hanging on for dear life as our luck will run out at some point if this continues.

True. Watching spurs has always been stressful and rarely enjoyable but we are winning and second (Should be first had we not cocked up the West Ham game). I still don’t know what we are meant to be doing in games though. We sit too deep, don’t press at all effectively and can’t string more than two passes together.
Way i see it we should be first if not for silly rule application against Newcastle stealing 2 points from us. Dropping points against West Ham was all on us so i don't care about that as much.

COYS. Basically shat myself when Bale scored. Both horrible and glorious. The story of my sordid existence.

Odd game. Think the yellow really knocked Tanguy and he struggled to dominate the midfield afterwards. With Toby and Dier we're always going to sit back, as they're both shipping liners, so it's no surprise that we invited pressure.

To be honest, the only real negative was Doherty's performance. Obviously give him much more time, but he doesn't look like a seasoned RB out there. Erratic and likely to leave acres of space behind him. We already have Aurier filling that role.

Tbh we are #1 in goals scored and tied for #5 in goals allowed.
That's one of the weirdest stats I've ever seen used to prove a point. Surely the difference between #1 and #20 is about 2 or 3 goals?

Back
Top Bottom