Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was class again today even though I thought he started slower. His movement with the ball is just unbelievable at times, and was just about the only person providing any forward momentum and movement.

I thought he was trying to be a bit too cute at times today and got caught for it. I wonder if this has to do with him realizing he has to create it all or just a poor game.

Either way he has shown enough that I want him to keep trying it but maybe occasionally make the safe play as well. The good thing with him is that even when it is the "safe" pass he makes it fast enough that it still keeps our attack somewhat dangerous.

Deserved an assist today.

Don't think the injury is too serious - he'll be back and ready to destroy Citys midfield for a 4th time.

Provided our only real spark over the first 60 minutes or so. Had a few bad moments where he was too easily blocked down or just physically off balance. Against teams like this we'll be better when he plays beside Hojbjerg with Gio ahead of them.

Last edited:
I like him so much more in the middle of the pitch progressing the ball as opposed to as a 10. He's certainly still good there, but as a box to box he gets so much more space to operate and helps us progress the ball so much.

I swear if it wasnt for the front three dropping deep he wouldnt have no one to pass to his midfield partner moussa barely gave him an option if him a locelso was playing the tempo would have been much quicker.

I like him so much more in the middle of the pitch progressing the ball as opposed to as a 10. He's certainly still good there, but as a box to box he gets so much more space to operate and helps us progress the ball so much.

Which is why we need Lo Celso in there playing the 10 role where he is best.

The fact that he can also drop deep and be fine in that role, and Tanguy can move forward into the "10" role at times should be a great fit.

He played good. Had some great moments which should have led to goals.

Don't like him being used as a #10 or in a mf with a DM + Sissoko. He has to do too much and has no fellow baller in the middle of the park to link with.

He has the best vision and passing ability of all our midfielders and can hurt teams with his passing into dangerous areas. At #10 he's asked to be in those dangerous areas but the ball either doesn't come or takes too long and opposition defense are all settled.

He played good. Had some great moments which should have led to goals.

Don't like him being used as a #10 or in a mf with a DM + Sissoko. He has to do too much and has no fellow baller in the middle of the park to link with.

He has the best vision and passing ability of all our midfielders and can hurt teams with his passing into dangerous areas. At #10 he's asked to be in those dangerous areas but the ball either doesn't come or takes too long and opposition defense are all settled.
I’m assuming Mourinho doesn’t think he defends well enough/is fit enough to try PEH and Tanguy behind Lo Celso.

I’m assuming Mourinho doesn’t think he defends well enough/is fit enough to try PEH and Tanguy behind Lo Celso.

Last week (paraphrasing):

Jose: "Gio & Tanguy CAN play together, but neither's fitness is where it needs to be yet."

Tanguy also said he's less than peak still.

Last edited:
Anything on the injury? Or maybe it wasn’t serious?

He got his toe stamped on, it looked like. Mightily painful, but probably no damage at all.

If anything, the sub was precautionary as a like for like 'creative' replacement.

He didn't get called up to the international team so another 2 weeks to continue getting that fitness up ready for a monster of a fixture run in.

Emaak8qWMAAUvRx

More presses than anyone during the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom