Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seen the England lineup and Southgate clearly doesn't want to play to his best players strengths.

While Kane may get some decent service from Trippier's crosses and Grealish/Mount creativity. It makes more sense for Kane to be holding the ball up and faster players running in behind.

Seen the England lineup and Southgate clearly doesn't want to play to his best players strengths.

While Kane may get some decent service from Trippier's crosses and Grealish/Mount creativity. It makes more sense for Kane to be holding the ball up and faster players running in behind.

If he wasn't such a coward we could have both.

Well yeah . I personally think England's best performances have come when they are in a 4-3-3 shape. I honestly have no idea who the 5 at the back is benefitting?

Means Kyle Walker gets a game out of position and supplements the sketchy-ness of Macguire.

Ditto both FBs are played as WBs instead of what they're used to and the only CB we have that IS used to playing in a 3 (Coady) is left kicking his heels again tonight.

Mess.

Last edited:
Times like this I really wish Kane would fake a twinge for the greater good of Spurs.

A week off for him before City would be sweet - especially as Sterling is at home putting his feet up.
Doubt he'd even consider it, one reason why he's England captain is he will front up even if had a twinge.

That's just in his character.

It's funny and quite refreshing to see players from our rivals in Saka and Rice come out publicly praising Kane.

Must drive Chelsea and Arse fans mad!

You're right. It is a little amusing that rival players give Harry more credit than "professional" pundits.

If Harry breaks Shearer's record then it'll be a big fuss to us but most likely will be glossed over with the twisting of stats. I'm ok with that. Tbh I'd probably be uncomfortable if the MSM starting fawning over us even a fraction of what they do to Kluntt or even Legoman.

Kane will never be rated appropriately while at Spurs. The best players at the very best teams are always considered the best overall. It's infuriating but loyalty has massive opportunity costs attached. It's unfortunate.

I'm more irritated that he didn't at least win the most recent PL POTM. It's only been his first chance in, what, 3 years? I was hoping for a Kane/Son split but clearly that wasn't possible. If Kane isn't winning trophies, isn't being given individual awards by the pundits and isn't being voted for awards by the public (he's somehow only been Spurs POTS once; no wonder he's never won PL POTS..), he's going to be looked upon in the distant future as a good striker with a very good goalscoring record and not much else.

That's life, I guess. At least he'll be remembered better than any of us. Now that's a depressing thought. :p
It's a double edged sword - if Harry leads Spurs to trophies he will be rated higher than all his striking rivals who won stuff as bit part players in a millionaires plaything - Harry will get all the credit even though it's a team sport.

Kane will never be rated appropriately while at Spurs. The best players at the very best teams are always considered the best overall. It's infuriating but loyalty has massive opportunity costs attached. It's unfortunate.
Or you can end up like Eden Hazard. Haven't heard much about him since he's left the PL right?

As much as I'd like to think that Kane would do better and get more recognition at a "bigger club" like RM or Barc etc, I think Spurs offer him the best situation to maximize his abilities and individual stats/accolades. The team is built around him and the players/management/Jose aren't shy about telling the public whos team this is.

5 England games without a goal for H.
Looks like Mr Greaves GPG rate will live on for some time.

ENGLAND
GamesGoalsGPG
1ROONEY120530.442
2CHARLTON106490.462
3LINEKER80480.600
4GREAVES57440.772
5OWEN89400.449
6KANE50320.640

Back
Top Bottom