Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't believe H didn't make this list. His numbers over the last 5 years should have him up there with this company.

Goal 50 2020: The best 50 players in the world | Goal.com
Not by merit, of course. Huge swaths of the media just don't want to talk about Harry Kane. They spent years trying to convince everyone that Kane was nothing special, a flash in the pan, or if he wasn't he'd shortly be playing for either Man U or Madrid. Then, they settled on he's "selfish" and drags down the teams around him.

They're just full of shit, and if (when?) Kane breaks 20 goals and 20 assists this season, they'll surely want to talk about Jamie Vardy breaking 20 goals, instead.

It's funny and quite refreshing to see players from our rivals in Saka and Rice come out publicly praising Kane.

Must drive Chelsea and Arse fans mad!

Can't believe H didn't make this list. His numbers over the last 5 years should have him up there with this company.

Goal 50 2020: The best 50 players in the world | Goal.com

The list is for 2019-20 and based off that season alone.

And whilst he should probably make the list regardless, I can understand why he didn't. We finished 6th in the Premier League, got nowhere in the domestic cups and Kane missed most 15 games through injury (and that was only thanks to COVID)

This shouldn't piss me off but god damn it has got under my skin. Fucking laughable really.
Kane will never be rated appropriately while at Spurs. The best players at the very best teams are always considered the best overall. It's infuriating but loyalty has massive opportunity costs attached. It's unfortunate.

I'm more irritated that he didn't at least win the most recent PL POTM. It's only been his first chance in, what, 3 years? I was hoping for a Kane/Son split but clearly that wasn't possible. If Kane isn't winning trophies, isn't being given individual awards by the pundits and isn't being voted for awards by the public (he's somehow only been Spurs POTS once; no wonder he's never won PL POTS..), he's going to be looked upon in the distant future as a good striker with a very good goalscoring record and not much else.

That's life, I guess. At least he'll be remembered better than any of us. Now that's a depressing thought. :p

Last edited:
he's going to be looked upon in the distant future as a good striker with a very good goalscoring record and not much else.
Depends, if he breaks Shearer's record and his records holds for a while he'd be seen as a Premier League legend, the same way Shearer is seen today

Depends, if he breaks Shearer's record and his records holds for a while he'd be seen as a Premier League legend, the same way Shearer is seen today

Plus we're gonna win the PL and CL in the next couple/few seasons, so, you know, there is that...

If he carries on his form for most of this season he's nailed on for PL POTS.

If we look at seasons past, he could barely hit a barn door through August (or first month of the season), after Pochs boot camps, then invariably had chunks missed when the backed up performance residues induced injuries, if the conditioning team gets it right for him this season and we go deep in EUFA Cup then a Ballon Dor top 3 is also on the cards IMO.

Back
Top Bottom