Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City | Premier League | 21st November @ 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought Dean did a pretty great job..... Let play continue and then quickly called back if no advantage.

Wasn't too proud to change his mind about their handball goal (unlike that idiot ref the other week)

He normally screws us over so it was a pleasant surprise.

When I was 10 and playing in goal cos I was a fatty, I remember being told to always come out asap to narrow the angle and create panic for the attacker.

Nowadays at 5-a-side when playing in goals cos I is a fatty, I just tend to lie on the goal line. Save way more than I concede let me tell you!

Dunno if that makes me more Ederson or Lloris

:sonhmm:

Wayne Shaw?

wayneshawpromo.jpg

Would imagine this has already been posted, but what a solid display that was. And it shows we weren’t just backs to the wall but winning the ball all over the pitch.

I’m a big fan of Hugo, but I don't think he should be Captain, that should be Kane.
After watching his speeches in the documentary compared to Kane, he's much more convincing. Also, he seems to be that quiet leader who can absolutely rip you apart if you get on his nerves (Hugo v Son against Everton and the scrap against Sterling after saving his penalty come to mind.)

In fairness fans are always quick to jump on the refs back but he did have a fantastic game.
City fans are absolutely livid with Mike Dean. They also at think that the VAR decision was farcical. I’m imagining that if we were on the opposite end of this result, I may have been more critical of the refereeing (as you look to lay blame wherever you can), but the VAR was spot on. Jesus clearly brings his arm forward and downward toward his leg to control the ball. If any of you Manc cunts happen to be here reading this, it was blatant and you’ve got nothing but peanuts between your ears if you think any different.

After watching his speeches in the documentary compared to Kane, he's much more convincing. Also, he seems to be that quiet leader who can absolutely rip you apart if you get on his nerves (Hugo v Son against Everton and the scrap against Sterling after saving his penalty come to mind.)
He won the World Cup. All the players can look to him for experience delivering in a major - THE major - tournament, Kane included.

City fans are absolutely livid with Mike Dean. They also at think that the VAR decision was farcical. I’m imagining that if we were on the opposite end of this result, I may have been more critical of the refereeing (as you look to lay blame wherever you can), but the VAR was spot on. Jesus clearly brings his arm forward and downward toward his leg to control the ball. If any of you Manc cunts happen to be here reading this, it was blatant and you’ve got nothing but peanuts between your ears if you think any different.
The problem is they think because they are city and got the money they should have it all their own way. They simply got out battled and instead of blowing up and giving it to them I think dean recognised the tenacity and desire see some great tackles and let the play go.

The problem is they think because they are city and got the money they should have it all their own way. They simply got out battled and instead of blowing up and giving it to them I think dean recognised the tenacity and desire see some great tackles and let the play go.

There's nothing to let go..... I can't think of a single bad challenge that went unpunished.... If you watch the defensive highlights clip doing the rounds all you'll see is high quality challenges and defensive work.

Last edited:
Outstanding result with a battling tenacious performance.
Personally it can be painful hard watch ,seeing another team dominate , host of half chances and riding a little lady luck .
Defensively Spurs were outstanding . Dier/Toby epic. I would just like us control more of the game against these rotten cesspit pay off uefa bent clubs.
Beat the Chavs then l'm in Christmas wonderland early

Back
Top Bottom