Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City | Premier League | 21st November @ 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did anyone else notice, during the second half, Citeh players trying to chip the ball into our defenders' arms, to get a penalty? I know I did.

I said this sort of thing would happen when the rule change was announced.

Jose is going about the build in the right way, starting from the back, concentrating on the basics, getting the mindset right in that we defend as a team and fighting for the win, one game at a time. He has worked wonders in a year that has been disrupted by circumstances that nobody predicted.
Totally agree with this Mrs P.

Those fans who are concerned about the current style of play need to realize that Jose is building from a strong defence and creating a winning mindset (with great coaching and shrewd buys)...once that is fully in place, I'm sure that we will start to see a more dynamic and expansive style of play (see his early Chelsea teams, his title-winning Real Madrid team and even his CL-winning Porto for examples).

One thing is for sure, we're going to win things with Jose and even though I loved Poch, we're a much better team under Jose and I think we're lucky to have him at the club tbh!

COYS

Animated GIF

Yet......
Not just pathetic but completely and utterly shameful and inexcusable behaviour. We've needed a striker since the 1st of January this year, before in fact, and to still be without one at this stage is a massive failing on the part of ENIC, Levy and Hitchins.

Maybe the only solution is to sell Harry Kane and with the money buy new players including two new strikers!

How’s your master plan planning out?

Some choice cuts from AM:

9568-A328-3-CDE-4100-A776-528343-F4-C063.jpg

927-D4-BCB-780-C-4-B50-A946-F215-ED1-CE974.jpg

EEF3-C60-A-2-E71-42-F0-A0-EA-913-CDE726-BA6.jpg

In brighter news for Woolwich, David Luiz and Ceballos tried to improve the teams chances of winning by trying to beat each other up.

I guess they figured if they could both hurt the other enough to sit out the Leeds game, they might stand half a chance. Its that level of commitment and sacrifice that makes this a great Woolwich team

https://www.football365.com/news/mediawatch-luiz-decked-ceballos-sensational-Woolwich-fight

Those fans who are concerned about the current style of play need to realize that Jose is building from a strong defence and creating a winning mindset (with great coaching and shrewd buys)...once that is fully in place, I'm sure that we will start to see a more dynamic and expansive style of play (see his early Chelsea teams, his title-winning Real Madrid team and even his CL-winning Porto for examples).

One thing is for sure, we're going to win things with Jose and even though I loved Poch, we're a much better team under Jose and I think we're lucky to have him at the club tbh!

COYS
Agree with this I love the way he is building it, certainly the west ham match was a game changer in terms of in game management.
Since then only one goal conceded in four games with players like aurier and dier looking solid and composed.
Although I loved the time under poch I think we look tactically better and more flexible under Jose, this is why levy pays him the salary he does he is a winner and we will win under him.

COYS
I still love Poch, and am so sorry we weren't like this with him in charge, Not a Jose fan still but it's the team that matters always. Jose will take all the credit, he saved our club!! He seems like a different person now, less arrogant and slightly more humble so I hope he won't make it all about him. Get well soon Toby. It's not long since some posters were slating him saying he was finished, shame on you COYS

When I was 10 and playing in goal cos I was a fatty, I remember being told to always come out asap to narrow the angle and create panic for the attacker.

Nowadays at 5-a-side when playing in goals cos I is a fatty, I just tend to lie on the goal line. Save way more than I concede let me tell you!

Dunno if that makes me more Ederson or Lloris

:sonhmm:
More Lloris
But not a Slender Loris

p0000000472.jpg

Neville mentioned it in commentary today but I have to agree that Ederson was total shit. He regularly makes mistakes against us, was awful for both our goals and was lucky a heavy son touch dudnt result in a third.

I read an interview I think with Lloris a couple of years back about how he was coached at spurs to stay on his line as long as possible in certain situations, to make the player make the decision (remember how he used to charge out when we bought him) Ederson always does the exact opposite. An difficult finish on the edge of the box for Son turned into an easy, roll through the keepers legs chance.

TLDR: Ederson great with his feet but total shit at actually being a keeper

I agree Ederson fucked up for the first goal, no need to be there at all.

Interesting what you say about Lloris, because I remember questioning what he was doing during a phase where he was literally not coming out at all on 1 v1 's - he would just stand still and give the attacker loads of goal to aim at, and it wasn't great, they kept scoring. I remember questioning it on here or Sc at the time saying "is this some kind of new methodology" because it was very noticeable.

I'm, pretty sure he's modified it (or evolved it) now because it's definitely not as noticeable or flawed as it was back then.

I think Hugo looked like a great leader in the documentary, at least with the team talks - surprised me how vocal he is, there's probably a lot he does behind the scenes considering he's also France's captain. I don't think the armband matters that much though outside the symbolism tbh, PEH is a captain out there with how he directs other players and commands respect, Harry is the same in the way he's always first to training and last to leave and the defacto face of the club in his handling of most of the speaking duties. I think it's important every player out there has leadership qualities in the sense of taking responsibility for the team, it can't just be one person everyone is looking at when the chips are down :thumbup:

I’m a big fan of Hugo, but I don't think he should be Captain, that should be Kane.
Why fix what's not broken?

Kane is doing brilliantly without the armband, Lloris is doing brilliantly with the armband. Spurs are top of the league.

And if you think Kane doesn't have his say in the dressing room then I'd think again. He's probably the most respected player in there. He doesn't need the armband to be a leader.

Back
Top Bottom