Maradona

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Name me an international side better than Bayern or Liverpool.

Better yet, we'd beat Belgium handily, the international #1.

They train together for 2 weeks up to maybe 6 times a year and generally have shit managers.

You are joking mate.

Belgium would beat both of those sides.

You forget quality and pride. There is nothing like winning for your country. It may not always come across but in a tournament like a World Cup and when you are playing for your family, the heritage and the Anthem, my Lord that carries some weight.

You are joking mate.

Belgium would beat both of those sides.

You forget quality and pride. There is nothing like winning for your country. It may not always come across but in a tournament like a World Cup and when you are playing for your family, the heritage and the Anthem, my Lord that carries some weight.
This is some funny shit.

Watched the whole Argentina England game last night.

Maradona was different gravy. Touch, power, control, courage..and a bit of acting to boot.

An absolute giant despite his 5 foot 6 inches.

No one really came near him in the game, in thst whole World Cup and in the history of football, not many would rightly share a table with him.
No one came near him? He got the fucking shit kicked out of him. Elbowed in the face at least once.

For all the talk about his obvious cheating for the first goal, the fact that almost every time he got the ball, he was booted into the air and even clattered a few times when he didn’t have it, is never mentioned.

Telling someone that their opinion of Messi being the best ever is “so wrong”, is well, so wrong. Statistically, he boots the arse of Maradona. Personally, I prefer Maradona as a player to,watch, but there’s no denyIng that Messi is the most productive of the two and if someone wants to use that to gauge who the best player is, that should be ok.

I think it’s a ridiculous debate anyway. Why does it matter who is the best ever? Let’s just enjoy each player for who they are and what they do.
You're right in that it doesn't really matter, but it was only my opinion and I replied in the same tone as the original post, which I felt demeaned Maradona as a footballer, again just my opinion. I don't agree with lots of posts on here but tend to save the disagree button for obnoxious remarks, that's just me :)

You're right in that it doesn't really matter, but it was only my opinion and I replied in the same tone as the original post, which I felt demeaned Maradona as a footballer, again just my opinion. I don't agree with lots of posts on here but tend to save the disagree button for obnoxious remarks, that's just me :)
I just hit the button when I disagree. And I also disagreed with the post you were replying to.

No one came near him? He got the fucking shit kicked out of him. Elbowed in the face at least once.

For all the talk about his obvious cheating for the first goal, the fact that almost every time he got the ball, he was booted into the air and even clattered a few times when he didn’t have it, is never mentioned.

Talk about miss the point. I agree mate but read my post again..

Watched the whole Argentina England game last night.

Maradona was different gravy. Touch, power, control, courage..and a bit of acting to boot.

An absolute giant despite his 5 foot 6 inches.

No one really came near him in the game, in that whole World Cup and in the history of football, not many would rightly share a table with him.
I did too and yeah he absolutely was the standout player, even with England trying, in vain, to double up on him and kick lumps out of him.

But more than that, I was absolutely horrified at how absolutely shit England was as a team and how absolutely shit the individual players were. I do have a recollection of Hodge, Steven and Fennick being beyond shit, but hadn't realised how shit Hoddle, Linaker, Reid were. The only player to hold his head up from that game was Barnes when he came on.

I really enjoyed listening to Venables punditry, it was different gravy even compared to what we get today. It wasn't "'x' is shit", "must do better". He was very specific with what he thought the problem was and what he would do to change it.

I'm so glad I rewatched it though (first time I've done so) because England (the players who played this game and the English media) have never stopped bleating on about this game as if they were robbed, what utter nonsense, the much superior team won that game, we were shit to a point that it was embarrassing.

Talk about miss the point. I agree mate but read my post again..
I have. Don’t get it.

All I was saying was there were many times England got near him, just almost always illegally.

I find it tough that sportsmanship is only questioned in one respect in this match, when everyone was cheating their arses off.

Even just before the second goal, Batista goes through an England player (Hoddle maybe) like a fucking hit and run. Everyone was at it.

I have. Don’t get it.

All I was saying was there were many times England got near him, just almost always illegally.

I find it tough that sportsmanship is only questioned in one respect in this match, when everyone was cheating their arses off.

Even just before the second goal, Batista goes through an England player (Hoddle maybe) like a fucking hit and run. Everyone was at it.

Okay mate. No one got near him in terms of quality, not physically.

Make sense now?

Anyone else heard that the undertakers that took selfies with he's body are now brown bread by the Boca ultras?

I love this photo
zqlguwlsqxus6rwu_1606456183.jpeg

Sorry, but you're so wrong. The only player, IMO, that is in Maradona's league is Pele. These two are in the stratosphere of footballers. They played in an era where footballs, tackles and pitches were heavy, and he made average teams world beaters.
Maradona, apart from a criminal communist supporter of massively criminal communist dictatorships and a disgusting criminal drugaddict was just a ball juggler, football is not circus, football is a competition to score more than the rivals, not to see who is a better juggler, and in that sense, the only real sense, Messi and Cristiano are a trillion galaxies away from Maradona, Pelé, Cruyff or Di Stefano.

Some people have problems with reality only because they have childhood memories.

Maradona, apart from a criminal communist supporter of massively criminal communist dictatorships and a disgusting criminal drugaddict was just a ball juggler, football is not circus, football is a competition to score more than the rivals, not to see who is a better juggler, and in that sense, the only real sense, Messi and Cristiano are a trillion galaxies away from Maradona, Pelé, Cruyff or Di Stefano.

Some people have problems with reality only because they have childhood memories.

I had no idea Messi and Ronaldo shared an agent with historical myopia.

Look everyone! Here’s a new complete fucking twat for us to play with! Can we keep him? Can we? Pleeeeaaase!!!

Back
Top Bottom