Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you score early against Burnley their entire game plan goes out of the window and they get destroyed.

They can no longer spend the rest of the game taking 2 mins on every goal kick and throw in while shuffling 11 players endlessly side to side just in front of their own penalty area.

Never had an issue with Danny Welbeck. The players that can be okay with a role are the glue of a team in a lot of ways. He scored the occasional goal and was a big game player. Don't understand the hate for his career.

Edit: I am guy from across the pond and don't pay attention to the tabloids, but did the English have high hopes for Danny or something? Seems he may have failed some people's expectations or something and thus gets flack for it.
I knew what he brought as a player but never heard him speaking until today but from the glimps of what I saw today I am wondering why we never gone for him when we were struggling so much so long for Kane back up. We have Vinicious now but why didn't we before

Reminded me of when van Dijk completely swung for the ball, missed and whacked Lamela.

Blatant penalty, yet no one could see why it was given.

And exactly the same as the pen Aurier conceded to Mane a few games back.

Edit - and pretty much exactly the same as Davies conceded in the CL last season.

Do you think this impacts the relationship the viewing public has with the game? Because it doesn't matter who the broadcaster for the PL game is it is always pretty similar.

When I watch the BuLi the comms spend the 90 talking tactics, changes, and reactions.
Yeah I do. It makes it the only reason why the result happened, e.g LFC didn’t win today because of VAR.

This position will also be welcomed and endorsed by LFC as it takes away from the media spotlight of how they performed. Now if there was primary focus from the media on the performance the pressure would ramp up on the team. There is less opportunity for the team. To circle the wagons and build a siege mentality of everything is against them.

But most of all it dumbs down the entire education of us all about the game. Us old farts to kids learning about the game.

I get entirely why it’s done, controversy sells, it engages with the vast majority of those that watch the game, anyone can argue it was or wasn’t.

Back
Top Bottom