Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah I do. It makes it the only reason why the result happened, e.g LFC didn’t win today because of VAR.

This position will also be welcomed and endorsed by LFC as it takes away from the media spotlight of how they performed. Now if there was primary focus from the media on the performance the pressure would ramp up on the team. There is less opportunity for the team. To circle the wagons and build a siege mentality of everything is against them.

But most of all it dumbs down the entire education of us all about the game. Us old farts to kids learning about the game.

I get entirely why it’s done, controversy sells, it engages with the vast majority of those that watch the game, anyone can argue it was or wasn’t.
Very well said Guido.

Here we go, not a single word in the studio other than reviewing "was it, wasn't it" and VAR. NOTHING about the game, NOTHING on either teams, ZERO analysis. This is why we have VAR

But it was exactly the same before VAR, they would have been replaying all those incidents and saying what a travesty that Liverpool won with two offside goals and Brighton were denied a definite penalty. At least now we only got one replay whined about and that was a correct decision that influenced the result correctly for both clubs.

It was ever thus, it’s a cultural thing in the U.K. coverage of sport and VAR has not changed that, it’s just removed the controversy of offside for them the whine about.

And todd1882 todd1882 they have VAR in the BL but still manage to discuss tactics etc.

Proving the problem isn’t VAR, but the approach of English football broadcasters and the fuckwit proper football geezer pundits they insist on dumbing us all down with.

I so hope we beat them.
Honestly though! Remember klopp giving out about long balls, the wind!!! Grass being too long, grass being too short, grass being too wet!! I remember one game vs Leicester it was slightly snowy at HT the Anfield ground staff came on and clearly one end of the pitch - the pitch Liverpool would be attacking second half!!

But it was exactly the same before VAR, they would have been replaying all those incidents and saying what a travesty that Liverpool won with two offside goals and Brighton were denied a definite penalty. At least now we only got one replay whined about and that was a correct decision that influenced the result correctly for both clubs.

It was ever thus, it’s a cultural thing in the U.K. coverage of sport and VAR has not changed that, it’s just removed the controversy of offside for them the whine about.

And todd1882 todd1882 they have VAR in the BL but still manage to discuss tactics etc.

Proving the problem isn’t VAR, but the approach of English football broadcasters and the fuckwit proper football geezer pundits they insist on dumbing us all down with.
Yes, my question was more about broadcasters focusing on BS controversy and not the football. I totally agree with you that VAR is not the issue as far as this is concerned...it is merely a convenient bogeyman (due to poor implementation and usage not inherent shitness) behind which they can hide their previous methods. Remember, I like VAR but I think broadcasters do the viewing public a disservice in the PL.

I listen to a lot of football podcasts and the Italians and Spanish are moaning about shit var just as much if not more. Its not an English thing.

Yes I know they did before VAR, that’s also the point. It directly lead to us having VAR. the officiating of the game has never been bettered, over the last 20yrs every year getting better and better. Refs fitter, becoming professional (no longer part-time bank managers), right up to the installation of VAR only a tiny % of decisions were incorrect. Yet, because before during, after and in between games it’s all anyone ever discussed, everyone believing it was a massive issue in the game and something had to be done about it = hello VAR.

PL is the most watched league in the world, the media around it therefore has a lot of influence.

To be fair I think I do remember him saying our run was ridiculous at the time, so he isn’t completely biased, just a little bit

Nah, he's just using our predicament for his own means.... Just like that fat cunt Frank.... They go awfully quiet when it works in their favour.

Back
Top Bottom