Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"I hope you see dis Troopz man and I hope u see it 4 wot it iz":

I certainly see it for what it is. Hope Troopz does too lol

These lot are beyond belief!!
They genuinly think they are stars.
EDIT
He's basically mugging off he's "mate" for viewers online clicks.
I thought he couldn't get any lower,but there ya go...

Last edited:
I thought id watch this for a laugh bearing in mind how shit the kronkes are...

Yet this podcast is painting a picture of them being amazing at everything. The ginge presenter is so punchable and deluded. Hes talking about the kronkes as though theyve dominated english football for 20 years

They just built a great stadium in LA or the Rams...

I've seen clips of some show he's doing with Barstool out there and, to be honest, it's fucking embarrassing. Just more yelling.
Hopefully the rational Americans who are thinking of getting into "soccer" can see through this attention-seeking approach and decide to stay away from supporting that club....but I doubt it.
Rational Americans....nah still not getting it.

By the way, their "world class" new signing Partey is indeed going to be out for at least a few weeks, so will probably miss all action through at least the end of the month...

13 Dec - Burnley
16 Dec - Southampton
19 Dec - @ Everton
22 Dec - City (EFL QF)
26 Dec - Chelsea
29 Dec - @ Brighton
2 Jan - @ West Borm

I don't see them getting many points.

By the way, their "world class" new signing Partey is indeed going to be out for at least a few weeks, so will probably miss all action through at least the end of the month...

13 Dec - Burnley

16 Dec - Southampton
19 Dec - @ Everton
22 Dec - City (EFL QF)
26 Dec - Chelsea
29 Dec - @ Brighton
2 Jan - @ West Borm

A loss for them this weekend would be massive and could send them spiraling.

Surely Dych has the nouse and the players to beat that bunch of ponces.

13 Dec - Burnley
16 Dec - Southampton
19 Dec - @ Everton
22 Dec - City (EFL QF)
26 Dec - Chelsea
29 Dec - @ Brighton
2 Jan - @ West Borm

Their position in the league is shit but I still think they've luckily got more points than their performances deserved:

Spam, won but were outplayed;
Sheff Utd, won, but luckily;
Leeds, drew very luckily.

We actually need for them to get a few points here and there, maybe also a run in Europa. If they carry on getting shit results then Arteta might walk, or "lose the dressing room", and we definitely don't want that.

Yeah, make to right on that. However, there could be a bigger picture being played out that we're yet to see come to an end. That's to say so many players in that squad are old and coming to an end of their careers and contracts and they do have some promising young lads (being bloodied and playing well in Europa) to come through. One thing that a manager will not want to do is make it seem easy for these players coming through, so he doesn't pick them or has them playing in U23's???? So the culture that he wants is being developed with the young players rather than the Snr's???? (this is me just playing devils advocate and should the board stick with him, might be the reason why as the older zimmer framed players will all be gone sooner rather than later??).

That's not to say that I agree with any of the decisions made about Willian, Luiz, Ozil, Xhaka, Aubameyang (I've been consistent on him that he's nothing like the player he was at Dortmund & Martinelli would have scored the vast majority he did last season) and Lacazete etc but

Part of his task is definitely a rebuild, namely getting rid of the Ozil crew when their contracts finally expire. I'm sure that's how the board sees him and that's why they're backing him so hard, they need a manager who can develop young players on a lower wage bill ala the Dortmund model to be able to compete financially. Allegri may be out there for example, but doesn't fit that "project" mold. Arteta says the right stuff so they'd rather gamble on him than a proven "now" manager.

The thing is, they do have some promising young players in Saka, Martinelli, Saliba etc, the problem is that Arteta has been playing it conservative instead of actually acting like a progressive young coach:
- handing Aubameyang a giant contract (understandable as their only reliable goalscorer, but without a plan to actually use him)
- convincing Xhaka, a 28yo and a truly mediocre player, to stay instead of selling him
- buying a 27yo on massive wages (good player, but not one for the resale value)
- chasing Willian, that was his top target in the summer besides Aouar - again an old player on massive wages
- buying 29yo Cedric and 27yo Mari, basically squad filler
- kicking out Guendouzi, for good reasons but still one of their better young players
- not selling AMN for 20M when they had the offer and then not using him

He talks a good game and probably has really impressively detailed tactics or something that seems new and smart (e.g. he assigns them all homework after games) but his squad management shows someone who's been pretty nervy about his job and hesitant to take risks. I imagine the board will write off this season and give him through next summer because a couple of the big contracts will expire then and they'll have some of the youngsters fit again. But if he doesn't start actually buying and playing youngsters, I don't think they'll be terribly happy with him. Imagine how much value the likes of Pepe have lost.

Watching back - Redknapp is so hyperbolic. In everything he says.

Woolwich win - and all of a sudden they're going in the right way. Arteta is signing the right players etc.

I didn't hear him at the weekend, but I assume if he was to comment on Woolwich, it would be that there isn't really any game plan, they're not really improving and their signings (Partey and Willian in particular) weren't good enough...

I remember 2018/19 when we were "competing" for the title. We were 2nd behind Liverpool at the time and he was complimenting us saying how Pochettino is doing a great job. Didnt sign anyone in the summer yet got the best out of his squad and are now competing. When we could ALL see the performances weren't the best but we were just managing to sneak important wins in (Winks against Fulham etc)

By the end of that season, he was criticising Poch, the players and the club for poor performances, falling off and not signing any players...

He's an awful pundit, he really is. Cliché bollocks.
He’s got one braincell and it’s absolutely riddled with cliches

Their position in the league is shit but I still think they've luckily got more points than their performances deserved:

Spam, won but were outplayed;
Sheff Utd, won, but luckily;
Leeds, drew very luckily.

We actually need for them to get a few points here and there, maybe also a run in Europa. If they carry on getting shit results then Arteta might walk, or "lose the dressing room", and we definitely don't want that.
If they’re struggling to break teams down the absolute worst fixtures they could have coming up are Burnley, Southampton and West Brom

They are better suited to playing the better footballing teams. Only nailed on win I see them having in those games is Brighton, who are great to watch but a bit too gung ho at times

edit- maybe a disservice to saints who are actually good to watch also

Agreed,but loved it.
Saw loads of acts there.Bad manners, Geno Washington,Desmond Dekker,Eddie Floyd,GBH,Angelic Upstarts etc.Loads.
Gone now.Its been knocked down and an american type bar./diner built in its place.
Due to open,just as the lock down kicked in.
Lots of great Pubs disappeared over the years. The Intrepid Fox in soho is flats now. used to love that place. it was even a bikers church on Sundays

For me this isn't anything to do with Arteta, in my eyes he is a total unknown, there is nothing to suggest he's good or bad.

The way the season is going (given shortened off-season, shortened pre-season, condensed season with more games played in a shorter period of time) it has favoured, SO FAR, managers who play a passive style as opposed to what is considered a progressive style (teams that have adopted a progressive style of football have dominated their domestic and European leagues by winning and/or competed for stuff for a number of years now).

So, what I'm saying if Arteta is supposed to be a "progressive coach" (I have no idea if he is or isn't but the media say he is) then it stands to reason that this season makes him look shit, just as City, Barca are struggling. So, the concept of who is or isn't a dinosaur (a term usually adopted to describe a style of football that's not capable of competing) may be moot for this season, it could be that as the season develops there is a return to this style, or that it disappears and it's not seen again until next season. So if Woolwich stick with him and this scenario plays out (assuming he is a good manager) than the narrative will on him will change again.

My disbelief is how a manager with zero games under his belt has gained such an overwhelmingly positive commentary on the style of his football just because he was Pep's assistant for 2yrs. There are no prior games, and even now after a 1yr in the job no evidence to back up that he's good or bad (yes they are very bad this season but dig into the context there can be some get-out clauses for him as per pressing teams are struggling this season).

But is he a "progressive coach"? There's zero evidence to support this. Is he a passive coach? There's no evidence to support this too! Because of this, it is fair to assume that this is a significant issue, as his team play with no identity and that this strengthens the argument for him not being a particularly good coach is certainly currently the more persuasive commentary.

But it is hugely enjoyable to see those that were so adamant and so decisively advocating him as the future of football management based on nothing other than he's my mate or he's young or he was Pep's assistant. Had Brian Kidd became their coach would these same people have been waxing lyrically in those same terms as Arteta? I doubt that very much.

I agree with you but the reason I’ve said hes shit from the start is because his teams look to be winging it. Plus his man management seems to be terrible and he’s also stubborn. He must give fantastic blowjobs because I can’t see what else he’s good at!

Back
Top Bottom