Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No the ginger one not the bald guy
That fella is James McNicholas, he's a Woolwich fan (comedian, writer), he's the guy behind Gunnerblog, which is a huge (probably Woolwich's largest?) and has a big following on Twitter. Not sure what the deal is (he may have sold Gunnerblog to The Athletic or they licence it????) but whatever it is he is now well and truly under The Athletic umbrella (which is why he's on Tiffo as they too have been acquired by The Athletic).

He's an articulate writer, not overly kneejerk, so his takes are always measured. HOWEVER, since the signing of Artetta which possibly coincided with his tie-up with The Athletic his views read like a party political broadcast. I've no idea if he gets a small chunk of change from Woolwich to keep the news upbeat, Amy Lawrence too has become this flag waiving positive energy PR machine that's been flowing out of the club whilst they results have nosedived. All seems at odds from what is actually happening.

"I hope you see dis Troopz man and I hope u see it 4 wot it iz":

I certainly see it for what it is. Hope Troopz does too lol

That fella is James McNicholas, he's a Woolwich fan (comedian, writer), he's the guy behind Gunnerblog, which is a huge (probably Woolwich's largest?) and has a big following on Twitter. Not sure what the deal is (he may have sold Gunnerblog to The Athletic or they licence it????) but whatever it is he is now well and truly under The Athletic umbrella (which is why he's on Tiffo as they too have been acquired by The Athletic).

He's an articulate writer, not overly kneejerk, so his takes are always measured. HOWEVER, since the signing of Artetta which possibly coincided with his tie-up with The Athletic his views read like a party political broadcast. I've no idea if he gets a small chunk of change from Woolwich to keep the news upbeat, Amy Lawrence too has become this flag waiving positive energy PR machine that's been flowing out of the club whilst they results have nosedived. All seems at odds from what is actually happening.

He is obviously on the payroll. Nobody could be that deluded

I've seen clips of some show he's doing with Barstool out there and, to be honest, it's fucking embarrassing. Just more yelling.
Hopefully the rational Americans who are thinking of getting into "soccer" can see through this attention-seeking approach and decide to stay away from supporting that club....but I doubt it.

I love a night bus story..... Go On
He was with a load of scum (to be honest ,i got told this was him,as i wouldn't remember him) and they were abusing a lone yid,i got involved and called them all c**s and offered them all out(10 pints consumed,i was invincible).After much verbals, they politely declined ,and i thought no more of it.
A month later , i walked into the George Robey in Finsbury park and across the bar looking at me were this lot,but a few more(about a dozen). Then a bloke comes up behind me and its the Spurs fan from the bus,turns out he was a mate of theirs and it was all banter,and being pissed i had misread the situation...Could have been worse, i suppose.Life was like that then,back in the 80s,never boring.

He was with a load of scum (to be honest ,i got told this was him,as i wouldn't remember him) and they were abusing a lone yid,i got involved and called them all c**s and offered them all out(10 pints consumed,i was invincible).After much verbals, they politely declined ,and i thought no more of it.
A month later , i walked into the George Robey in Finsbury park and across the bar looking at me were this lot,but a few more(about a dozen). Then a bloke comes up behind me and its the Spurs fan from the bus,turns out he was a mate of theirs and it was all banter,and being pisssed i had misread the situation...Could have been worse, i suppose.Life was like that then,back in the 80s,never boring.
The sir george Robey what a place. I remember seeing the worse we want to be depeche mode band in the world there. Awful tunes, awful haircuts and barely 6 people in the audiance god knows what I was doing there 1988ish

I dont think it exists anymore.

MEUX STOUT anyone.

The sir george Robey what a place. I remember seeing the worse we want to be depeche mode band in the world there. Awful tunes, awful haircuts and barely 6 people in the audiance god knows what I was doing there 1988ish

I dont think it exists anymore.

MEUX STOUT anyone.
Agreed,but loved it.
Saw loads of acts there.Bad manners, Geno Washington,Desmond Dekker,Eddie Floyd,GBH,Angelic Upstarts etc.Loads.
Gone now.Its been knocked down and an american type bar./diner built in its place.
Due to open,just as the lock down kicked in.

Back
Top Bottom