Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have to agree. After 13 games, we're the best or second best team in the league and our position is not false. We have a lot to look forward to. However, our points total do not reflect the quality of the performances.

You're right... We should have seen out the NC, WH & CP games and have 6 more. :mourthumb:

Tottenham FixturesOpponent PointsLiverpool FixturesOpponent Points
Leicester City24@Crystal Palace18
@Wolverhampton20West Bromwich Albion7
Fulham9@Newcastle United17
Leeds United17@Southampton24
@Aston Villa18@Aston Villa18
@Sheffield United1Manchester United20
TOTAL (average)89 (14.8)TOTAL (average)104 (17.3)
Liverpool... totteNHam ...

Liverpool faces a marginally tougher road ahead with 4 away and 2 home - could you see Liverpool lose 1 or 2 of these matches? How many will Tottenham draw (or worse, lose)?
I think there's no conclusions to be drawn from such analysis. The true strenth or weakness of any side is hard to predict week to week.

No one is consistent. I expect Liverpool will do fine against most of those and then unexpectedly drop points against Newcastle for instance.

Moira over Bergwijn
The grass is not greener on the other side. We've had Moura for years and he's never managed to be the player we've needed him to be.

It won't change.

We ether suffer the pain of Bergwijn learning to be good in attack or we buy a new RW. It's that simple.

Woke up - still seething

We could have made a proper statement of intent beating these cunts and going too - instead it was same old Tottenham mental midgets... ffs!

Woke up - still seething

We could have made a proper statement of intent beating these cunts and going too - instead it was same old Tottenham mental midgets... ffs!
I thought we were really good to be fair and didn’t fear them.
It’s a football match, and you win lose or draw.

We lost after a good fight and got a bloody nose, but it wasn’t a game for vitriol, anger and abuse of the team.

Lots to take from it, and while it’s a big, big blow, and we failed to put down a huge marker, a real challenge comes again v Leicester, and it’s a great game to get back on track. For me, mentally, that’s a must win.

The grass is not greener on the other side. We've had Moura for years and he's never managed to be the player we've needed him to be.

It won't change.

We ether suffer the pain of Bergwijn learning to be good in attack or we buy a new RW. It's that simple.
Moura can finish though, where Bergwijn is really struggling.
I’ve got all the time in the world for Bergwijn, just not in the start 11 for PL games at this moment

Let me make this easy for you all.
We WON’T win every game between now and the send of the season. We will lose again, so don’t let it be a surprise. The hardest game of the season is away to Liverpool and we should have come away with at least a draw.
You could see how much of a threat Liverpool think we are , by the way they reacted at the end. They knew this was a must win game. We are their main threat and they know it.
On another day, the chances we created would have gone in and we could have been out of sight. Last night was one of them nights, they happen and they will happen again.
Some of the comments I have read on here are laughable, the sort of shit you’d expect from Woolwich fans .
It was a disappointing night, throwing toys out of prams will not change that, so enjoy the position we are in and get behind the team.

Last edited:
Wow the melt on here is unreal. If you had told me we would get to Christmas and we would have three wins, a draw and a loss against the other top 5 with three of those games being away, I would have bit your hand off. That game could have gone either way and guess what, we lost. It was never going to be an easy one so you win some and you lose some. We’re in 2nd place, 3 points off top; not bad.

Ahhhh he probably scores those chances.
Yep, how shit to go 3-1 up it would have been
You're fucking dense aren't you?

Lucas most likely doesn't end up in that position. He'd try to dribble past people, get dispossessed, and have us on the back foot again.

He'd most likely get in the way of Kane/Son with his lack of positional sense and poor passing.

He'd fail to effectively cover for the defence and as a result we'd be less likely to win.

You're fucking dense aren't you?

Lucas most likely doesn't end up in that position. He'd try to dribble past people, get dispossessed, and have us on the back foot again.

He'd most likely get in the way of Kane/Son with his lack of positional sense and poor passing.

He'd fail to effectively cover for the defence and as a result we'd be less likely to win.
It’s not his job to cover the defence, so someone else has to if he plays.
Would you not swap Bergwijn for Ronaldo on that basis too?

And how was his positioning on Amsterdam?
4 goals and 4 assists in 2000 minutes last season and 10 goals in 2000 minutes the season before.

Did he score them all from the halfway line?
Or did I he get into good positions..

It’s not his job to cover the defence, so someone else has to if he plays.
It bloody well is. As Mourinho said a million times, defending is a team job. We're a low block, defensive team and everyone must do their duty. Which is also why Lloris lost his rag at Son.
Would you not swap Bergwijn for Ronaldo on that basis too?
Is Lucas Ronaldo? What kind of silly argument is that? Lucas doesn't score at anything approaching a rate which would justify his abject failure in every other area of the pitch.

Bergwijn for his failures still has some attacking chemistry with Son and Kane. He doesn't give the ball away cheaply.

It bloody well is. As Mourinho said a million times, defending is a team job. We're a low block, defensive team and everyone must do their duty. Which is also why Lloris lost his rag at Son.

Is Lucas Ronaldo? What kind of silly argument is that? Lucas doesn't score at anything approaching a rate which would justify his abject failure in every other area of the pitch.

Bergwijn for his failures still has some attacking chemistry with Son and Kane. He doesn't give the ball away cheaply.
Ahhhhhh so all you said above about defending means fuck all of Ronaldo was in the team

Ahhhhhh so all you said above about defending means fuck all of Ronaldo was in the team
You're comparing the best outright goalscorer possibly in the history of football to Lucas Moura. No Moura does not get the same considerations as Ronaldo.

You're comparing the best outright goalscorer possibly in the history of football to Lucas Moura. No Moura does not get the same considerations as Ronaldo.
So as I said, everything you said about defending as a team goes out the window if we had Ronaldo.

Ergo, different players have different responsibilities when it suits you

So as I said, everything you said about defending g as a team goes out the window if we had Ronaldo.
Why are we fucking talking about Ronaldo? Yes, the normal rules of tactics go out the window against Ronaldo and Messi. The two people who each scored more than 3x as many goals as Kane, players who have won practically everything that can be won.

Those exceptions don't apply to anyone in our team, or anyone else in the premier league right now who might hypothetically play in Mourinho's side.

That Salad deflected goal, how much luck can a team get ? Grrrrrr.

Gutted this morning still, as I had "settled" for the draw, then we fail to defend a corner.

Having said that, every one of the true Spurs fanbase would take where we are now, if offered up at the start of the season. Next game is huge.

On another subject ALL teams should not be allowed home support, apart from the obvious lift it can give teams, there was little social distancing taking place in that stand..

Back
Top Bottom