Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We'll find out at the weekend how fresh they really are. Palace should give them a game.

We've had a pretty intense run of late, played Thursdays, and we've still got Leicester and Wolves. A loss at Anfield against the champions - who played some excellent, intense football - was disappointing, given two clear cut chances in the 2nd half, but it's just a blip in the race. I'm still far more gutted that we were robbed of 3 vital points against Newcastle. That was a proper theft.

I really believe we can rip through Leicester and take Wolves now. We defended with real tenacity yesterday. Aurier looked like a man possessed against Mane. Keep that up this season and we'll secure top 4 and battle for the title.
If dippers lose at palace and we win it'll be as you were, so things could still work out well for us!

At the end of the day, we're only in the title race if Liverpool let us. We're averaging 1.92 points per game which is miles off champions material, we've just gotten a bit ahead of ourselves in recent weeks being top of the table.

Having said that, this could be a weird year and Liverpool might continue to drop points so you never know.

Or squared it to Lucas for a tap in?

Tottenham FixturesOpponent PointsLiverpool FixturesOpponent Points
Leicester City24@Crystal Palace18
@Wolverhampton20West Bromwich Albion7
Fulham9@Newcastle United17
Leeds United17@Southampton24
@Aston Villa18@Aston Villa18
@Sheffield United1Manchester United20
TOTAL (average)89 (14.8)TOTAL (average)104 (17.3)
Liverpool...at Tottenham...

Liverpool faces a marginally tougher road ahead with 4 away and 2 home - could you see Liverpool lose 1 or 2 of these matches? How many will Tottenham draw (or worse, lose)?

These are the fixtures before we next play them aren't they?

I think they've got the tougher fixtures but you never quite know with Spurs.

If we are 3 or 4 points behind before they travel to the Lane then I think we have a great chance.

Some of the criticism and meltdowns on here are embarassing.

Many of the games this season, expecially against quality teams like Liverpool are decided by extremely fine margins. If Bergwijn and Kane convert those chances and we hold on to win 3-1, the reaction here is the polar opposite.

We've only played 13 league games and already beaten City, Utd, Woolwich and drawn with the Chavs. Also only conceded 2 goals during those games.

To put things into perspective - we have a wretched record at Anfield.
Poch never won there even when we had a superior team to Liverpool.

In my memories of supporting the club I think we have won once there under Redknapp and once in an FA Cup tie under Gerry Francis in 1995

I get your point. I think it's more a build up of the last 10 or so years as we have started to challenge and we've been let down in big moments.

Chelsea FA Cup Semi
Battle of the bridge
Juventus CL at home
Champions league final etc

In all those games I personally came away thinking how did we lose this given the chances. Its just all too familiar and it hurts.

I thought we never looked like scoring in the Champions League Final.

Liverpool seemed very happy to sit back and wait for us to do something before they responded but it never happened.

Having a striker who was clearly unfit didn't help. Klopp also fielded an unfit striker but he had the sense to take him off.

At the end of the day, we're only in the title race if Liverpool let us. We're averaging 1.92 points per game which is miles off champions material, we've just gotten a bit ahead of ourselves in recent weeks being top of the table.

Having said that, this could be a weird year and Liverpool might continue to drop points so you never know.

Up until last night Liverpool (reigning champs!) had the same points average.....

Let me get this straight; you feel the need to band the term "spursy" about, yet at the same time want to preach an inferiority complex and cast us as relegation level?

:avbnaa:

It’s still in our hands so to speak , they still need to come to the lane !

I assume you're joking?

Have you ever taken a walk around our stadium? Ever seen the words "TO DARE IS TO DO"? How about "THE GAME IS ABOUT GLORY"? You've surely seen "GLORY GLORY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR"?

It's ok to be angry after an unfair result, but don't spout nonsense mate. Sleep it off and like you say, you'll see it clearer tomorrow.

But where's the actual glory?

We've won one trophy in the last twenty one years. There's no getting away from that.

hZsPdu6TqOnBU86ZnKmYTvNmQGDBjPtru8_E--5Q9GI.jpg

Shows how interesting and angled stats can be. According to Opta Joe we prevented Liverpool from having a single big chance on goal whilst generating 4 ourselves.

People will dismiss Jose's comments on the basis they just do not like Jose and associate him with the park the bus approach.

But the reality is we had the better chances, the first half display was poor but in the 2nd half we took it to them and deserved to win.

But it's Anfield and the place has Scouse magic curses on it.

Nothing I saw last night has made me hate Kopp less. In fact, I despise him more than ever now. Shouting and screaming like a demented moron.

Can't wait to get the nasty **** back to WHL in January and bury his fake teeth 6ft under the turf.

Thursday the 28th January, 8pm.

BRING

IT

ON

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom