Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Mourinho could be a bit to blame for yesterday. I get why he put Davies and Lo Celso in, but it was the wrong move simple as. Ndombele should've started and so should Reguilon. Lucas also should've started instead of Bergwijn (I really don't understand why he's starting at the moment)

We changed for Liverpool and that's not the sign of a championship winning team. We are in form, Liverpool have not been the same team they were last season yet. I think we couldve matched them yesterday and I feel the negative approach stopped our chances.

It would've been nice to see how salah tracked back and Trent Arnold defended against Son and Reguilon from the go.
Aurier and Mane had a great battle, but Robertson found himself with sissoko bombing towards him or no threat from Bergwijn (why is he starting over lucas).
Again, we should've gone like for like, get lucas and Aurier on to mane and Robertson, see how they both do having to think about defending also rather than all night.

Ndombele wasnt trusted, Davies was played to defend more, Bergwijn I don't understand if I'm honest. He just goes missing, seems half a yard off the pace still, has moments but Lucas and Bale for me are the guys on the right. Son is the left side and Bergwijn back up. Lamela when back fit probably goes ahead of berg for me in peking order.

First time I've been dissapointment in Mourinho. I've bought into his methods up until now but yesterday didn't fill me with belief that he thinks we can win the league this year.

The approach of defense first, counter attack is a method no doubt that can work but you need to be able to switch it up and against a Liverpool team without their main CBs, we shouldve been higher up the pitch. Kane and son receiving the ball in their own half just does nothing, it brings also immediate pressure if they don't hold the ball up, and leave a lot of distance for any counter attacks to be pulled off, sapping energy every run. Kane was knackered by the end, son came off flat as he was tired ah just a very frustrating one to take as I think it was there for us to really have a go yesterday.

Cos I was impressed by their run where they were creating chances for fun? Cos I was worried about 220m worth of new signings?

I changed my mind when I saw that they are actually inconsistent like everyone else.

Meanwhile, you're still acting like a bitch and pretending you're never wrong.
Wrong about what ?
That we’d win 4-1? Of course I was wrong.

You said Eze was a better goal scorer than Moura. I simply pointed out in one half of football more this season, Moura has 5 goals and 2 assists and Eze has 1 goal and 2 assists.

Not wrong, but stone cold facts.

So for the third time, how is Eze a better option for goals?

Also, for the third time, have you the stats for the rest of the league with goals conceded, at what time and how many were from set pieces in the last ten minutes?

And how the rest of our 8 goals conceded came about and if there is any reoccurring pattern?

Or is integrity and convinction in your views too much for you?

You said Eze was a better goal scorer than Moura
I was just throwing out names of potential winger options. And Moura has scored 1, assisted 0. Practically any half decent winger in the PL would be better.

I'd take Andros back over Moura.

We've played only 13 games and in that time conceded 2 bullshit (Newcastle, Southampton) and one soft (United) penalty, and one goal that shouldn't have stood from Brighton. The Brighton goal and Ings goal were really the only ones where we were "outplayed". All the rest of our goals conceded came out of a failure to clear crosses or set plays.

Winks fucking up the set play against Spam, Sanchez own goal and their first goal was cross which Balbuena headed in. ALL THREE of West Ham's goals were from our failure to clear crosses. The palace one was the same, we were getting dominated from crosses and one eventually went in. And of course there's Everton. Finally yesterday's cockup.

Of the 9 "legit" goals we've conceded, 6 were from crosses or set pieces, not including Newcastle.

I was just throwing out names of potential winger options. And Moura has scored 1, assisted 0. Practically any half decent winger in the PL would be better.

I'd take Andros back over Moura.

We've played only 13 games and in that time conceded 2 bullshit (Newcastle, Southampton) and one soft (United) penalty, and one goal that shouldn't have stood from Brighton. The Brighton goal and Ings goal were really the only ones where we were "outplayed". All the rest of our goals conceded came out of a failure to clear crosses or set plays.

Winks fucking up the set play against Spam, Sanchez own goal and their first goal was cross which Balbuena headed in. ALL THREE of West Ham's goals were from our failure to clear crosses. The palace one was the same, we were getting dominated from crosses and one eventually went in. And of course there's Everton. Finally yesterday's cockup.

Of the 9 "legit" goals we've conceded, 6 were from crosses or set pieces, not including Newcastle.
How old are you? You are so dramatic with your reactions and thoughts on our own players

Keita and Ox :mourlmao: so you are saying that for us if Hojberg is out injured and Winks takes his place we are just as strong in defensive mid?:mourweird:
No, I am saying that right now Klopp thinks Jones is his best option when choosing among some very good ones.

If Thiago was available I think he would play but on form it could be instead of Wijnaldum not Jones. Keita and Ox cost £80 million between them, this "bare bones" narrative is just bollocks.

How old are you? You are so dramatic with your reactions and thoughts on our own players
Everyone slagging of Bergwijn and I'm defending him from someone saying Moura should take his place. How am I the dramatic one?

I identified our defending of crosses as a problem, but someone disagreed and demanded evidence, I provided it.

Honestly, what have I said that's dramatic?

For me, yesterday's game just highlights how football is often about those infuriating small margins. They score via a lucky deflection, we fluff some golden opportunities. Another day we win/draw that and the conversation is totally different.

Frustrating beyond belief but I was pleased with the game for the most part.

Some of the criticism and meltdowns on here are embarassing.

Many of the games this season, expecially against quality teams like Liverpool are decided by extremely fine margins. If Bergwijn and Kane convert those chances and we hold on to win 3-1, the reaction here is the polar opposite.

We've only played 13 league games and already beaten City, Utd, Woolwich and drawn with the Chavs. Also only conceded 2 goals during those games.

To put things into perspective - we have a wretched record at Anfield.
Poch never won there even when we had a superior team to Liverpool.

In my memories of supporting the club I think we have won once there under Redknapp and once in an FA Cup tie under Gerry Francis in 1995
Even for a match thread there was some bollocks talked ... Harry needs lessons in how to score, Toby can't defend. Congratulations all round.

I don’t think we will ever win at Anfield , ever, it seems to be cursed for us, hopefully there bad away form continues and they will drop more points this weekend away to palace, the only thing that worries me as they didn’t even make 1 sub and they weren’t tired! How is that possible ? Son and Kane looked Fucked but you got Henderson running around fresh as anything
And they have squad thats 70% asmatic!!!

For me, yesterday's game just highlights how football is often about those infuriating small margins. They score via a lucky deflection, we fluff some golden opportunities. Another day we win/draw that and the conversation is totally different.

Frustrating beyond belief but I was pleased with the game for the most part.

Not a one off though.

It's happened numerous times against them.

CL final?
You know it's funny I didn't find that as painful, I guess I was just amazed that we had made it there in the first place.

The way we went out as well was a bit half hearted it was over in the first 10 minutes so the pain of it was over and done with quickly.

Might of grown accustom to it at that point too. Dejection rather than pain.

I don’t think we were the better team second half but each to their own - we played anti football for most of the game - was actually embarrassing at times for a top of the table team with serious title aspirations
So we play into liverpools hands and be wide open at the back. We dont have pacey centre halves to play a highline. If we played open attacking football people be whinging bout being naiive and open when we lose 4-1

Back
Top Bottom