Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he wasn’t good on Wednesday...but abusing him? Cunts. As long as he doesn’t piss on the badge like Rose he deserves respect. That applies to everyone at the club from Harry Kane to the cleaning lady

Last edited:
Criticism I agree with. It’s part and parcel of football and if you can’t take that, you shouldn’t be a professional footballer, but abuse and telling him to “fuck off out our club” isn’t acceptable. I’m not going to lie, I said on the match threads and have been saying for weeks, I don’t think he’s good enough or has done enough for me to start premier league games and I still stand by that, but I’m not going to start abusing him and saying he should fuck off. That’s not right. It’s up to Bergwijn to prove me and others wrong by finishing those chances and proving his worth. Criticise yes, if you must, but abusing him is wrong.

Criticism I agree with. It’s part and parcel of football and if you can’t take that, you shouldn’t be a professional footballer, but abuse and telling him to “fuck off out our club” isn’t acceptable. I’m not going to lie, I said on the match threads and have been saying for weeks, I don’t think he’s good enough or has done enough for me to start premier league games and I still stand by that, but I’m not going to start abusing him and saying he should fuck off. That’s not right. It’s up to Bergwijn to prove me and others wrong by finishing those chances and proving his worth. Criticise yes, if you must, but abusing him is wrong.
completeley agree those posting abuse on his social media should be ashamed of themeselves

completeley agree those posting abuse on his social media should be ashamed of themeselves

A 'choice' group on here really are no better....

“fuck off out [my] club” sounds distinctly like something i'd expect to read here except with an added "you cunt" appendage..

First season wasn't too bad, not great, but season two he was already fantastic. 21 goals in 16/17.

Son was horrific for most of his first season to be honest.

Awful touch, missed a fair few chances when he got a rare start. And got called fat and out of shape most weeks. Even had a Korean poster come on here and say Son had known problems with going through stages of being unfit or overweight and was probably a reason he wasn't starting under Poch.

But then whatever happened over that 2016 pre season was life changing. He was excellent that year.

I think Kane's chance was much easier than both of Bergwijn's chances.

He was unlucky to hit the inside of the post and the other one was at an awkward angle although he should have tested the keeper.

No need to give him stick about it - if that's what all the abuse has been about.

Jose Mourinho says his Tottenham squad win, draw and lose together and will be supporting Steven Bergwijn after he was the subject of abuse on social media.

Jose: We'll support Bergwijn after online abuse

Truly pathetic that some of our own fans would abuse one of our own players. These pathetic manchildren wouldn't dare say a bad word to him if they met him in real life. They'd probably be too afraid to even ask for a picture. Shame on them and whoever brought them up.

Last edited:
We gave Liverpool some stick when they abused their GK and Lovren, rightly so.

Any idiot that dishes out this abuse, directly at players, hidden behind a screen online needs their head looking at and need to assess why their life is so unfulfilled that they feel this is acceptable.

They wouldn't do it in the street, and front up to it, i bet!

I think players should have managed Social Media accounts. Just let the club and/or their PR management handle it.

I don't bother with Twitter or Insta as it's just full of scum and i can't see any good in having players on social media interacting with fans. There's just too many lowlifes around for any good to come of it.

I think players should have managed Social Media accounts. Just let the club and/or their PR management handle it.

I don't bother with Twitter or Insta as it's just full of scum and i can't see any good in having players on social media interacting with fans. There's just too many lowlifes around for any good to come of it.
Couldn’t agree more, Twitter, etc is just full of idiots and faceless trolls. Players (and anyone famous tbh) should bin it. If Twitter ceased to exist tomorrow the world would be a better place.

No doubt the people abusing him online are the pondlife of Spurs fans.
Almost certainly the type who's entire fandom is based online and likely not even in the same country as Spurs.

I can barely look at the comments on the Spurs Facebook page anymore. Just painful.

Jose Mourinho says his Tottenham squad win, draw and lose together and will be supporting Steven Bergwijn after he was the subject of abuse on social media.

Jose: We'll support Bergwijn after online abuse

Truly pathetic that some of our own fans would abuse one of our own players. These pathetic manchildren wouldn't dare say a bad word to him if they met him in real life. They'd probably to afraid to even ask for a picture. Shame on them and whoever brought them up.
Agree about the abuse but is there any proof that it was our fans?

Back
Top Bottom