Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not really looking forward to this.

Can't put my finger on why, it's not that I think we're gonna get beaten or only scrape a draw (although of course we might), I'm not one for having a gut feeling either way before games, just I'm not feeling that pre-game "spark" or whatever it is, where you're counting down the hours and minutes. I just feel sort of flat about the whole thing.

And before anyone says "Mourinho's football", it's nothing at all to do with that.
I've felt a bit like that all season, only time I felt "the spark" was before the NLD, and that was because I was in the ballot for a ticket. I applied for this game too, and since that was rescinded, that flat feeling has returned.

Last edited:
Not nervous about this at all. The games against City, Chelsea and Liverpool have shown we deserve to be mixing it at the top. We don't need to fear any team in this league. Expect us to take out our Anfield frustration on Leicester.
I want to agree with this, but Leicester are not going to be easy to roll over. But I also live in hope - the legacy of being a Spurs supporter for 50+ years.

It's not even about not losing anymore - we can't really afford not to win.

Whilst a draw would see us move into 2nd. It'd mean sharing that place with Everton and likely Man Utd and Man City too.

Make a statement please. Play with some actual swagger and get this job done.

We need to win every home game, this is the only way to keep pace with Liverpool. If we can make WHL a fortress again then we can stay in this race for a while. If our home form stays wobbly then we have no chance.

We need to win every home game, this is the only way to keep pace with Liverpool. If we can make WHL a fortress again then we can stay in this race for a while. If our home form stays wobbly then we have no chance.

I think our chances of winning the title are very slim.

It would be amazing to win the league but I think a top 4 finish would be a very good achievement as well.

I hope the talk of us potentially winning the title won't lead to some fans giving Mourinho stick for finishing 4th and regarding the season as a failure because it wouldn't be at all.

It would be amazing to win the league but I think a top 4 finish would be a very good achievement as well.

I hope the talk of us potentially winning the title won't lead to some fans giving Mourinho stick for finishing 4th and regarding the season as a failure because it wouldn't be at all.
Quite a few here consider Poch to be a failure.

Mourinho has been brought in on a much higher wage, and I’m guessing that’s because we expect him to win it.

Finishing 4th is not a failure as long as we win a cup as well, if we fail to win anything and just get top 4 then I think even Jose would consider it a poor season.

Mourinho has been brought in on a much higher wage, and I’m guessing that’s because we expect him to win it.
I don’t think the league was ever the aim for this year, that might have changed now though seeing how open it has been however I think the aim for this season would have been at least 1 trophy and a route back to the CL whether that is by winning it EL or getting top 4, and then a few more players in for the summer and then the league next season. If we ended up winning the EL and Carabaro cup then surely that is a successful season ? Even top 4 and Carabaro cup would do for me

What do we think? Will Doherty start? Will Bale?
Moura and Berwijn is low in confidence in the attacking sense but worked very hard as a team.

Wouldnt mind Bergwijn start but right now would prefer he came from the bench.
Cant wait to see Aurier plays again but it will be hard to get anything out of Doc if we keep benching him.

A little bit of Vinicus too please.

Pochettino wasn't a failure when you consider his time with us as a whole but a change clearly needed to be made.

£15 million a year is the going rate for Mourinho. If clubs want him, that's what they'll have to pay.

Are fans expecting Mourinho to win the league this year, his first full season at the club, considering the mess we were in when he took over and we haven't won it for 60 years?

I don't think so.

Wanting it to happen is natural but expecting it is something else.

Although Levy has supported Mourinho more in the transfer market than he did with Pochettino, we're still not able to compete with the biggest spenders and because of this I think it's unlikely that Mourinho will win the league with us.

But if he can have us qualifying for the Champions League every year and finally wins us a couple of trophies other than the League Cup then I will regard his time with us as a success.

I don’t think the league was ever the aim for this year, that might have changed now though seeing how open it has been however I think the aim for this season would have been at least 1 trophy and a route back to the CL whether that is by winning it EL or getting top 4, and then a few more players in for the summer and then the league next season. If we ended up winning the EL and Carabaro cup then surely that is a successful season ? Even top 4 and Carabaro cup would do for me
Same here, that would do for me for this year.

But in the long run Mourinho is expected to win it all. Poch‘s top 4 finishes were not considered to be enough and we’re paying Mourinho a lot more.

Pochettino wasn't a failure when you consider his time with us as a whole but a change clearly needed to be made.

£15 million a year is the going rate for Mourinho. If clubs want him, that's what they'll have to pay.

Are fans expecting Mourinho to win the league this year, his first full season at the club, considering the mess we were in when he took over and we haven't won it for 60 years? I don't think so.

Wanting it to happen is natural but expecting it is something else.

Although Levy has supported Mourinho more in the transfer market than he did with Pochettino, we're still not able to compete with the biggest spenders and because of this I think it's unlikely that Mourinho will win the league with us.

But if he can have us qualifying for the Champions League every year and finally wins us a couple of trophies other than the League Cup then I will regard his time with us as a success.
Poch wasn’t a failure for me but there are some who are not satisfied with Poch and his top 4 finishes.

Have a look at the Poch thread in the general football section.

Said all along, I'd accept a treble even if it didn't include the EPL title. :)

Back
Top Bottom