Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think a lot of people are scapegoating Jose here. The players need to take some responsibility as well. Yes I'm sure I'll give 7 people quoting me saying it's dinosaur tactics and all that, but let's face it. We didn't invite Fulham onto us in the 2nd half, I'd estimate possession was about 50/50 overall in the 2nd half. We were just very sloppy with the ball going forward.

Sonny tucks that one in the net instead of hitting the post and we win, that simple.
Second half we are shit but Jose can see this as he saw against wolves palace....but he won't change a thing until the equaliser and then the energy just goes and we don't seem to have anything left to go get another. Just don't know why he won't change it before

I'm fed up with bollocks like "we'll learn from this......"

We've had so many learning experiences this season that if they haven't learnt by now, they never will.

Newcastle, West Ham, Palace, Wolves, Fulham.........10 points thrown away.

Made the mistake of thinking our B players were better than they are. Sanchez and one of Winks / Sissoko can’t be on the pitch together - it becomes ponderous and loses any of the possible pace of counters.

Having said that, Fulham were well-organised and played a good block.

Oh, and we were really bad.

This is becoming tiresome, taking the lead but not coming off the pitch with the three points.

Fair play to Fulham, I thought they looked the most likely to score in the second half, I could see the equaliser coming after five minutes of the second half.

Sisokko on the right never worked for poch and having winks and hojbierg in the middle meant once ndombele went off we had zero creativity

I love Sissoko but gosh he looks relieved when he passes and he is no longer on the ball. Plus even a 5 yard pass looks like it takes monumental concentration.
Still a couple of decent runs into the box tonight.
Yes but a couple of decent runs into the box and then lose possession ending in absolute nothing.

He seems to lose the ability to even pass on nights like this.

We were fucking SHIT tonight. Not Jose’s fault, the players just did not give a fuck.
FUCK SAKES!!!

But it is Jose’s fault cos he picks the team, chooses the tactics and motivates them. I don’t understand why we get 1-0 up and stop doing what we did to get the goal in the first place. Crazy. We genuinely could have won this league

Possession was 50:50 for the whole game.

Fulham outplayed us in the second half.
They did, but that has nothing to do with us "inviting Fulham onto us"

I looked back we had 58% possession at halftime and ended with 53% so possession was probably about equal in the 2nd half.

My point is it's easy to just blame the manager but in reality we had the ball a lot and didn't do anythign with it.

The players are either shit or stupid, or the manager is telling them to play like this.
Where was the attacking subs?
its all the manager, its pretty clear - this is his style and why we admittedly havent conceded a lot of goals in total

its his decision to have a bench like that and not use it

its his decision to start Sissoko in a position he hasnt played for ages, away from the one he actually looks half decent in, then leave him on for the entire game

bored of it

I feel like we've sold our footballing soul to win a cup. He's got to win something playing this style of football or it's just killing us slowly.

It's bullshit.

"Winning" things by being focussed on not conceding.

Yet conceding a goal in 60-90th minute in EVERY fucking game.

Bullshit.

Top sides know they need more goals. And they don't stop trying for 2nd, because "oh we did have some glorious chances, too bad eh" ... They just go on and on. Because should they concede a goal in the proces, they STILL need more goals to win.

That is why attacking football beats defensive football to winning. Every time.

Back
Top Bottom