Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On the plus side, I did a 1-week Amazon trial, 99p, cancelled it just after the game... and have been refunded my 99p. Would still like the 2 hours back, mind...

:mourweird:

bill murray well its groundhog day again GIF

Spurs 1-0 Newcastle
Spurs 1-0 Palace
Spurs 1-0 Wolves
Spurs 1-0 Fulham

Has Jose changed a thing in any of those fixtures after an early goal? How can you back a manager that refuses to recognize his mistakes and course correct accordingly ?
I don't believe he thinks he made mistakes though. I think he feels the team didn't implement his instructions correctly.

That's why players get sick of him after 2-3 years and he leaves every job he's ever had.

Other times we’ve dropped points from a winning position this season you could blame certain players or referees etc. This one is entirely on Jose, terrible team selection and reactionary substitutions. You could see that equaliser coming from a mile away but he waits until the second we concede to make the change.

Agreed. We didn't lose this game because of Son and Kane. We lost it because Jose set out a defensive team that would have VERY limited chances to score because they prefer to tap the ball around a bit rather than attack. The mindset is wrong. It's bloody Fulham FFS.
Even with the lineup we created a ton the first half. The issue is, as always, what happens after we score first.

Spurs 1-0 Newcastle
Spurs 1-0 Palace
Spurs 1-0 Wolves
Spurs 1-0 Fulham

Has Jose changed a thing in any of those fixtures after an early goal? How can you back a manager that refuses to recognize his mistakes and course correct accordingly ?
Wolves by far the worst of that lot. What I noticed I'd after we scored we did Carey on playing the same way and looking for a second but it feels like as soon as Jose got em in at half time he told them to build the bus. We came out and just looked like we would wait for them to come looking for the goal and catch them.

Tottenham's late goals...

teams
goal time​
result​
point-swing​
fulham
74'​
1-1​
2​
wolves
86'​
1-1​
2​
liverpool
90'​
2-1​
1​
palace
81'​
1-1​
2​
lask
93'​
3-3​
2​
west ham
94'​
3-3​
2​
newcastle
97'​
1-1​
2​
To be fair.....West Ham have 2 additional goals that should be included...
Their 94th minute goal should have been a mere consolation, were it not for the 2 they scored adter 82-87 minutes (or whenever the fuck it was!!!!)

Fucking hell Spurs, you do my fucking head in sometimes!

Jose got ROASTED by I think her name is Gabby Logan?
‘Jose is always very keen to remove his team from any talk of winning the title this season well with a performance like that he doesn’t have to say anything, that performance does all the talking.’ I am paraphrasing but that was brutal lol

Haven't hated it this much since avb!
This is much worse than AVB, mate. Under AVB we routinely dominated possession and actually attempted to go and score goals. His vision and ideals were good, he just wasn’t a good enough coach to put it into practice.
What we’re seeing now under Mourinho is just pure, outdated putrid muck.

5 clear cut chances besides the goal but the manager is too blame.
Have you any idea of football?
How many came in the second? Because I can only think of the Son breakaway.

That's not good enough when you are only up one goal. The team sat back because Mourinho instructed them to.

Back
Top Bottom