Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

you needed to speak to united fans to know that. Its been clear to see for a long long time. He won things at united and they still sacked him because as soon as the trophies stop, no one can stand the football, he constantly denies he is playing this way and often blames the players. He will never take responsibility. Maybe if we win the league cup he will hold that in the faces of the fans and the press and rubbish the likes of poch that couldnt win anything. If he doesnt win anything this season, you can bet the same toxic jose will come back. Already seeing signs of it with us. This is only going to end one way, i think he is finished in management to be honest.

All managers bar maybe Sir Alex have a shelf life and can stop winning things. It happened to Matt Busby, to Bill Nicholson, Dalglish, Howard Kendall, Wenger. Mourinho had staggering success across about 8 seasons with Porto, Chavs and Inter up to 2010. It’s been slim pickings for him really since he left Inter in 2010. It was fairly evident for a decade since 2010 that his Midas touch was nowhere near what it once was, yet we still went out and hired. And that’s quite apart from
The fact that every other quick fix job he had, he had close to an unlimited budget with the deepest chequebook.

The problem I have now with Jose is that we are just not improving, we are still the same old Spursy Spurs. The recent succession of lost points and particularly the West Ham game and last night, the Fulham game, clearly demonstrates that whatever Jose is doing, it simply is not working.
He is taking £15 million quid from our club to make a significant difference and it just isn’t happening.

First team was much better. And why throw Bentaleb into the mud? :baleshock:
Haha.

I loved Bentaleb but for that breakthru year he was perfectly managed (both by Sherwood and Poch), I also thought how Poch dealt with him post-injury was also correct (as confirmed by Bentaleb himself) but he is the classic example of a player who was well managed and we/he benefited from that perfectly.

The first team was so, so inexperienced a bunch of kids, who I adored but at that time absolutely none of them were World-class (a term I hate due to it's subjectivity) palyers but many with the potential to be that.

That team was reminiscent of Monaco '17, Ajax '18/19, RedBull 19/20 to name but a few, teams with excellent promising players, in a team set up and managed to play better than the sum of their own parts.

The main problem with yesterday was the line-up, Mourinho needs to stop playing Sissoko in an advanced position, meant we only had 2 natural attacking players on the pitch yet we were playing with a front 3....
Sissoko is good for games when we are gonna have to sit deep because the opposition have better quality players than us in the mid. When we are playing the so called lesser teams, we need to dominate the midfield more in terms of possession, Sissoko isnt the player for that.

This is not the best team Tottenham had recently. 2016/18 was better
The manager made it a good team. In that AVB/ Sherwood shitshow of a season the grief that Rose, Walker, Vertonghen, Dembele were getting was off the scale. It's what good managers do, improve players, mould a team. They'll be players getting slated now that would improve dramatically given a new approach and a bit more trust. Poch didn't inherit a quality ready made team.

Levy does very well for the stadium and the waves but not Hitchen with the scouting.
So many clubs recruit better than us ..

Hitchen gets a lot of stick but players like Grealish and Bruno Fernandes were recommended and the only reason we didn’t sign them is Levy. If Levy doesn’t want to spend the money then you can’t blame the scouting department.

This.

When you see limited teams in this league aiming to actually play football but aren't good enough to win games, you can blame the personnel.

But when you're set up to play awful football in attempt to scrape a win and the same result tends to happen time and time again and you fail to win, that's on the manager.

We are poorly managed.

That's not saying Mourinho is a poor manager. That's something people don't seem to grasp.
Brighton for that first part. Talking to Brighton fans it is all on Potter, not their lacking lineup. Potter does deserve some blame if they are relegated cause he could probably change some things up, but they play like they are us and they had a midfield of Propper and White vs city

Hitchen gets a lot of stick but players like Grealish and Bruno Fernandes were recommended and the only reason we didn’t sign them is Levy. If Levy doesn’t want to spend the money then you can’t blame the scouting department.
i don't blame for grealish or fernandes .
i think only Reguillon and Hojbjerg were useful until now . The rest is a big waste Lo celso included

The main problem with yesterday was the line-up, Mourinho needs to stop playing Sissoko in an advanced position, meant we only had 2 natural attacking players on the pitch yet we were playing with a front 3....
Sissoko is good for games when we are gonna have to sit deep because the opposition have better quality players than us in the mid. When we are playing the so called lesser teams, we need to dominate the midfield more in terms of possession, Sissoko isnt the player for that.
Completely agree. I see the wisdom of playing Sissoko when we expect to be under siege: he has a nonstop motor, he gets back and covers well, he fills defensive gaps quickly and smartly. But it is clear that he has no idea what to do with the ball at his feet. His skills there are extremely limited, and his decision-making is so, so slow.

I don't know what Mou is seeing on the training pitch, and I try to be humble and recognize he has forgotten more football than I will ever know. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. But I know a lot of us looked at that lineup yesterday--three defensive midfielders, one of them out of position at RW, against freaking Mitrovic-less Fulham--and we had a pretty clear idea of the frustrations in front of us. And there they were. And I am really, really struggling to keep giving our manager the benefit of the doubt today.

Completely agree. I see the wisdom of playing Sissoko when we expect to be under siege: he has a nonstop motor, he gets back and covers well, he fills defensive gaps quickly and smartly. But it is clear that he has no idea what to do with the ball at his feet. His skills there are extremely limited, and his decision-making is so, so slow.

I don't know what Mou is seeing on the training pitch, and I try to be humble and recognize he has forgotten more football than I will ever know. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. But I know a lot of us looked at that lineup yesterday--three defensive midfielders, one of them out of position at RW, against freaking Mitrovic-less Fulham--and we had a pretty clear idea of the frustrations in front of us. And there they were. And I am really, really struggling to keep giving our manager the benefit of the doubt today.
with the lineup he put out their anything other than a convincing win was going to put him in the firing line and deservedly so.

He chooses to play Winks, Sissoko, Sanchez, Dier and then blame the team for being bad defensively, what the fucker expect? He has nothing to offer anymore, bad tactics, bad team selection, stuck in the past with his old mentality, refuses to learn with his errors and so on.

I definitely can't see no positive from him by now and the sooner we sack him the better. Also Levy should take blame for him, we could have done a lot better than hire an outdated manager that doesn't have a good work for almost a decade.

I personally am a big Jose fan, we,ve had all these other so called top men at least lets give the guy a fair chance. dont understand all this" beautiful football" that died years ago win as ugly as shit as long as we win. still in with a shout in a few comps, already in one final, lets not be asking for the managers head, im sure the employment of him is a long term statergy by Mr Levy.

My amateur analysis of how we play right now and why we keep loosing points when in the lead or losing games when even (Liverpool).

I think Mourinho requires the players to help their friends in defense a lot, hold positions and not take unnecessary risks with the ball. So when playing the players are afraid of playing with risk. We have seen him put players on the bench for small mistakes and to throw them officially under a bus when making mistakes. This leads to the players playing lower and lower in defense, especially in the lead. And that they don´t go for another goal, because in this competitive series you need to take risks in order to score, and in order to press and defend higher up. The players sink low and don´t keep taking risks in offence because they are afraid of the boss.

This in combination with Mourinho being very tactical, always adapting to the opposition, means that there is no clear, trained in, pattern in how to play in possession, and that no pattern is fixed in the players spine. This is why it sometimes looks lika there are 10 strangers in the first game together, when playing in possession.

This in combination leads to Spurs defending too deep and when winning the ball, hoof it out to the opposition to start attacking again.

Just my take on the missed points in lead and when even, I´m probably way off..

Telling you to top yourself is way out of order.

I think it might be due to the frustration that you are one of a couple of posters who blame absolutely everything on Levy, but give little credit when things go well. In fact, I’m not sure I saw much of you this season until our recent bad run. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Most fans will defend anyone associated with the club, be it players, manager or board. That’s just natural. Sometimes a choice has to made between individuals at the club and just because a lot of people came down on the side of losing the manager, doesn’t make that weird. It’s what happens with every club. There’s not some weird phenomenon only seen at Spurs, it’s just that there’s plenty of us on here that realise the manager carries the can here, as they do at every club on the planet.

I just don’t get the need to apportion blame on one aspect of the club for anything that goes wrong on the pitch. It’s everyone’s fault when it goes wrong and everyone needs praised when it goes well.
No, I've been online in general a lot less for a while now. As well as victories, I wasn't here when we lost to liverpool, Leicester, Some europa team or in some of the dropped pts games either.
So my plan to only come when we lose or disappoint isn't going well.
I also posted all game against marine & Fulham which is foolish as of course we would have beat marine & I genuinely thought we would beat fulham.
If I kept just coming on after we concede or lose etc then Id get your point.
So I've missed good & bad form.
So I think you are very wrong on that!

I also think frustration at someone blaming everything on levy isn't a valid/good reason to personally abuse someone & tell them to top themselves.
I can't imagine getting that nasty because a stranger online criticises a chairman.
Obviously you can understand it & gave reasoning for it. I can't get on board with that. So I think we are both very different.
You must have a lot of hate inside of you to be that nasty just because someone criticizes your clubs chairman.
But as I said, we all different. Different amounts of empathy & coldness. So he is only being himself when he posts abuse & tells people to kill themselves. I am just glad I am not like that & full of hate, ready to unleash it at the slightest thing.

Make that 3 things I disagree with you on ha. I haven't known so many other fans be anywhere near as defensive towards their chairman & owner. & to the extent they personally abuse people & tell them to top themselves if they criticise the owners or chairman. I am sure some do, but not as much as our fans in my opinion. Usually its the opposite. They love certain players & sometimes the manager. & they blame owners & have no real connection to them. So its another agree to disagree.

& as for your not needing to apportion blame comment. Thats fair enough. I can only say how I feel & I feel the owners, levy aren't good enough & nor is jose anymore. So I feel ready for us to try new owners & chairman. I don't think there's anything wrong in me feeling that way.
Equally some love levy & ENIC which is their right, but I am not going to tell them to kill themselves because I feel differently.
& your we all win or all lose together view is fine too. I obviously don't agree. I think its more complex than that. & how would you ever get rid of anyone if they alone aren't to blame.

Also it's interesting you don't like the blame game in football but your all for it when it comes to personal abuse & telling people to commit suicide. Its my fault apparently he behaved like that. You message me but not him I see. You seem more bothered by my way of being a supporter than his abuse & urging me to kill myself.
Why else take issue with me directly but not him hmmm. But to be fair you did say at the start of your post it was out of order him doing it to me.

Anyway. Good we can share different opinions without personal abuse & the urging of the other to kill themselves!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom