Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is the fascinating one.
Is Mourinho trying to get a rise out of Dele so he gets back in the team or does he genuinely want him gone?
Given how shit we look as a unit at the moment, I can't help feel he has to be brought back into the fold to try something different.
I'm so sick of us screwing up every possible forward move.
We didn't look like scoring at all yesterday. We could have played for a week and we wouldn't have scored.

Say it quietly, but Son has looked shit for weeks now.
Prety sure he wants him out, its not like he is being reintegrated, just hauled out for the likes of Marine. Totally agree he should be playing now, he should be walking into this team at the moment.

How long is/was Jose's conntract?

Given the current financial climate in football and the uncertainty, I think Levy is likely to be losing a lot of sleep thinking about paying compo out for sacking one of the best paid managers in world football.

If we didn't sign a single upgrade to the squad in January, paying 2 or 3 years at £15m a year is gonna give Danny boy an anurism probably.

This is where the whole situation in football management needs looking at in my opinion. I am all for people having some job security but it seems a bit strange that if a manager comes in and does a shit job then the only way to get rid of him is to pay him off millions or hope he falls on his sword which of course won’t happen. After all if we did a shit job at work nobody would pay us off a couple of years salary.

This is where the whole situation in football management needs looking at in my opinion. I am all for people having some job security but it seems a bit strange that if a manager comes in and does a shit job then the only way to get rid of him is to pay him off millions or hope he falls on his sword which of course won’t happen. After all if we did a shit job at work nobody would pay us off a couple of years salary.
Agreed. Top flight especially should be full of performance related clauses. I do wonder if we might have done that with Mourinho. The way he celebrated Europa league qualification after the Palace game felt a bit weird.

It's annoyed the fucking fuck out of me for 20 years,
It's very intersting if you watch the old "Football Years" on Sky Sports. As they progress through the seasons, managers resigned. They weren't sacked unless it was a Venables/Graham scenario where there was gross misconduct.
As the salaries have improved and compensation packages introduced, the idea of a manager, failing to do their job resigning, has vaished.
Who was the last manager to resign from a Premier League job?
Funny feeling it was Santani?
That was 17 years ago.

Just another example of the press not really watching games.......

we could well be 10th by this time next week though, I imagine they will respond to that.
Considering the shit that OGS, Arteta and Lampard got when they had runs which were like this, the total silence from the media on our recent turmoil is incredible.

It's very intersting if you watch the old "Football Years" on Sky Sports. As they progress through the seasons, managers resigned. They weren't sacked unless it was a Venables/Graham scenario where there was gross misconduct.
As the salaries have improved and compensation packages introduced, the idea of a manager, failing to do their job resigning, has vaished.
That was 17 years ago.
Mark Hughes from Fulham? About ten years ago.

Levy invested the clubs money on Jose, not his

they might not have taken money out, but they have basically borrowed money to fund their initial investment (and subsequent eg stadium) and now sit on an asset worth c.£1BN. Will that profit not be taken?
That's a good point tbf.

As it stands the stadium is worth about £1bn. If they were to sell now, obviously the debt would be taken into account.
If they sell in the future then of course they will make a large profit.

The new stadium will increase our revenue and make us more competitive in the transfer market, once fans are allowed back.
It's a good thing for THFC.

Hard to think why anyone on a well paid contract would ever resign. If you're under-performing you just wait for the sack and the cash - obvious really. Unless there was some sort of gross misconduct charge which meant it could get messy I guess.

It's very interesting if you watch the old "Football Years" on Sky Sports. As they progress through the seasons, managers resigned. They weren't sacked unless it was a Venables/Graham scenario where there was gross misconduct.
As the salaries have improved and compensation packages introduced, the idea of a manager, failing to do their job resigning, has vanished.
That was 17 years ago.
Interesting, but thats right it used to be much more common. I found this from 2017 - Moyes. Not sure if it was the last one though. To be honest I didn't have any memory of Moyes being at Sunderland!

Well, he doesn't know how to beat Fulham, Palace, West Ham, Liverpool, Everton, Brighton, Leicester

What does he win? Scratchcards?
I dunno what choice we've got...

Will we be any better off? He's got Ndombele playing nicely and Son and Harry have been playing out of their minds for large parts of the season. We're in a cup final and still in all the cups. I'm not calling for his head. But I'm not gonna argue that the football we've been playing has been a treat to watch.

I dunno what choice we've got...

Will we be any better off? He's got Ndombele playing nicely and Son and Harry have been playing out of their minds for large parts of the season. We're in a cup final and still in all the cups. I'm not calling for his head. But I'm not gonna argue that the football we've been playing has been a treat to watch.
Yes we'll be better off. We've finished top 6 for 11 years on the trot, generally getting high 60's in points. That is under managers as poor as AVB and Sherwood. I pretty much guarantee any new manager could do what Mourinho has done whilst playing better football. Its not like we're improving or he's blooding a load of youngsters and building something .

I have given Daniel Levy plenty of praise for things he has been responsible for over the years.

The achievements you mentioned are not because of Daniel Levy.

Daniel Levy did not get us to the Champions League final. That was the result of a miracle performed by Mauricio Pochettino using a squad that had received ZERO investment in 18 months.

Daniel Levy did not get us to the League Cup final this season, unless he rigged the draw to give us one of the easiest routes to the final possible.

And being top of the league for a couple of weeks, is that honestly an achievement in your eyes? I’m a glass half full guy but Jesus Christ man.

And I’ll ask you a third time and maybe you’ll answer, who appointed Jose Mourinho, the man you blame for our current problems?
If you bothered to read my replies properly, you'll see that I have already answered that question.
I'll answer it for the 2nd time here: Levy.

Who appointed Pochettino?

Who backed Pochettino to the tune of nearly £100m per year?

Who backed Pochettino when he didn't want a DOF?

Who refused players during the 18 months of no signings?

How long is/was Jose's conntract?

Given the current financial climate in football and the uncertainty, I think Levy is likely to be losing a lot of sleep thinking about paying compo out for sacking one of the best paid managers in world football.

If we didn't sign a single upgrade to the squad in January, paying 2 or 3 years at £15m a year is gonna give Danny boy an anurism probably.
If Harry says “I’m not happy” 15m becomes completely insignificant....

I've seen several tweets in this direction. Different number of tweets, all pointing towards a roughly 70% saying Jose out. Here's mine.

I really tried, I really did - but with football not seen since Gooner George, no more excuses that it’s not his team, no attacking plan, defensively increasingly worsening. Thank you and goodbye Jose!

That's a good point tbf.

As it stands the stadium is worth about £1bn. If they were to sell now, obviously the debt would be taken into account.
If they sell in the future then of course they will make a large profit.

The new stadium will increase our revenue and make us more competitive in the transfer market, once fans are allowed back.
It's a good thing for THFC.
That business case has been trashed - I reckon we lost c.50M in revenue from cancelled concerts, NFL, boxing alone last summer. Include 30 home games and that’s got to be around 250m

If stadiums aren’t full by the start of next season, we are fvcked. Chuck in no CL for two seasons and it’s a gaping whole bigger than Jordan’s cunt

no CL is what we makes me think the Portuguese dwarf will be gone this time next week. Sacking him will cost far less than losing CL money again

I am also very suspicious of a coach who can't work with dele. Dele is more important to tottenham then a dinosaur coach who will be sacked anyway

Well, I agree that Alli might be valuable asset.

But you make him sound like a role-model professional... while he was almost non-presence under Pochettino as well.
It is not like there would be no issue with the player and coach would just be f**ing him over, while actually there are serious questionmarks over his ability. It has been pointed out over and over again what he lacks as a player fundamentally, but some people just seem to forcefully shut their eyes and ears and yell "It is just bad manager, Dele is perfect. There is nothing wrong with him!!"

I actually would assume that Alli in fact will be sold within 12 month, even if we'd get his best friend as our manager.
I hope he puts in an effort, improves and contributes to the team - it would make me happy, but I don't think we will see this actually happening

That business case has been trashed - I reckon we lost c.50M in revenue from cancelled concerts, NFL, boxing alone last summer. Include 30 home games and that’s got to be around 250m

If stadiums aren’t full by the start of next season, we are fvcked. Chuck in no CL for two seasons and it’s a gaping whole bigger than Jordan’s cunt

no CL is what we makes me think the Portuguese dwarf will be gone this time next week. Sacking him will cost far less than losing CL money again
All true.

I'm not sure on your view on the stadium. Are you saying it was a bad move to build it ?

All true.

I'm not sure on your view on the stadium. Are you saying it was a bad move to build it ?
Nope. Two points - they didn’t fund it, the club did. It had a solid biz case pre Covid.... but who knows whether that will mean it’s a good or a bad move. If it’s half empty for three years with no other events it’s a terrible move

Back
Top Bottom