Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eh ?

So let me guess this right.
When we are doing well, it's fuck all to do with Levy
When we are shite, it's all because of Levy.

Got it.
I have given Daniel Levy plenty of praise for things he has been responsible for over the years.

The achievements you mentioned are not because of Daniel Levy.

Daniel Levy did not get us to the Champions League final. That was the result of a miracle performed by Mauricio Pochettino using a squad that had received ZERO investment in 18 months.

Daniel Levy did not get us to the League Cup final this season, unless he rigged the draw to give us one of the easiest routes to the final possible.

And being top of the league for a couple of weeks, is that honestly an achievement in your eyes? I’m a glass half full guy but Jesus Christ man.

And I’ll ask you a third time and maybe you’ll answer, who appointed Jose Mourinho, the man you blame for our current problems?

I wonder how Harry feels about all this? He’s an X Factor here and despite not being that sort of guy, ultimately has a lot of power at this club.

My feeling is that if he text Daniel Levy saying “me and the boys aren’t happy”, Jose would be gone within 3 days as we can’t afford to have him contemplating his future here......

I have to say, looking at the media and headlines...... Has anyone reported he might be at risk or in danger of getting the sack?

The fans might be the only ones thinking Jose will be sacked.

I have to say, looking at the media and headlines...... Has anyone reported he might be at risk or in danger of getting the sack?

The media love him, he gives them sound bites etc. They probably realise if he gets sacked here then he’s finished, and no more decent quotes for them in the future

I wonder how Harry feels about all this? He’s an X Factor here and despite not being that sort of guy, ultimately has a lot of power at this club.

My feeling is that if he text Daniel Levy saying “me and the boys aren’t happy”, Jose would be gone within 3 days as we can’t afford to have him contemplating his future here......
100% they've already downed tools. If son and Kane go in there saying look this isn't working for us, Jose must go immediately, caretaker manager will end of the season and think of our options.

Shows how far our stock has fallen in the last 18 months. Bloody Alan Smith saying if we win the league cup it will be a good season for us the patronising pillock. 9 pts from 9 games and anyone at a big club should be under pressure.

100% they've already downed tools. If son and Kane go in there saying look this isn't working for us, Jose must go immediately, caretaker manager will end of the season and think of our options.
Levy is determined Kane is staying, and he has snared him on a long enough deal. Son holds a lot more power with a contract that has 2 years left to run.

jose can't play any other way, he won't survive the week with a loss to chelsea and a draw or loss to west brom. and what better sweet way to end his residency and management career with a thrashing by pep's man city, by this time already 10 plus points from top 4 and 10th or worse in the league table.
Well exactly if we play shit but he gets sacked then at least the nightmare is over.

Whereas if we play well get the results well that's good because that's all I want for Tottenham to win.

Can’t we ditch this useless twat already? Another abject performance, with probably more pain to come Thursday. As if the world wasn’t shit enough already we’ve got this utter cnut in charge. 🤦‍♂️

How long is/was Jose's conntract?

Given the current financial climate in football and the uncertainty, I think Levy is likely to be losing a lot of sleep thinking about paying compo out for sacking one of the best paid managers in world football.

If we didn't sign a single upgrade to the squad in January, paying 2 or 3 years at £15m a year is gonna give Danny boy an anurism probably.

Just another example of the press not really watching games.......

we could well be 10th by this time next week though, I imagine they will respond to that.

How long is/was Jose's conntract?

Given the current financial climate in football and the uncertainty, I think Levy is likely to be losing a lot of sleep thinking about paying compo out for sacking one of the best paid managers in world football.

If we didn't sign a single upgrade to the squad in January, paying 2 or 3 years at £15m a year is gonna give Danny boy an anurism probably.
We might well not be signing anyone because the board knows Mourinho wont be here next season. If they had faith Alli would be sold.

Weird the press seem to be ignoring it. A lot of mates covering his arse.
I'd expect a bit more gossip about it, but maybe the club are briefing the press that his job is safe.
Despite the awful football and form, we're still in 4 competitions and 6th in the league with a game in hand. The fundamentals in Mourinho's contract are probably still being met i.e. progressing in Europe and remaining within touching distance of top 4. We can expect sacking rumours to blossom rapidly once that changes.

We might well not be signing anyone because the board knows Mourinho wont be here next season. If they had faith Alli would be sold.
This is the fascinating one.
Is Mourinho trying to get a rise out of Dele so he gets back in the team or does he genuinely want him gone?
Given how shit we look as a unit at the moment, I can't help feel he has to be brought back into the fold to try something different.
I'm so sick of us screwing up every possible forward move.
We didn't look like scoring at all yesterday. We could have played for a week and we wouldn't have scored.

Say it quietly, but Son has looked shit for weeks now.

I would say the AVB at the end was just as bad if not worse but it’s very much like that now.
I would agree with this, however, the context in which I review his period with us is one of improvement, we were a better team than the won he took over from. The results he got was an improvement on the previous regime.

Under the dino we are going backwards, results and performances are simply worse.

Back
Top Bottom