Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

one last thing before I go to bed. I'm starting to see scary parrallels to his time at United

At the start of the 2018-19 season many United fans were saying the same thing.

- Players eg. Luke Shaw/Paul Pogba falling out with the manager
- Not starting his best players and changing the lineup too much
- When you watch the team you can't understand the tactics
- Either a very defensive approach or an all attack when that goes wrong which leaves you extremly vunerable to the counter

I compare this to now :

- Dele / Aurier
- Sissoko at RWB , playing 3 ATB when it clearly doesnt suit us
- Someone explain the tactics other than play it long and hope that one of our star players bails us out
- Watch the game and you'll see how open we were in the 2nd half.

Hopefully his time is coming to an end because I can't stand much more of this trash.

Do the “adults” engage in pseudo intellectual conversation on football and swing their opinions on a string of “bad” results?

The past 5 pages have been full of awfully substantiated arguments , posters talking out of their asses and putting their agenda above of the Club.

Not even gonna bother about you calling me a kid, cos that’ll make me even more of a pathetic cunt than I am for replying to you.

Using the word 'spastic' says everything about you.

You're a fucking low life piece of shit. Might impress your friends with a combined IQ of 12, but comments like that are used by children and morons.

The coaching is basically defensive organisation, and giving attacking players the autonomy to go figure it out. That's okay when you have Kane, Reguilon, Gio, even Aurier. Not so much when you have elderly Bale, Davies and Sissoko occupying those roles. He's completely reliant on top class players going out and just doing stuff, when they're gone there is no plan.

On the season: We'll chug along and finish between 4-8 and contest a few cups, find it really hard to see Levy sacking him unless we lose five in a row or something mad.

This last year-plus has been a bit flat given our competitive trajectory in recent years, but good decisions over the next year could leave us in a position to contend again. Really hope they get it right, not fully confident they will. We need 3 or 4 high quality starters and a freshening of our squad players no matter who the manager is.

The two complications I worry about re: moving on:

1) What does it mean for our finances? We know that covid is wreaking havoc on our bottom line. Can we afford to pay Jose and his staff, *and* his new staff, *and* actually have money for signings this summer?

2) Kane has never been shy about saying he's here for as long as he believes the club matches his ambitions. If we dump Jose and move into what seems like a new project, will he perceive that as a step backward and demand a sale?
Haven't you heard ?

It's easy to do transfers, dump our shite and buy new players. That's it.

The following factors have no impact on transfers:
Covid
Empty stadium
Nobody willing to buy our shite
Nobody having the money to buy our shite (see point 1 and 2)
Price of player
Wages of player
Do they want to move clubs
Do they want to come to Spurs.

At least, that's what I've been told on here.

Haven't you heard ?

It's easy to do transfers, dump our shite and buy new players. That's it.

The following factors have no impact on transfers:
Covid
Empty stadium
Nobody willing to buy our shite
Nobody having the money to buy our shite (see point 1 and 2)
Price of player
Wages of player
Do they want to move clubs
Do they want to come to Spurs.

At least, that's what I've been told on here.

Other teams do it but I guess it is just Spurs that are in a special case,

Keep coming up with more excuses why Spurs can't do what other clubs do.

Other teams do it but I guess it is just Spurs that are in a special case,

Keep coming up with more excuses why Spurs can't do what other clubs do.
Yeah, after all we've never signed or sold a player before.

Woolwich have had to cancel contracts on 2 of their players and have bought in one on loan.

The Dippers are desperate for a CB, they haven't got one and look like having to settle for some nobody from the Champo. As Klopp sai, there's none of quality available (paraphrasing)

But you're right, it's easy to buy and sell players.

Yeah, after all we've never signed or sold a player before.

Woolwich have had to cancel contracts on 2 of their players and have bought in one on loan.

The Dippers are desperate for a CB, they haven't got one and look like having to settle for some nobody from the Champo. As Klopp sai, there's none of quality available (paraphrasing)

But you're right, it's easy to buy and sell players.

Yes it is easy, it why every team (bar us for two windows) do it every year. Even in the middle of Covid last year.

The crying about how tough it is is flat out BS.

Maybe he should try looking behind the sofa... that's where I found my remote control tonight (too late to turn that shite off... had to use my foot through the screen instead!)

Which reminds me, 'losing the dressing room' is such a common thing nowadays... I really think they should all give the players a crayon each (or ask an appropriate adult to heelp tham with the spooling) and write down who it is exactly they'd like... that they'd play for, that they'd respect...
whoever gets the most votes, wins!

Unfortunately, none of them can spell, so we'll end up with AK&🤞0*GJI2N😃DL&$KJL🤘in charge!
You're on form tonight, sweetie, keep 'em coming :adesalute:

But we've won next to nothing in 20 years! Surely that has something to do with Levy?
Of course, but so does the good things (not great, but good) that he's done.
We've been here and done this many times, so I'll save us both a shite load of time.

You post:
Low net spend
Lack of backing
Lack of trophies
Levy only interested in profit.

I post:
Poch spent nearly £100m per year on players
New stadium
The accounts that show that Levy/Enic have taken next to nothing out of the club.
Levy invested in Jose, both in players and wages.

And round and round we go.
The only new factor is Covid affecting every clubs bottom line.

2009 - 4 [Re]
2010 - 5 [Re]
2011 - 4 [Re]
2012 - 5 [Vi]
2013 - 6 [Vi/Sh]
2014 - 5 [Po]
2015 - 3 [Po]
2016 - 2 [Po]
2017 - 3 [Po]
2018 - 4 [Po]
2019 - 6 [Po/Mo]
2020 - 6 [Mo/?]

Mourinho can't expect to last long with this quality...

Last edited:
Yes it is easy, it why every team (bar us for two windows) do it every year. Even in the middle of Covid last year.

The crying about how tough it is is flat out BS.
Of course it is.
:harrylol:

Why haven't the Dippers signed a top class CB ?

I mean, they're reigning PL champions, won the CL recently, have more money than us, have a higher reputation than us, it should be easier for them to buy one, right ?

Of course it is.

I mean, they're reigning PL champions, won the CL recently, have more money than us, have a higher reputation than us, it should be easier for them to buy one, right ?
That’s a different situation. If they sign a top CB now, when everyone is healthy they will have too many on the senior squad. On top of that, they have spent a lot building the squad they have and are rumored to be saving for something big in the summer.

I don’t think we need that many new players. Remember to start the season how happy we all were with the squad and depth? If everyone in the squad is playing worse than their normal, it’s the manager. Not the players.

That’s a different situation. If they sign a top CB now, when everyone is healthy they will have too many on the senior squad. On top of that, they have spent a lot building the squad they have and are rumored to be saving for something big in the summer.

I don’t think we need that many new players. Remember to start the season how happy we all were with the squad and depth? If everyone in the squad is playing worse than their normal, it’s the manager. Not the players.
Which was my point.

There are a lot of factors which influence a transfer and it's not as easy as some people think.
If it was they'd just go and sign a top lad.

Of course it is.

My guess is because they aren't looking for a top class CB knowing that VVD and Gomez are coming back and they are still in CL and top 4 so have no need to panic. Plus, Klopp is a guy that loves "his guys" and likes to build a culture around togetherness so he is likely more willing to play the guys they have over some other managers.

They are in a totally different spot to us and are a pretty terrible comparison.

As for us and it being hard to get guys, do you think there will be no transfers this summer? There wasn't last year in the middle of Covid so assuming there will be none this year is a little silly.

For this window, Atheltico had a need for a striker they brought in Moussa Dembele, Wolves needed one brought in Jose. Doesn't seem hard for them are they special cases? Can they do stuff that we can't?

For this summer I have mentioned Olise has a reported 8 million release clause, I don't think that breaks the bank. He is better than either Lamela or Moura right now and offers us something we don't have on our team right now, creativity and youth on the wings. He is also HG so I know you won't be able to resist that with how much you bleat on about how tough HG is to get.

Or what about talking to Norwich? They have 3 players that should be of great interest to us Aarons, Buendia and Cantwell. We just had Skipp have a great season with them so should have a decent, if not great relationship with them. Lets build on that and see if we can work something out with them. If money is tight perhaps we look at something like we did with KWP and PEH. When they were last up in the PL they were killed in the middle of the field because of their young, inexperienced MF, perhaps we could offer them a guy like Winks, who doesn't help us in our top 4 aspirations, but would be great for them trying to stay up in the PL. We could then make the money easier by offsetting the cost of the guy/s we want with Winks value plus they don't feel gutted losing good players.

Likewise why not some similar creative thinking with a team like Milan? They had interest in Aurier last year now he has had what most people thought was a better season this year, so maybe we revist that with the idea of getting a guy like Leao. Now we can lower the price that we have to spend in dollars but get a guy who can fill in for Kane when out and play in a front 3.

Not sure if either specific deal works but the idea behind them is what matters more. Sure Covid makes things tougher than normal and we can't just splash unlimited cash but why not look for creative ways to make things happen?

We don't need to go buy Messi, Mbappe, Ramos, Lewandowski and Sabitzer while spending 300 millions there are moves that can be made that don't break the bank.

And even if you want to say that it is so hard, we want to be a top level, world class football team, shouldn't there be some difficulty in that? Isn't that part of the job in running a team with CL aspirations that you might have to actual put in a little effort to get there. Not sure it should just be like us going to pick up some apples at the corner store. Part of the job should be that you make the "hard" stuff easy by your excellence and planning.

My guess is because they aren't looking for a top class CB knowing that VVD and Gomez are coming back and they are still in CL and top 4 so have no need to panic. Plus, Klopp is a guy that loves "his guys" and likes to build a culture around togetherness so he is likely more willing to play the guys they have over some other managers.
So some other factor that impacts them signing a top player.
Glad you agree with me.
As for us and it being hard to get guys, do you think there will be no transfers this summer? There wasn't last year in the middle of Covid so assuming there will be none this year is a little silly.

For this window, Atheltico had a need for a striker they brought in Moussa Dembele, Wolves needed one brought in Jose. Doesn't seem hard for them are they special cases? Can they do stuff that we can't?
I never said we won't sign anyone.
We needed a striker, we signed one, we're not using him.
For this summer I have mentioned Olise has a reported 8 million release clause, I don't think that breaks the bank. He is better than either Lamela or Moura right now and offers us something we don't have on our team right now, creativity and youth on the wings. He is also HG so I know you won't be able to resist that with how much you bleat on about how tough HG is to get.
Better in your opinion.
If he's as good as you say (I don't know, haven't seen him) then other clubs will be in for him.
Does he a) want to leave b) want to come to us or c) will other clubs offer him more.

Or what about talking to Norwich? They have 3 players that should be of great interest to us Aarons, Buendia and Cantwell. We just had Skipp have a great season with them so should have a decent, if not great relationship with them. Lets build on that and see if we can work something out with them. If money is tight perhaps we look at something like we did with KWP and PEH. When they were last up in the PL they were killed in the middle of the field because of their young, inexperienced MF, perhaps we could offer them a guy like Winks, who doesn't help us in our top 4 aspirations, but would be great for them trying to stay up in the PL. We could then make the money easier by offsetting the cost of the guy/s we want with Winks value plus they don't feel gutted losing good players.

See my above answer re these 3 players.
Does Winks want to leave, will he want to go to them, can they afford his wages. Will Norwich want him.
Likewise why not some similar creative thinking with a team like Milan? They had interest in Aurier last year now he has had what most people thought was a better season this year, so maybe we revist that with the idea of getting a guy like Leao. Now we can lower the price that we have to spend in dollars but get a guy who can fill in for Kane when out and play in a front 3.
See my above answers.
And even if you want to say that it is so hard, we want to be a top level, world class football team, shouldn't there be some difficulty in that? Isn't that part of the job in running a team with CL aspirations that you might have to actual put in a little effort to get there. Not sure it should just be like us going to pick up some apples at the corner store. Part of the job should be that you make the "hard" stuff easy by your excellence and planning.
So you agree that it's not easy. Cool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom