Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

100%. There are only so many players you can freeze out and slaughter before the squad turns. Happened everywhere he's been.
What got me first thinking this was a few weeks back when Kane backed up what Mourinho had said before - that he tells his teams to be more attack minded (or words to that affect).

YET, the players are almost always being negative, so either Kane/Jose lied or the players couldn't give a toss playing for him.
At one stage today in the first half we had the ball on the edge of their area, yet it ended up being passed back all the way to Hugo?!

Mrs P. Like me you have been through the last 30/40 years of Spurs. Have you ever felt that any sequence of performances has ever been this bad, of this low a level, with so little fight ? Even in the 90’s..... this season the results were propping up some woeful performances, now the results have gone I honestly don’t remember anything this bad for this long. Even the 2 points from 8 had better performances. Not results / points - purely performances I question.
I wasn't expecting scintillating football at the beginning, knowing Jose's penchant for building from the back and I was happy for him to sort out he defence first. I'm not one to fixate on tactics (most of it goes over my head, TBH), but I just can't understand why we have one of the best forwards in the world tracking back! Just can't see it getting better, which really hurts. It is awful, no question about that.

I’m wondering how he managed to do that. Just saying that the team hasn’t followed his instructions or that the team played bad doesn’t justify that the players have turned their back on him. He didn’t seemed to have pissed the team leaders off either. So how the fuck did it happen so quick?

Or actually if you paid attention last season we were limp bar a few games but people put the blame on Kane and Son injuries and Mourinho got the free pass.
Yeah from Chelsea at home until lockdown we were abysmal, as bad as now. Even to the extent i thought if the season had finished on time with fans in the stadium it might have been game over for him then. I really wanted and hoped things would get better, no one wanted to be proved right but my mind was 100% made up on Thursday. Today just confirms it.

Still not sure about that, no guarantee that his replacement would be any better. Can't see Daniel admitting that he has made a huge mistake by appointing him in the first place. Think he is here, at least until end of the season.

I can't imagine that the results are likely to be much worse.

in the 10 years before Jose we the lowest we finished was 6th with 3 different managers , it isn't like we had a short period of quality under one guy and bad results outside of that. It seems pretty clear that we are now a top 6 club unless something goes really bad.

Was is almost a guarantee to be better is the style of football and enjoyment watching the team. If the new guy comes in and all he gets us is the 6th place finishes Jose had and currently has, but the team is actually fun to watch that is a big upgrade in my books.

And it is highly unlikely they do any worse than the last year and a half have been under Jose.

It looks to me that Jose has 'lost' the dressing room.
I have a bad feeling that he's about to lose the dressing room
Looks to me that he already has.
Maybe he should try looking behind the sofa... that's where I found my remote control tonight (too late to turn that shite off... had to use my foot through the screen instead!)

Which reminds me, 'losing the dressing room' is such a common thing nowadays... I really think they should all give the players a crayon each (or ask an appropriate adult to heelp tham with the spooling) and write down who it is exactly they'd like... that they'd play for, that they'd respect...
whoever gets the most votes, wins!

Unfortunately, none of them can spell, so we'll end up with AK&🤞0*GJI2N😃DL&$KJL🤘in charge!

Maybe he should try looking behind the sofa... that's where I found my remote control tonight (too late to turn that shite off... had to use my foot through the screen instead!)

Which reminds me, 'losing the dressing room' is such a common thing nowadays... I really think they should all give the players a crayon each (or ask an appropriate adult to heelp tham with the spooling) and write down who it is exactly they'd like... that they'd play for, that they'd respect...
whoever gets the most votes, wins!

Unfortunately, none of them can spell, so we'll end up with AK&🤞0*GJI2N😃DL&$KJL🤘in charge!
A lot of truth in what you are saying. as fuming as I am at Jose, there are professional players being paid to at least match the opposition for effort, not an expectation that their abilities should match. There is no honest debate possible without accepting that the players too have now down tools for two managers straight.

I'm not sure what you're going on about. We easily could've played with Aurier-Sanchez-Toby-Dier-Davies. I'm quite sure Sanchez/Toby/Dier have played together several times. Playing Doherty at LWB was lunacy, he is garbage even at his preferred RWB position.
And I saw how great they looked against Brighton

So I've come to the conclusion that this week is critical (and probably the FA Cup game)
I think he's fighting for his job now

If he is fighting for his job the players might give a bit more effort and we might get the results which is of course a positive.
BUT if they don't and we play poorly and lose etc.. I think he might be done

Either way for those who are Mourinho OUT its a sort of win-win

By the way Levy has backed Mourinho far more than he did Poch.

9 signings in 2 windows.
He's had the backing so its down to him and his squad . Can't even blame ENIC on this one.

I have been following Jose for a long time mainly because I love his honesty and that he wears his heart on his sleeve for everyone to see. The one thing I have against Jose is the fact that he tries to be a friend to the players rather than the boss. This is good when things are going well, but when things don't go your way how to you go from friend to boss? Your 'friend' will expect you to defend him and stick by him and since there are 20+ 'friends' all hell breaks lose when things go wrong. This is his one big failure. ALl the great bosses like Ferguson, Revie, Clough ... they make sure you know who's boss.

The two complications I worry about re: moving on:

1) What does it mean for our finances? We know that covid is wreaking havoc on our bottom line. Can we afford to pay Jose and his staff, *and* his new staff, *and* actually have money for signings this summer?

2) Kane has never been shy about saying he's here for as long as he believes the club matches his ambitions. If we dump Jose and move into what seems like a new project, will he perceive that as a step backward and demand a sale?

Back
Top Bottom