Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still not sure about that, no guarantee that his replacement would be any better. Can't see Daniel admitting that he has made a huge mistake by appointing him in the first place. Think he is here, at least until end of the season.
Mrs P. Like me you have been through the last 30/40 years of Spurs. Have you ever felt that any sequence of performances has ever been this bad, of this low a level, with so little fight ? Even in the 90’s..... this season the results were propping up some woeful performances, now the results have gone I honestly don’t remember anything this bad for this long. Even the 2 points from 8 had better performances. Not results / points - purely performances I question.

Mrs P. Like me you have been through the last 30/40 years of Spurs. Have you ever felt that any sequence of performances has ever been this bad, of this low a level, with so little fight ? Even in the 90’s..... this season the results were propping up some woeful performances, now the results have gone I honestly don’t remember anything this bad for this long. Even the 2 points from 8 had better performances.

I would say the AVB at the end was just as bad if not worse but it’s very much like that now.

In some ways, I wish the stadium was full of supporters, as i'm sure Levy would be getting the message pretty fucking quick that there's something seriously wrong with this team.

Fortunately for Jose, he is having an easy ride with no fans to throw abuse at him and the crowd making their feelings known at the final whistle.
Although I really miss going to games, I'm glad I haven't had to put up with watching the recent performances and that I'm not paying good money to do so. I love this club so much, but the way things are panning out, they are breaking my heart.

Question is though, how bad can it get? It got really bad under Poch and he was the quiet type, if we hit that kind of form under Jose (which it looks like we are) then I can see it getting VERY toxic.
Very bad I’d say. It was the 3-0 loss at Brighton last season that pretty much sealed Pochettino’s fate even if he did limp on for 4 more games. Levy was presumably working out his grand plan and the deal to get Mourinho in, judging by the indecent haste with which Jose was rolled out once the axe fell. We followed up that loss at Brighton with a home draw to bottom of the table Watford and didn’t win any of those last 4 games.

I’d fully expect Chavs with a new manager bounce to roll us over. West Brom will fancy their chances too next weekend, even though they are 2nd bottom with only 2 wins all season. Next two after that are City away and Spammers away.

To deny that he is complicit is just ridiculous though.
Who hired Mourinho? When every man and his dog knew it was an absolutely horrendous appointment and 99.9% of Spurs fans knew deep down that it would just never, ever work out.
Not to mention who has been responsible for the horrific squad management over the last number of years?
For sure Mourinho should go, but to exonerate Levy of any blame for this shambles is just laughable.
You mean the £450m Poch had to spend ?

Duncan Ferguson is someone who actually love the club tho , he makes way for ancelotti
OGS knows he is inept & united definitely deserve a better manager but persist with the position for the sake of money, could and should have been sacked multiple times already if their owners had any standard

But enough talk about united, let them stay trophyless , in this season we are actually only lost 4 times in the league , 2x to reigning champion Liverpool , only city and Liverpool lost less
I believe Levy can see the progress and can see where the problem lies , he will without a doubt , stick with mourinho for a time beings
Can you see any progress?
A 5th defeat, to a club trying to avoid relagation, who totally schooled us.

6th defeat this Thursday incoming!
Progress my ass

I'm genuinely worried about Thursday.

There's a team that saw things weren't working, acted upon it and could reap the rewards. Whilst we now find ourselves in a similar situation they were in previously. Strong start to the season until a wobble has seen us in contention for a title to then in contention for top 4 to falling further away from it as the games go on...

We lose that and it's 3 league losses on the bounce.... West Brom suddenly doesn't sound so appealing against Big Sam. And I don't even want to think about Man City away in a few weeks time.

It looks to me that Jose has 'lost' the dressing room.
I’m wondering how he managed to do that. Just saying that the team hasn’t followed his instructions or that the team played bad doesn’t justify that the players have turned their back on him. He didn’t seemed to have pissed the team leaders off either. So how the fuck did it happen so quick?

Or actually if you paid attention last season we were limp bar a few games but people put the blame on Kane and Son injuries and Mourinho got the free pass.

Back
Top Bottom