Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doesn’t matter who the manager is. We need a change behind the scenes. Get a proper director of football and scouting in. Ditch the shit in the squad, be prepared to take a loss on them Levy and go from there.

In terms of the squad though we don’t need much more. A good CB, a decent DM cover (Skipp), a RB upgrade and maybe another AM and then clear out the deadwood. Mourinho cannot blame this on the squad we had a very good window and I am normally a Levy critic.

Changed my vote to "No"

Every team loses games games, but for too long now we have not shown any fight, passion or attacking intent.
Boring, tepid, cowardly football.

I predict that the "Levy Out" brigade will be in full force but, come on, you can't blame the above on him.
To deny that he is complicit is just ridiculous though.
Who hired Mourinho? When every man and his dog knew it was an absolutely horrendous appointment and 99.9% of Spurs fans knew deep down that it would just never, ever work out.
Not to mention who has been responsible for the horrific squad management over the last number of years?
For sure Mourinho should go, but to exonerate Levy of any blame for this shambles is just laughable.

Doesn’t matter who the manager is. We need a change behind the scenes. Get a proper director of football and scouting in. Ditch the shit in the squad, be prepared to take a loss on them Levy and go from there.

Exactly this.

We have so much of the players who just "are here" but do very little - Lamela, Moura and Sanchez are first names that come to mind. They have been here under different managers and they have been shit in grand scheme of things.

There are some who we can keep as 2nd or 3rd choice, who should not get much plaiying time - like Winks, Davies and Dier. But my god we have so many of players who should have left ages ago.

Big cleanup + rebuild needed. Has to start with hierarchy and DoF.

Still not sure about that, no guarantee that his replacement would be any better. Can't see Daniel admitting that he has made a huge mistake by appointing him in the first place. Think he is here, at least until end of the season.
Question is though, how bad can it get? It got really bad under Poch and he was the quiet type, if we hit that kind of form under Jose (which it looks like we are) then I can see it getting VERY toxic.

I have a feeling that him and his missus are seperated and with the loss of his father a few years back, he has become rudderless.

For this to play out once, you would overlook it, twice you would raise and eyebrow, and those in his immediate circle, must of rasied concerns, but for it to happen a fourth time, the guy needs his head checked out.

Everythings OK lads..................."He leaves with a positive feeling, which is a good thing for him"

1tl0ns.gif

So telling...... He's a canny operator.

Throwing phrases like "For the last 30 minutes, I saw a team that was willing to fight and give everything....."

Last thing he wants is the media running stories that he's lost the dressing room so he's throwing little bits in there.

To deny that he is complicit is just ridiculous though.
Who hired Mourinho? When every man and his dog knew it was an absolutely horrendous appointment and 99.9% of Spurs fans knew deep down that it would just never, ever work out.
Not to mention who has been responsible for the horrific squad management over the last number of years?
For sure Mourinho should go, but to exonerate Levy of any blame for this shambles is just laughable.
99%? 30-50% max... most thought it was worth a go. I did - I thought he would take a different approach, in a less pressured environment and with a decent group of players and enjoy himself

well fuck me, I was wrong

In terms of the squad though we don’t need much more. A good CB, a decent DM cover (Skipp), a RB upgrade and maybe another AM and then clear out the deadwood. Mourinho cannot blame this on the squad we had a very good window and I am normally a Levy critic.

We need 2 CB's. Right now there are 0 consistently reliable ones.
Depending on what system we use (I would assume 4-3-3) we also need 3rd capable CM next to Hjojberg and Ndombele. Sissoko is not it. Very-very far from it.
Then we need 3rd front 3 player who could actually score a goal.

That is already 4 players.
Plus I am not sure we can rely on Aurier as RB. So it would be 5.

And then there would still be 0 cover in attacking position (assuming that reminder of the cover would be say Rodon, Toby, Tanganga, Davies, Aurier, Winks, Sissoko, Alli). So that would be closer to 6.

Still not sure about that, no guarantee that his replacement would be any better. Can't see Daniel admitting that he has made a huge mistake by appointing him in the first place. Think he is here, at least until end of the season.
Agreed. I honestly think he’ll be here at the start of next season because he’s getting the benefit of the doubt in a weird time. Not sure it’s right - and this week I hate what he’s presented as THFC - but if we’re like this with fans in he’ll be gone soon.

We need 2 CB's. Right now there are 0 consistently reliable ones.
Depending on what system we use (I would assume 4-3-3) we also need 3rd capable CM next to Hjojberg and Ndombele. Sissoko is not it. Very-very far from it.
Then we need 3rd front 3 player who could actually score a goal.

That is already 4 players.
Plus I am not sure we can rely on Aurier as RB. So it would be 5.

And then there would still be 0 cover in attacking position (assuming that reminder of the cover would be say Rodon, Toby, Tanganga, Davies, Aurier, Winks, Sissoko, Alli). So that would be closer to 6.

Lo Celso with a manager that knows how to use attacking players would be fine, if you want a more defensive one then Skipp will be here next season.

CB is a clear issue but we have a manager that relies on defence to win games when we have a top class attack. Even if you defend Mourinho this squad is designed for an attacking manager.

In some ways, I wish the stadium was full of supporters, as i'm sure Levy would be getting the message pretty fucking quick that there's something seriously wrong with this team.

Fortunately for Jose, he is having an easy ride with no fans to throw abuse at him and the crowd making their feelings known at the final whistle.

If things get much worse the fans will start turning on Daniel. He'll be quick enough to pull the trigger then.
But ... isn’t everyone getting let of the hook a bit because there are no fans in the stadium. Mou is getting more time and less pressure than normal. Levy isn’t getting any abuse from the stands (not saying he should). I think we’ll see both here in August 2021. Honestly.

Back
Top Bottom