Chelsea (H) 4/2/2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nothing to with Dier.

We looked bad because Mourinho ended the game in like a 4-1-4-1 formation.

We had no protection at the back. tactical not personel
Neither Rodon nor Toby did enough to suggest they should be in ahead of Dier.

We have a pretty poor group of centre backs now so there's really nothing between them. (Except Sanchez who is utter gash).

If anyone honestly thinks Mourinho is fighting for his job than you're just as bigger fool as Levy.

He isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
That may well be the picture this morning but will it be in two weeks time? Our next four league games are

Chavs (h)
West Brom (h)
City (a)
Spammers (a)

Three of those in any given season are amongst our most trickiest games. I’d say we’re nailed on not to win any of those 3, possibly lose all 3 and West Brom and Big Sam will fancy it too and smell blood. We’re still somehow in 6th but we’re only 4 points ahead of Leeds in 12th. Every chance after those 4 games we’ll be in 11th or 12th. What will be Levy’s thinking then? FA Cup 5th round at Everton next week too.

When a manager has lost the dressing room and players have downed tools there’s no limit to how low they can go. When Chelsea players downed tools on Mourinho at the start of 2015/16 season (just a few months after winning the league), they lost 9 of their first 16 league games and were just a handful of points above the relegation places in 16th when Mourinho was fired before Christmas. Hiddink came in as caretaker manager and they immediately went on a 15 game unbeaten run.

Out of interest i bought a programme from the first match i attended (12th Aug 1972).

Makes for sad reading.

STs started at £17.30 for 21 league & 4 cup games.
General admission was £0.30.
Programmes were 5p.
British Rail football specials to the midlands for our next two away games (WBA & WW) were £1.75 each.
Coincidentally, this was the first game, after 50 years, where we had peripmeter advertising to 'take advanatge of the revenue from increased TV coverage.
Our players mostly went to Spain on their holidays but a few went to places like Hastings & Bournemouth.

Going to football was fun.
Now it is a chore to even watch the games on TV. I will be avoiding it like the plague on Wed & will wait until the 80th minute, when we are 1-0 up against WBA, to turn the game off and wait for the 1-1 notification at FT.
Football matches without fans are friendlies/exhibition games.

Sad times.

Going to football was fun.
Now it is a chore to even watch the games on TV. I will be avoiding it like the plague on Wed & will wait until the 80th minute, when we are 1-0 up against WBA, to turn the game off and wait for the 1-1 notification at FT.
Football matches without fans are friendlies/exhibition games.

Sad times.
Thursday. :mourfacepalm:

I'm thinking we manage a draw, it will be boring but that is better than a loss.

Lloris
Doherty - Dier - Toby - Davies (if Reggie is out)
Winks - Hojbjerg
Lucas - Ndombele - Son
Vinicius

I don't know what to expect before this game. It's gone for Kane being out for 3 months, now 2 weeks. Wouldn't shock me if he started on Thursday. Wouldn't shock me if Tanganga played left wing. Honestly, I've lost all track of things.

TEicXZT.png

Subs: Hart, Sanchez, Davies, Doherty, Devine, Winks, Lamela, Bale, Dele

Marcos Alonso's exile from the first teams ends just in time for him to play us and score.

Having said that, Chelsea are shit. That’s why they are below us in the table. If Mourinho can get our players up for the game like we were against City and Woolwich, we can beat them.

Marcos Alonso's exile from the first teams ends just in time for him to play us and score.

Having said that, Chelsea are shit. That’s why they are below us in the table. If Mourinho can get our players up for the game like we were against City and Woolwich, we can beat them.
Agreed BUT

Don't think he can couldn't get them motivated for Brighton. i think he's lost a lot of that dressing room

That may well be the picture this morning but will it be in two weeks time? Our next four league games are

Chavs (h)
West Brom (h)
City (a)
Spammers (a)

Three of those in any given season are amongst our most trickiest games. I’d say we’re nailed on not to win any of those 3, possibly lose all 3 and West Brom and Big Sam will fancy it too and smell blood. We’re still somehow in 6th but we’re only 4 points ahead of Leeds in 12th. Every chance after those 4 games we’ll be in 11th or 12th. What will be Levy’s thinking then? FA Cup 5th round at Everton next week too.

When a manager has lost the dressing room and players have downed tools there’s no limit to how low they can go. When Chelsea players downed tools on Mourinho at the start of 2015/16 season (just a few months after winning the league), they lost 9 of their first 16 league games and were just a handful of points above the relegation places in 16th when Mourinho was fired before Christmas. Hiddink came in as caretaker manager and they immediately went on a 15 game unbeaten run.
That also shows what type of c**** players can be

Agreed BUT

Don't think he can couldn't get them motivated for Brighton. i think he's lost a lot of that dressing room

I don’t think it’s that simple. Against Liverpool a week ago, when Son scored the goal that was 0.5 cm offside, I didn’t feel that. But the goal was ruled out, Kane got injured and the game went in another direction after a huge argument at half time.

I see a team that is very, very low on confidence after a big reality check over the last month after they got carried away thinking we could win the league. I don’t think we are at the point yet where Mou has lost the dressing room, he would be much more sour than he is if that were happening. He seems very placid at the moment.

The vibe I get is exactly the same one we had after the CL final. Being top of the league in December and then falling away has shaken them a lot. Compare the intensity of recent matches to how we played at Anfield. It’s night and day. More than any tactical decision Mourinho has to lift their spirits. If he can’t then we will keep on losing.

Back
Top Bottom