Jose In Or Out 2021 Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose In or Out?

• Total voters
It was well documented Mourinho took us over in 15th spot, I don’t think we drop that far considering the shit between us and 15th, but we could get close the way things are going...

It wasn't well documented he took us over in 15th spot.
Because he took us over in 14th spot.

What was less documented was that was only 3 points behind 5th place at the time though.

I want him out immediately but that's just because I know a change is coming soon so why wait? But I can understand the idea of keeping him for this year. But no way should we go into next season with Jose as our manager. Even if we manage 4th or win a trophy, he needs to go after this year.

But we wasn’t chasing trophies between 2001 and 2010 we were chasing mid table stability, then top 6, then EL, then top 4.

His first decade was just fine.
Then he sacked Arry, and the fans cheered with delight....
Why are you banging Redknapps drum constantly as if he was the one that got away, yet constantly ridicule Pochettino who blew Redknapps achievements out of the water with a squad that was only on par if not worse than Redknapps in terms of natural ability?

I'm 'NeverJose' but voted 'Jose In' because I think foolish choices should be painful. If folks get off too easy they are emboldened in their foolishness. A little fucking humble pie for DL and the 'winner mob' won't hurt. We aren't going down and we aren't winning any honors so an actual lesson might as well be learned.

He has made some poor managerial choices and the lack of a DoF has always bothered me though.
I think we did have a DoF previously. Apparently Poch didn't want one and Levy backed him on that. A mistake in my opinion.

Trevor Birch was appointed as DoF in September, but left in January to become EFL chief executive.

We're now left with Hitchin.

Jose is so lucky the grounds have no fans. This could easily be more toxic than AVB or Gross the way things are now. Lockdown was probably for the best for Spurs.

I want him out immediately but that's just because I know a change is coming soon so why wait? But I can understand the idea of keeping him for this year. But no way should we go into next season with Jose as our manager. Even if we manage 4th or win a trophy, he needs to go after this year.
I was until the end of the season until Liverpool but its just absymal, so devoid of anything resembling a plan or entertainment i have just thought what the hell. Our top targets arent going to come until the end of the season so its hardly ideal. But its got so bad i just dont think we have anything to lose.

So according to this poll so far just over 10% want him to remain. Not just lost the players but the fans as well.

You want to hire a senior executive that has a proven track record, doing fantastically well with a few of your direct competitors. You know, those past achievements.
I see a senior executive whose success has fallen off considerably in the past decade and struggled with corporations with more resources than us. The individual was fired from his last 2 positions in his 3rd year because of poor results and an incredibly toxic relationship.

Let’s hire him!

Are fans going to be happy to pay £70+ a game to watch this shite? Jose will get till the end of the season as there are no fans at the stadium

I think thats exactly why he'll see the season out

We’ve 9 points from last 10 games, the joint 4th lowest points haul in the league over that period. There’s still 17 league games left in the season. If Jose and the zombie team he’s presiding over muddles through to the end of the season, is it going to get a whole lot better than joint 4th lowest?

There’s positive precedents for caretaker managers taking over from Toxic Jose. When Man U sacked him, the caretaker manager they put in, won 10 and drew 2 of next 12 league games. He possibly did too well for the long term good of the club as he ended up getting the job full time.

When Chelsea fired him at Christmas 2015 and put in Hiddink to the end of the season, they immediately went on a 15 game unbeaten league run.

Last edited:
I'm 'NeverJose' but voted 'Jose In' because I think foolish choices should be painful. If folks get off too easy they are emboldened in their foolishness. A little fucking humble pie for DL and the 'winner mob' won't hurt. We aren't going down and we aren't winning any honors so an actual lesson might as well be learned.
This is a good shout. The fact it's even a whopping 10% who mean it genuinely means we still haven't learnt our lesson.

I’ve gone for out but keep til end of season .... this season the league is a bust but maybe he and the team can raise themselves for the cup games.

save a few quid on terminating his contract and spend this time doing some DD on finding his replacement

im numb now to the god awful football he churns out so the suffering is now minimal

Back
Top Bottom