Jose In Or Out 2021 Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose In or Out?

• Total voters
I really don’t disagree with that at all. But take a serious look at the squad and write done who think is genuinely good enough and you’d be legitimately mad to see leave.

My list: Kane, Son, Ndombele, Hojbjerg, and Reguilon with Rodon, Bergwijn, and Lo Celso in the TBD category.

We need to be realistic about how much the squad has been allowed to atrophy since 2017-2018. Pochettino told us as much and it’s all coming true. It’s nearly impossible to underrate how much work there is to be done outside Kane and Son being world class.

Id also keep Aurier (at least as 2nd choice) he has been decent mostly this season. No issue with Davies as a back up left back and I would see if the new manager used Bale and Vinnie properly before calling their loans off as they have talent. Bringing Skipp back should help give a bit more cover in the middle.

up front is fine, one or two new in the middle but it’s the defence that needs the big correction.

Not fixated at all. Although, I continue to believe his track record should be taken into account.

I’m at the stage now that if we did sack him (which I don’t think we will, or should), anyone else coming in won’t be much better. So I’m sticking to my guns in wanting to give him more time.

There’s no right and wrong here. Purely opinions that differ.
I do take his track record into account.

Any employer will look at job experience, but recent experiences will hold more weight. He is clearly trending downwards. He won a league title at chelsea before completely blowing up with the squad and having the worst season they've had in the last 25 years. Then they won the league the next season without him.

He did the same thing with United except without winning the league. Instead he fluked a few cup wins. But the performances were awful, and he acted like a cunt, and the club and fans said get the fuck out of my club.

These are with clubs with more resources than us. So to even meet their level would be an accomplishment. However, Jose is actually regressing.

We need to fire Jose asap so we can 1) get a fresh start with a new manager for Dele and Bale, and 2) to adjust our training and tactical approach to support building positive, attacking habits back into the team. Even if we get a caretaker until the summer merely offering Dele and Bale a path back in the team would be worth it, and any general movement back towards possession and attacking should suit our eventual choice of manager better than keeping jose-ball for another few months.

We need to fire Jose asap so we can 1) get a fresh start with a new manager for Dele and Bale, and 2) to adjust our training and tactical approach to support building positive, attacking habits back into the team. Even if we get a caretaker until the summer merely offering Dele and Bale a path back in the team would be worth it, and any general movement back towards possession and attacking should suit our eventual choice of manager better than keeping jose-ball for another few months.
There are viable reasons to sack the manager.

But to ensure places in the team for a guy who hasn’t really played well in three years and another who hasn’t really played at all in three years, isn’t one of them.

He's bloody lucky we've got Wolfsberger and not a good team next. He'll probably cling on until we're out of that i'd imagine which will likely be against the first decent side we play. Only games we win now are WBA, Sheff Utd, Wycombe and Marine. Not beaten a top half team since City in November.

Last edited:
All of you "the squad is awful so I'm not Jose out" lot-

Being upset is better than being depressed.

A manager who isn't a pathetic coward with this troubled squad/shit defence is much better than Jose with it.

I'd rather leave Mourinho where he is than trust the owners to find a replacement. Whoever we get will have a real problem on his hands and won't be backed in the transfer market by the board .

I'd rather leave Mourinho where he is than trust the owners to find a replacement. Whoever we get will have a real problem on his hands and won't be backed in the transfer market by the board .

That’s why I want him gone. Jose has shown he is not able to adapt unless he gets a massive squad of players he needs, that’s a luxury. We have a top quality attacking team that he has no idea how to use. Yes we have a weak defence but I doubt any other manager in the league right now could have the attacking players we have playing that shit.

Last edited:
MOURINHO IS A FUTURE TOTTENHAM LEGEND HE HAS SPURS TATTED ON HIS CHEST. IN THE SUMMER HE NEEDS A 250M+ WAR CHEST, A MASSIVE CLUB EXODUS AND A REBUILD RETAINING KANE, SON, HOLJBERG, AUDI VERALD, LLORIS.

250M SUMMER WAR CHEST TO MEAN BUSINESS. THE CLUB NEEDS A HUGE REBUILD.
Can we get a full blown wank emoji??

Absolutely. Whoever we appoint we'll be back here with same arguments in a couple of years time.
If, as seems likely, we become the first club Jose has failed at in his entire managerial career most on here will refuse to even consider the most obvious reeason for such an anomaly.

I've changed my vote from out at the end of the season to out once we have a replacement. We need to get that replacement lined up and it needs to be someone good. Don't ask me who I think is a good appointment though, I thought Jose was a great appointment!
Ask yourself this though, are we likely to do better with Mourinho or a caretaker in charge for a few games?

Ask yourself this though, are we likely to do better with Mourinho or a caretaker in charge for a few games?

Caretaker.

I think at the very least if the results are equally as bad the football will likely improve. Doubtful that a caretaker manager is going to come in and try to play a 25% possession style of football.

We aren't beating bad teams right now- we need to change that.

I'd think Graham Potter could be a great, sneaky choice. I'd love to see what his coaching could do for our offense.

Hassenhutl, Nagelsmann, and Rodgers would be good choices too.

Caretaker- at least getsome positive spirit in the team heading into the summer.

I know it will be hated, and not sure it is even a realistic option, but having watched him on TV I would take Timmy back for a caretaking role until the end of the year.

He has some terrible opinions and wasn't great as a manager before but he seems like a really nice guy, that loves Spurs and would bring some joy and fun to the team. I don't think we would win much but he would be easy to let go in the summer when we bring in the replacement and might make the last part of the season somewhat enjoyable to watch for us and play for the players.

That’s why I want him gone. Jose has shown he is not able to adapt unless he get a a massive squad of players he needs, that a luxury. We have a top quality attacking team that he has no idea how to use. Yes we have a weak defence but I doubt any other manager in the league right now could have the attacking players we have playing that shit.
Everybody knows his history and how he spends money, yet we still hired him. 🤷‍♀️
Eddie Howe or whoever we get next will get ragdolled for not getting topping four or winning a trophy in their first season.

Everybody knows his history and how he spends money, yet we still hired him. 🤷‍♀️
Eddie Howe or whoever we get next will get ragdolled for not getting topping four or winning a trophy in their first season.

We did and I remember thinking if you hire Jose you have to spend £400-500m in this market to get what it will take. That was always the risk. Levy gambled that we had an incredible squad burnt out by Poch that needed just a few upgrades and if we just got in Jose he could make it work. Levy fucked up bringing him in. He can’t use attacking players properly and our defence is weak so we are crap.

Back
Top Bottom