Sunderland (home) Ghost of Chimbonda derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

72 points for a club clearly in transition following a year where they sold a few of their best players and a new coach who had to integrate new players and implement a new system

That followed a season totaling 69 points.

Nough said on the impact AVB has had this season.

Can't wait to see Bale back, a big time striker and hopefully a legitimate CM in the mix. This team is so close and lets hope Levy throws the kitchen sink at the Summer Transfer Window

Sorry thats bollocks, we could get 73 next season and finish 6th. I'd rather we win the league on 40 points.

We were 7-pts ahead of them when we beat them in March.

They took 17pts from the next 21 available and we took 8.

Just like last year, we threw it away.

7 points is nothing when there are still more than 30 to play for. And you're looking a one particular part of the season in isolation.

Yes it would have been nice to have kept or extended that lead but the way you spirit makes it sound like negligence. As opposed to, say, injuries to key players, quality of opposition etc.

Last season we had such a massive lead an were even 2-0 up at their place. Now tHAT was blowing it.

For me we've paid for our slow start when we dropped points at home. We also had a difficult first game of the season at Newcastle, before they realised they were shit and had a full squad out. (Including demba ba and a first team keeper) Woolwich play them on the last day when they couldn't really give a fuck

Great season, building all the time and that's what's important. The amount of time we came from behind this season and scored late goals as well as winning away. The spirit is great. We will return stronger.

Fuck that lot from south London, their fans only seem to come out when they want to gloat, most of them have no idea what you're talking about when you mention a result during the season as they don't even watch football. If it keeps that kind of cunt away from our club by not being cl then I'm happy.

Coys. Always Coys.

Meanwhile, in an alternate reality far far away:
SHOLfPZ.jpg

Just back from the pub and I feel sick to my stomach. Sure I'm disappointed that we didn't get 4th, but I think I'm more upset that I wasted my breath rooting for a shit team like Newcastle in the final moments.

Having watched both games simultaneously for the duration, I knew the minute we scored that there was still no hope because NUFC couldn't string three passes together, they were slow, got crowded out at every turn and Ben Arfa was the only one offering anything going forward - he just couldn't do it on his own.

Having watched both games simultaneously for the duration, I knew the minute we scored that there was still no hope because NUFC couldn't string three passes together, they were slow, got crowded out at every turn and Ben Arfa was the only one offering anything going forward - he just couldn't do it on his own.

Good bet to go down next year? I reckon they are fucked with Pardew in charge.

Just back from the pub and I feel sick to my stomach. Sure I'm disappointed that we didn't get 4th, but I think I'm more upset that I wasted my breath rooting for a shit team like Newcastle in the final moments.

We all feel like fools!

...and on a personal level, to the cunt in the East Stand who started the 'Newcastle equaliser' rumour, whoever you are, fuck off! Our club doesn't need pricks like you 'supporting' our club..... What did you hope to achieve? Some 'likes' on Facebook.... To get trending on Twatter you attention seeking cunt!
What fucking good did it do other than spread false hope, and make us all look even MORE ridiculous than we already did, by daring to think Newcastle were capable of doing ANYTHING OTHER THAN LOSE!

Coupled with the sight of Frank Lampard calling Chelsea's Neo-Nazis the best fans in the world, and I fear football really has died this season!

Good bet to go down next year? I reckon they are fucked with Pardew in charge.

Seems to me they were fucked the minute Ashely gave Pardew a seven year contract. Pardew strikes me as the type of mercenary cunt who is only in it for himself. No pride, no loyalty. His comments last weekend just add to the fact that he likes to sleep with his mates'/staff's birds left right and centre.

He's a top pro, real down to earth family man. As old 'Arry would say.

Good season. Shame about today but we move on.
Losing VDV and modric. Kaboul and Sandro injured for most the season. 2 strikers who would be better suited to a mid table club and we stiil achieve a new spurs record.

Couple of quality signings in the summer and we can only improve.

Well done AVB.

Back
Top Bottom