Sunderland (home) Ghost of Chimbonda derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm over it. Seriously. I mean, sure, it sucks that we didn't get 4th spot, but we just got 72 points, we have the best player in the premier league playing for us (and yes, I do think he will stay for another season) and this was AVB's first season. We started slow - remember those early games when the team still hadn't adapted to the new style? Well, next season we wont have that problem. I think with Bale staying we will be able to attract top top players cause they get the chance to play next to him and for a good team - a team who have consistantly hit around 70 points teh last several seasons. A team in London with a good manager, excellent training ground, and new stadium on the way. It's not that hard to sell the club to people.

Next season, if we get a striker, dont have such key players out injured and get one or two of the right midfielders, we will be pushing close to the title. I dont think we will get it, but I think we will be close (people will be talking about it, and we will be fairly comfortable in getting into the CL).

Finally, as a Spurs fan who knows how long this suffering has gone on for, how painful it can be, I remind myself and you all, that when we do manage to finish above those fuckwit tossers who have no one in their team who isn't a complete knob-face, it will feel all the better for us, and more painful for them. They are used to it and when it changes it will hurt them like fuck!

Spurs had the better team last year, but Woolwich had the better player in RVP. That falls on THFC and Arry

This year, it was really the opposite away around. AFC has the better team , but Spurs had the better player in Bale.

Spurs came so so close to finishing ahead of AFC. A bit of bad luck more then anything. Thus, tough to criticize the club for their 5th place finish. 19 out of 21 years, 70+ pts is automatic CL footy.

The amount of shit being said on twitter and facebook by gooners and chelsea fans is unbelivable.
My favourite is apparently we 'deserved nothing' because we relied on one player, according to a particularly staunch chelsea fan I know.

Better to rely on one player who we helped develop than be at the whim of a billionaire.

971457_662480903778069_2071394954_n.jpg

When the forum went down briefly after the final whistle, I thought case had hit the switch for the next 24 hours. Probably would have been a good idea looking at some of the posts

I'm not going to deny I'm disappointed at the final table, but I can't blame AVB for anything. He did a fantastic job with what he was given, what he inherited. I think we can hold our heads up high. Of course it's easy to look back and think, oh, if we'd only done this differently, if only we hadn't blown that match we would have had the points to beat Woolwich...but what's done is done. 72 points is nothing to be ashamed of.

BUT WE WERE SOOOOOOOOO CLOOOOOOOOOOSE :bale2: argh

Gutted, had a sneaky feeling Newcastle would nick a point but it just didn't happen. All this 'record points total' means jack shit when we're finishing 5th.....think about it arry got the boot for finishing 4th yet more points and lower in the league this season means we've progessed and everyone is content

We spent quite a bit of money this past summer and failed to get CL and you just know Levy is going to tighten his purse strings even more now so goodbye Villa, Moutinho, Damiao and hello Gary Hooper. This was our last chance to really close that bastard trap door and pull ourselves level but now with them having serious money to spend they'll eventually pull clear and get back to challenging for the title while we'll still struggle to crack that elusive 'top 4' spot.

Some Spud wrote earlier and forgive me as I cant remember who as you all look a like !.

" Bale, where would we be without him ? ".

Well little tot, I shall imagine you will soon find out !

Gutted, had a sneaky feeling Newcastle would nick a point but it just didn't happen. All this 'record points total' means jack shit when we're finishing 5th.....think about it arry got the boot for finishing 4th yet more points and lower in the league this season means we've progessed and everyone is content

We spent quite a bit of money this past summer and failed to get CL and you just know Levy is going to tighten his purse strings even more now so goodbye Villa, Moutinho, Damiao and hello Gary Hooper. This was our last chance to really close that bastard trap door and pull ourselves level but now with them having serious money to spend they'll eventually pull clear and get back to challenging for the title while we'll still struggle to crack that elusive 'top 4' spot.

Man up mate. Seriously.
When we got in the champions league I didn't see loads of world class players clamouring to join us.

They've had way more money than us for years now and yet here we are, narrowly finishing one point below them on the final day.

Look at how they celebrated (players and fans)
They know we're coming for them. They were clearly shitting themselves. We'll be fine

Back
Top Bottom