Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah its turning in to a strange team to coach. Much better players than your domestic rivals so its hard to get the players to be fully at it every week. Then you have a massive jump in standards for the CL games. So a hard balancing act & a very different challenge than most managerial jobs.

Not to mention the circus that is having Neymar in your midst (and senior management that give him more power than the head coach).

And then there’s the dogs dinner that Leonardo had made of general recruitment.

This isn’t working for them. Not enough creativity and dynamism from Herrera and Gana Gueye. Get them off and replace them with any two of Rafinha, Draxler or Verratti . Also a problem Mbappe hasn’t shown up. Maybe the hype train is weighing him down

Ive watched 30mins, I’m going to watch the rest later. I would have started Veratti and Draxler too, I would have started Draxler instead of Kean on Tuesday- I know he scored a set piece but I thought Kean offered fuck all apart from that in the remit he was used in.

Last edited:
Not to mention the circus that is having Neymar in your midst (and senior management that give him more power than the head coach).

And then there’s the dogs dinner that Leonardo had made of general recruitment.
Yeah neymar seems like one big distraction. Talented player but is he worth all that comes with it. Seems to be injured a lot too. Yes, there recruitment seems a bit random to me. Rather than a specific plan & type of player to add to the teams style of play.

The formation was fluid, as is generally the way.

The guy is flawed, sure, but he is a good man. I am not bitter towards him. In fact, I wish him well. Gave me the best days of my Spurs-supporting life.

Yeah, for shiz, he gave us two and half really great seasons. I’ll remember him fondly for that. But he also gave me 3 years of fucking Sissoko....so pffft..fuck him

Impressive by Monaco. They are playing on the edge in terms of pressing and tackling but it is working beautifully at the moment.
I think Kovac has bested Poch whenever they have faced off. Granted I think it is only the two times.

PSG looked like they had their eyes on the Barca replay but you cannot take anything away from this Monaco side. They executed their game to perfection.

I think Kovac has bested Poch whenever they have faced off. Granted I think it is only the two times.

PSG looked like they had their eyes on the Barca replay but you cannot take anything away from this Monaco side. They executed their game to perfection.

I haven’t seen the last hour of this one yet, but it wasn’t Poch in charge the first game (at Monaco). And there was no CL excuse then either, Monaco deserved to win that game and came back from 2 down if I remember correctly.

Ive watched 30mins, I’m going to watch the rest later. I would have started Veratti and Draxler too, I would have started Draxler instead of Kean on Tuesday- I know he scored a set piece but I thought Kean offered fuck all apart from that.

Not a good game from him today (just like the rest of the players) but I do see some raw skill from Kean and he seems more mature than he ever was at Juve and Everton. Kind of a shame Monaco scored on their first attack I would have liked to see them play a bit more. They totally caught PSG by surprise by pushing both WBs high and outnumbering them. Well we got a strong solid defensive game from Monaco.

Not a good game from him today (just like the rest of the players) but I do see some raw skill from Kean and he seems more mature than he ever was at Juve and Everton. Kind of a shame Monaco scored on their first attack I would have liked to see them play a bit more. They totally caught PSG by surprise by pushing both WBs high and outnumbering them. Well we got a strong solid defensive game from Monaco.
Rumour has it Everton have slapped an asking price of £70m on Kean.

Rumour has it Everton have slapped an asking price of £70m on Kean.

It was 20m before he scored against Barca.

He’s a big lad and has some ability, but I don’t think he’s got lukaku’s level of ability or game intelligence and I don’t think he should play anywhere but through the middle, he’s not a wide/inverted attacker IMO

It does seem a bit steep, but having seen a bit of him lately, I think he he has some very interesting raw ingredients, almost like a slightly smaller Lukaku.
It is definitely steep for a player that is a fringe player at Everton and more or less a backup at PSG. I still think that price tags like that should be for nailed on starters.

He could definitely grow into a 80 mil player tho by the looks of it.

Back
Top Bottom