Europa League 2020-21 - Quest For Glory

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's no way Jose isn't going full strength in the first ties from now on, only if we have a comfortable lead is he going to start playing second strength, even then I don't think he'll rotate too heavily.

I´ve been reading some worrying things about this Zagreb team. Please tell me if you agree with most (or at least some) of this. Thanks.

"
St-Petkovic he will be sold for 20 mil this summer , Croatian national team first choice striker , late bloomer but honestly he is top top striker; tall , dribles very well

GK-Livakovic 1st choice croatian national team gk , my opinion is that he is the best gk in europa leauge

LB- Gvardiol he was sold last summer for 20-25 mil to rb leipzig and loand to dinamo this year , he is the next upamecano

CB-sold older defender with 200 apps in top 5 leauges and a prospect that dinamo bough5 for 5 mil last summer

CM Majer - media calls him next modric im not sure but he is a prospect

CM-Ademi capitan, he had 2 year suspension few years ago and dinamo kept paying him and extended his contract this is a top top quality player only reason he is still in dinamo is loyality

LW- Orsic , honestly this guy is Stevie b quality player.

So basically good defensivly , they press alot , and conceded only 1 goal in group stage and didnt lose a game

"
What I heard was apparently they can't defend that well and we will get joy out of them from dribbling etc.. But they've only conceded 3 goals their whole campaign
Also they have a lot of good forwards.

So a bit more worried than I was. Let's just see how it goes . We can still rotate a few and should have enough quality

What I heard was apparently they can't defend that well and we will get joy out of them from dribbling etc.. But they've only conceded 3 goals their whole campaign

So a bit more worried than I was. Let's just see how it goes . We can still rotate a few and should have enough quality
Also heard they are more focused on winning the league than progressing in the EL

and therefore I disagree with people saying 'we must start our best team blah blah'

We should start some of the first team but if we want to remain competitive we rotate. Especially since the next game up is the NLD , i don't want tired players or B team players starting in the NLD .

Players like Moura and Dele and Vinicius have shown they are very good for the Europa league campaign and they excel in this competition so no point dropping them when we have important league games coming up to.
Use the squad wisely

Dinamo fan from Australia here.

I am supremely confident that we can go down to the wire with Spurs.

This is the best Dinamo Zagreb team since 1997 where we lost 2-1 on aggregate to Atletico Madrid. We drew 0-0 at Man Utd and lost 1-2 in the return leg in the Champions League in 1999.

This is a superior team to both of those sides. We are the hardest Euro opponent you have faced in 2020/21 and it's not even close.

Can't wait!!
Australia is far

This is the best Dinamo Zagreb team since 1997 where we lost 2-1 on aggregate to Atletico Madrid. We drew 0-0 at Man Utd and lost 1-2 in the return leg in the Champions League in 1999.

This is a superior team to both of those sides. We are the hardest Euro opponent you have faced in 2020/21 and it's not even close.

Can't wait!!

Fuck off.

We're going to smash 10 goals past you then set your rotting corpse of a team on fire.

Maybe.

By all means, just because this is one of the easier draws - it doesn't mean it's easy.

Spurs have had 'easy' draws in Europe for over a decade and how many European cups have we won within that time?

Shakhtar? Basel? Fiorentina? Gent?

Have huge respect for Blue Boys when they came to Tirana in 2015/2016. Should have enough to beat them though, but we shouldn't underestimate them. Fucking Covid, would've gone to Croatia to watch us otherwise.

Jose seems to have a knack for drawing the "weaker" teams. Gives me confidence our name might be on a pot this season.

With any luck and a fair wind beat Zagreb and then draw Covid Bye FC in the next round.

COYS!

My point was more that the first thing I saw some supporters and pundits saying is that it’s a harder matchup because it’s a longer flight. It’s 2 hours and one time zone in first class. They aren’t taking a bus.
I know, just any excuse for me to post a gif!
The Next Generation Data GIF by Star Trek

Can't wait!!

Sometimes fans of other teams who come here are a positive addition who have interesting things to say. This one, not so much. But I am not surprised taking into account he is a Dinamo Zagreb fan.

Jose seems to have a knack for drawing the "weaker" teams. Gives me confidence our name might be on a pot this season.

With any luck and a fair wind beat Zagreb and then draw Covid Bye FC in the next round.

COYS!
Based on what do you think Dinamo Zagreb is a weak team ?

We already lost once against a very weak team such as Gent in this phase. We should not underestimate anyone.

We have a few class players such as Gareth, but Gareth is not what he used to be. I am mentioning Bale because he already smashed Dinamo 10 years ago when we also had the best midfielder of all time, Luka Modric.

We have the best offence of Europa league, they have the best defence of Europa league. It will be two amazing games. David against Goliath.

Can't wait!!
Fucking Woolwich fans making accounts again.

I´ve been reading some worrying things about this Zagreb team. Please tell me if you agree with most (or at least some) of this. Thanks.

"
St-Petkovic he will be sold for 20 mil this summer , Croatian national team first choice striker , late bloomer but honestly he is top top striker; tall , dribles very well

GK-Livakovic 1st choice croatian national team gk , my opinion is that he is the best gk in europa leauge

LB- Gvardiol he was sold last summer for 20-25 mil to rb leipzig and loand to dinamo this year , he is the next upamecano

CB-sold older defender with 200 apps in top 5 leauges and a prospect that dinamo bough5 for 5 mil last summer

CM Majer - media calls him next modric im not sure but he is a prospect

CM-Ademi capitan, he had 2 year suspension few years ago and dinamo kept paying him and extended his contract this is a top top quality player only reason he is still in dinamo is loyality

LW- Orsic , honestly this guy is Stevie b quality player.

So basically good defensivly , they press alot , and conceded only 1 goal in group stage and didnt lose a game

"
Mate.. Newcastle got £30m for Sissoko. I wouldn't worry about how much their players are worth.

Also.. 'The next Upamecano'? What is this? Childsplay.

Back
Top Bottom