In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hilarious how some pathetic morons/nobodies think they have a saying in all this. They even suggest names. No one listens you idiots. Your opinion means zilch, nada. Get a life you fucking weirdos.

They also had a great chance for top 4 last season before they imploded.

Thought they may be the Jamie Vardy team - but perhaps the James Maddison team.

He got injured at the back end of last season and they only won 2 of those last 6 games he missed. Which as you say ended up costing them top 4 when they were in a pretty comfortable position.

The two league games this season that he's missed they have failed to pick up points (3-0 loss to West Ham, 1-1 draw with Palace) - and they were without him yesterday for the embarrassing Prague result.

Do people think 33 year old Nagelsmann is the real deal?
How does anyone know?

I guess you can only base it on what style of football he would likely bring, if he has proven to get the best out of his players in the past and what he has achieved with smaller clubs in terms of turning them around.

He was 29 years old or so when given the head coach job at Hoffenheim. They were 7 points from safety in the Bundesliga with 14 games to go. They won 7 of them and stayed up.

Following year? He had them finish 4th and qualify for the Champions League. Following year? They finished 3rd.

At RB Leipzig in his first full year, he had them finish 3rd and got them to a Champions League semi final. At the age of 32. This season, his second year, he has them 2nd in the Bundesliga just 2 points behind Bayern Munich.

Now, he may just be a 6 year prodigy and may not amount to nothing.

But is it really worth running the risk of missing out on him? Especially if he WANTS to come?

I was under the impression RBL were very much paying their way up the pyramid?
They did to an extent (why they are so hated in Germany) but it's been aided by brilliant scouting and an extremely modern outlook.

They've sold Werner and Keita for a combined £105mil - basically Germany's Leicester if you think about it.

Only spent over €20 on a player once and that was paid to the sister Red Bull Salzburg club.

I guess you can only base it on what style of football he would likely bring, if he has proven to get the best out of his players in the past and what he has achieved with smaller clubs in terms of turning them around.

He was 29 years old or so when given the head coach job at Hoffenheim. They were 7 points from safety in the Bundesliga with 14 games to go. They won 7 of them and stayed up.

Following year? He had them finish 4th and qualify for the Champions League. Following year? They finished 3rd.

At RB Leipzig in his first full year, he had them finish 3rd and got them to a Champions League semi final. At the age of 32. This season, his second year, he has them 2nd in the Bundesliga just 2 points behind Bayern Munich.

Now, he may just be a 6 year prodigy and may not amount to nothing.

But is it really worth running the risk of missing out on him? Especially if he WANTS to come?
I find it insane that people are questioning it. especially if we give him a young hungry group,

I’m not aware of being a member of “a group of guys”, except for “arseholes with a beard”, but I do understand what you are saying. I do think Hassenhutl should be doing better than losing almost every match over the last couple of months, but I’m assuming a short term blip rather than him just being shite.

Just don’t see why we’d get rid of someone and replace him with relegation fodder. In the same way I’d have to think very carefully to find any of their players that I think could come to us and transform our first eleven.
Well because within every club there are strong and weak points.

For me what keeps Southampton respectable are Hassenhuttl's brave coaching, Ings being an excellent goal getter and good solid players like Vestegaard, KWP and JWP. They don't have the player quality to be consistently good for long stretches.

Do you judge Spurs by the level of a Harry Kane and the potential/talent of an N'Dombele or do you judge Spurs by the level of a Matt Doherty?

Hmmm so it comes down to Nagglesmann and Rodgers. In the Germans favour made his teams attractive and competitive on reasonably small budget. In Rodgers favour, made his teams attractive and competitive on reasonably small budget. Tie breaker the stupid jacket or the Trans mistress and David Brent like pronouncements.....🤔

Naggelsmann it is. COYS!!

As mentioned previously I really like him but would be nervous having him at Spurs without him gaining more experience at a bigger Club and with that bigger competitions experience.

Good piece...............

what's the ideal stepping stone between Brighton and Spurs though?

because if I said we should buy bissouma, (IMO their best player) then you wouldn't be saying that.

Poch, Redknapp and Jol, Spurs was the biggest job that they had all taken on. They were the best for us.

Hmmm so it comes down to Nagglesmann and Rodgers. In the Germans favour made his teams attractive and competitive on reasonably small budget. In Rodgers favour, made his teams attractive and competitive on reasonably small budget. Tie breaker the stupid jacket or the Trans mistress and David Brentlike pronouncements.....🤔

Naggelsmann it is. COYS!!
the tie breaker is Nagelsmann doesn't choke at the end of the season and seems to be pretty good in Europe.

Rodgers doesn't appeal to me at all tbh.

Honestly I'd rather Gerrard over Rodgers.

He's actually taken the time to learn his craft in the Liverpool youth and he's improved Rangers immeasurably, last 16 of Europa and ending Celtic's domestic dominance in such emphatic fashion can't be overlooked.

Rodgers took an dominant Celtic and made them even more dominant, but failed badly in Europe, something their board really wanted.

Honestly I'd rather Gerrard over Rodgers.

He's actually taken the time to learn his craft in the Liverpool youth and he's improved Rangers immeasurably, last 16 of Europa and ending Celtic's domestic dominance in such emphatic fashion can't be overlooked.

Rodgers took an dominant Celtic and made them even more dominant, but failed badly in Europe, something their board really wanted.
Dear lord I actually threw up in my mouth at the thought of Gerrard as our coach. I don't want anyone tainted with Liverpool any where near us. Nagglesmann with Ragnik as D.O.F has always been my preference. Followed by Potter( there's something about Potter that makes me think he will end up very big indeed.) But he needs a Southampton sized job first. Gerrard would be openly waiting to replace Klopp and tapping up Scarlet and Son.

Back
Top Bottom